Gibbs vs Hodge 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry about trolling Hodge, he's a proven performer in all sorts of conditions.

I think we need to downgrade our expectations of Gibbs, that's the issue here.

I don't troll Hodge. He's a very good zone defender and I would never argue otherwise.

As for Gibbs I agree. I hope people tone down their expectations on the kid. I mean, I know he's shown greatness already, but he's still only just turned 20yo FFS.

In the game today, Hodge took off down the middle of the ground out of defence and out of nowhere, Adam Simpson went the hip n shoulder coming the other way. It was a massive collision, Simpson just bounced off Hodge, who stayed down on one knee and took some deep breaths. A few moments later, Hodge took a great mark in defence, on the goal line.

And you thought Squibbsy would ever be half the player Hodge is. For shame.

What? He just failed at taking the bump properly. Got winded.

And then took a mark in defence. Calm down, buddy.

Hodge is at the very least AFL standard.

Maybe, maybe not, PodgePodgePodge.
I suppose time catches up with us all, bit too slow to get to the contest, loss of reflexes, coughing up the ball, passing to the opponent ... that sort of thing.
Never mind, we will try and remember Hodge at his best.
What we don't want to see is this former #no1 draft pick play out his days at Box Hill. That would be a pity.

Anyway, you should now start thinking about your next BigFooty nick.

LanceChance ?
MitchBitch ?

Feel free to use any of these suggestions, champ.

Squibbsy is definately further ahead of Hodge this year and rightly so....

It's safer for him to stay clear and play 15 meters ahead of him, wouldn't want to break a finger nail and all....

Squibbsy is miles ahead....keep going Squibbsy you star.;)

That's hardly surprising given the extent of Hodge's injuries this year.

I think it's Leprosy this week.

Leprosy, hah. Nothing will stop the personification of "Hard Ball Gets" in the Navy Blue No.4....well almost nothing...Lucky Milne doesn't play for us.

can you really compare the two. one is a midfielder and one is a spare man in defense?

how can you compare the twO?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs vs Hodge 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back