Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

I think if we put that pick slide on the table early it just gets banked into the conversion and we'd be expected to add to it. I think he handled it perfectly

Maybe …I just feel like I offer that at the start then you give them x amount of time ..and if they don't do you move on.

Mackie has the runs on the board so far ..so who could question him

I look at Neale as a likely paradigm. Get someone with the attributes required and give quality inputs. They will have time… and in the meantime if a Cadman falls into our lap so be it. The Stmpf kid has probably jumped up around 20 to 30 spots on the back of the combine testing but someone like that. Maybe even ata lower level. is there someone like a Lawson Humpries elsewhere that was not ready at 18...

Can Edwards play the role. If so sure. No Foster now so someone will have to play the role in the VFL
I always revert back to a rule of thumb which If you look back historically is generally accurate with exceptions..

A key forward who has A grade potential should be a regular by his third season at the level holding his own. My two examples with us are

N Ablett- 32 goals 2007
T Hawkins- 32 goals 2009

Ablett was going to be a star no doubt, and Hawkins turned out to be a superstar.

Jamarra also kicked 35 in his third season most recently.

The rule seems to be quite consistent

I cant see him going anywhere unless he is uncontracted… as I cant see WC doing what Port has just done….

..and if that uncontracted move happens … I dread the thought of how many R1 picks will be involved now that the will allow two years ahead...

Then again if you are really unlucky …someone like Richmond might be on the bottom of the ladder ..and they will just put him into the PSD and you get zero...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any chance we have a look at McAndrew after being delisted at sydney? Would be an upgrade on Conway

Its not so much Conway we need to replace…its Blitz. He is 34 in march. . Pretty soon the guy who is the most flexible tool on our list will be done ...

A guy who is unable to get around the ground will probably not be picked by the MC

Pretty sure Conway is now 207cm since draft listing when he measured in at 205cm.

McAndrew is officially 209cm.

The latest team photo from the Herald Sun, a noticeable inch in height difference between De Koning (204cm) and Conway.
Have you never heard Josh Jenkins talk about heights?
They dont get measured. The players write down what height they are.

He admitted he'd change it each year.
Said that he had times where a player would walk up to him and he'd start laughing. "You're not as tall as is stated on your bio. I know how tall I am and you're 4cm less than what you've said".

Interesting SDK was the first bloke mentioned when he was asked about our ruck stocks.

All our other rucks are either too old or too injured. It's pretty obvious we are going to have to ruck sdk if we don't bring in another readymade ruck.

Have you never heard Josh Jenkins talk about heights?
They dont get measured. The players write down what height they are.

He admitted he'd change it each year.
Said that he had times where a player would walk up to him and he'd start laughing. "You're not as tall as is stated on your bio. I know how tall I am and you're 4cm less than what you've said".

Hardie gave himself and extra inch at least and a bunch of extra weight, probably helped him get drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back