News Gibbs set to stay *Update Gibbs re-signs for 2 years*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gibbs set to stay

Unfortunately for GC there doesn't seem to be many players prepared to score the label of being disloyal

As big name players continue to turn their backs on the GC and sign on, this disloyal label only becomes worse, and must increasingly add weight in a players decision.

Gibbs has commited to Carlton. The club and the player are in no rush to get it done, and will make sure everything is spot on before getting it done. The possibility of a new recruit is also another 'variable' which is holding it up, as Swan and Co will need to backloak and frontload etc etc. Dont worry, he is going nowhere.

If supporters haven't listened to you by now BIB, then let them stress unnecessarily.

As big name players continue to turn their backs on the GC and sign on, this disloyal label only becomes worse, and must increasingly add weight in a players decision.

Exactly. With the way players have been turning their back on the big offers from the Gold Coast, anyone that does choose to take the big money, is going to stand out like 'hen's teeth'.

I hope they can attract some reasonable quality players, but the task is proving to be a lot more difficult than some, particularly the AFL, had anticipated.

Gibbs set to stay

Anyone can tell you that Gibbs won't go home.

If we put up a fight to keep Russell and Thornton, then it's a reasonable assumption that the club would never let Gibbs join GC. I somehow doubt that Gibbs would consider moving to a team that will have to build from the bottom up.

Not after he played for a struggling team in 2007.

Gibbs was reportedly rapt to hear that Judd had signed with Carlton.

This is just the negotiating process, so don't believe any of the bullshit Hutchy shovels our way.

The flog believes Folau deserves one million dollars p.a.

Exactly. With the way players have been turning their back on the big offers from the Gold Coast, anyone that does choose to take the big money, is going to stand out like 'hen's teeth'.

I hope they can attract some reasonable quality players, but the task is proving to be a lot more difficult than some, particularly the AFL, had anticipated.

I think that the only player who would be heading north would be Ablett because I think that he would relish the challange of going to a brand new club and trying to establish them as a quality side. Unfortunately I think that he might be the only top level player who will go. I certainly dont believe all that rubbish about him cooling on the idea. I think that he has already inked the deal, Geelong has gotten better than the AFL compensation pick for him which is why they are shutting up about it.

I believe BiB more than Hutchy in what is happening with Gibbs and his contract (although his .sig might be a bit off this year...).

Anyone can tell you that Gibbs won't go home.

If we put up a fight to keep Russell and Thornton, then it's a reasonable assumption that the club would never let Gibbs join GC. I somehow doubt that Gibbs would consider moving to a team that will have to build from the bottom up.

Not after he played for a struggling team in 2007.

Gibbs was reportedly rapt to hear that Judd had signed with Carlton.

This is just the negotiating process, so don't believe any of the bullshit Hutchy shovels our way.

The flog believes Folau deserves one million dollars p.a.

Lethal has said exactly what I have been thinking. They are throwing a bucket at these rugby league guys in an effort to get them to move and what sort of message does that send to the young guys who have been playing the game in school and in u16 and u18 leagues who are good quality, but are just starting out.

"Sorry guys, we rate you and want you to play football, but this guy who has never played before... he is worth $1mill a year because he is going to raise the AFL brand consciousness in rugby league areas and make the AFL a load of money we arent going to be giving you."

Folau deserves 350k/year at the most thank you very much.

I somehow doubt more than 5% of Queenslanders have heard of Bryce Gibbs, but stick him and Folou on a footy field (a real one, with 4 posts at each end), and Gibbs will give him a bath and tuck him into bed.

Gold Coast need to balance several things... building a decent team, but also selling the sizzle. Gibbs is the ideal player for them. Young, very good, likely to get better. A guy who can build around, but young enough that he'll still be good when GC's 17yos are good.

They're right to come for him, and we'll do everything in our power to hold onto him. Our argument is easy... play finals now. Challenge for a premiership soon. Stay with your mates. Also, Sticks knows your dad, and you wouldn't want to disappoint your dad... :p

I somehow doubt more than 5% of Queenslanders have heard of Bryce Gibbs, but stick him and Folou on a footy field (a real one, with 4 posts at each end), and Gibbs will give him a bath and tuck him into bed.

Gold Coast need to balance several things... building a decent team, but also selling the sizzle. Gibbs is the ideal player for them. Young, very good, likely to get better. A guy who can build around, but young enough that he'll still be good when GC's 17yos are good.

They're right to come for him, and we'll do everything in our power to hold onto him. Our argument is easy... play finals now. Challenge for a premiership soon. Stay with your mates. Also, Sticks knows your dad, and you wouldn't want to disappoint your dad... :p

BIB has already know that Gibbs isnt leaving the club and the deal is already done...

The club is just holding up on a big name recruit/trade at the end of the year before we put the final period at the end of Gibbs new contract...

Why are people panicking????

BIB has already know that Gibbs isnt leaving the club and the deal is already done...

The club is just holding up on a big name recruit/trade at the end of the year before we put the final period at the end of Gibbs new contract...

Exactly Dram.

Greg Swann was on SEN just before & of course Gibbs's contract came up.

He said that it is the 1st time anything had been mentioned about Bryce & GC17 as he heard Hutchy mention it last night on TFS.

He said Hutchy had no idea !!!!!!!!!

Also mentioned that paperwork had been exchanged between the Club & Bryce's management & the Club are closer to finalising his contract.

big name recruit/trade at the end of the year. like who. throw some names would be much appreciated. go blues

Gibbs set to stay

Yeah, but nah.

Pavlich won't leave Fremantle.

Everyone who is a gun has already been signed up due to the GC lurking in the background with a fat cheque book.

The poor return for losing an uncontracted player appears to have had the effect of making clubs more eager to sign their required players.

The irony.

Gibbs set to stay true Blue
"There are plenty of stories about Bryce, but I think he will stay at the Blues," Swann said. "We are close (and getting) closer."

"In all seriousness, we have been talking to Bryce's management and there is no talk, anything, from the Gold Coast,"
Gibbs set to stay true Blue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs set to stay

Blues still ruminating on Gibbs amid comparisons to Selwood
Recently The Footy Show said Gibbs was the latest player in the Gold Coast cross-hairs. That is understood to be premature.

Gibbs has also, in police-speak, long been a person of interest to Adelaide, after it missed out on him for a father-son selection.

But the player recently bought a house in Melbourne and is not understood to be entertaining a move interstate, north or west.
Blues still ruminating on Gibbs amid comparisons to Selwood

i love reporters who just type away ....... selwood is basically a year older than gibbs 26/5/88 and 15/3/89 and the games comparison is not a "true" indication either selwoods 78 games includes 9 finals gibbs 74 includes 1 they have not been able to be selected in the same amount of games. gibbs has never finished outside the top 10 of a carlton best and fairest (selwood finished 16th in his first season and 5th in 2008 (not 4th as stated)

i guess what i am trying to say is that you cam make stats look good for your argument if you just keep dropping them in there.

i just do not see the relevance of a gibbs v selwood comparison when they play at different clubs with different salary cap situations if they were both unsigned at the same club then go for it.

I doubt very highly that Gibbs will leave us, what a waste of rebuilding if he were to walk way from us

As for Grigg, I'm not one for rumours, but I do know some1 close to Grigg who was adamant that Grigg has agreed to terms with GC17, I was told this in Rd 4, so seeing rumours on here about Grigg makes me think that my source is on the money

I won't be too disappointed to lose Grigg, he does have some talent but I just don't know if he has the work ethic, how would we get compensated for him if he does go there?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gibbs set to stay *Update Gibbs re-signs for 2 years*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back