Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

So we ended up with 2 trades and a few pick swaps in a whole week.... Yeah no one is ever going to convince me trade period should be any longer than 7 days.

Either Monday to Monday or Friday to Friday at most.
Mate, they do a draft where round one is done first and then they stop.
Kids just want to be drafted.

But the clubs then need time to work out if they want to trade picks.
Apparently.

Trade period isn't being shortened.

Boredom 😂

Wanted to see thy response if I posted a happy dance gif before running off to cook dinner

BUT if something positive happened before my return I could claim insider knowledge and be all smug 😎
Maybe next time use the privileges and just reserve the space.

Bruhn and Clark are similar. Both average midfielders who should get to C/B Graders. Main issue is the one pointed out already in which they need to soak up midfield time in the AFL to develop as the cant play any other position. Already cost us a flag this year when we were basically a man down with Bruhn playing in the prelim and got smashed in the midfield
Yeah but what do you think of Mullin? 🥴

Yeah, but imagine how much more it'd turn over if they got trade done sooner.

I'd go through at least 3 sets of rears doing burnouts down Malop St if the Smith trade was announced today instead of Wednesday next week 😎
Bailey Smith walked in last trade period, said he wanted to test drive some continental tyres on this new Ford ranger that just randomly appeared in his driveway. Has only just rocked up to negotiate the purchase now.

Clubs asking for more and caving on the last day is AFL trade period 101.

Some interesting stuff happening league wide.

The whole Houston thing with multiple clubs jockeying is not something you see every year.

Then you have the Hawks seemingly dissing the Eagles on the Barass trade by trading out their first rounder.
If anything it is more a middle finger to richmond who probably wanted to stock pile picks this season and instead will get a future first for baker

Boredom 😂

Wanted to see thy response if I posted a happy dance gif before running off to cook dinner

BUT if something positive happened before my return I could claim insider knowledge and be all smug 😎
It took 13 years but your finally doing bigfooty right

I've been firmly in the "do not want Oliver" group of supporters but if the club do go after him this final week, can only back in their better judgement and be all in for the cause.
I guess if anything, having a strong bull still in their prime can only be beneficial to Clark, Holmes and Bruhn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent
Tell Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I've been firmly in the "do not want Oliver" group of supporters but if the club do go after him this final week, can only back in their better judgement and be all in for the cause.
I guess if anything, having a strong bull still in their prime can only be beneficial to Clark, Holmes and Bruhn.

Ditto

But on the proviso of the trade & salary being the right price

Port are an absolute rabble. 5yrs to Sav, letting Houston leave, if they offer a future 1st for Lukosious they have officially lost the plot.

I think it's a good pick up, they have a young but solid midfield, worst case scenario he replaces Houston down back, best case scenario they have a working forward line. As long as they don't get smashed with injuries next year they should make the 8.

Guy was drafted to the wrong club, at pretty much any other club he would have grown into a franchise player.

I want to see a fire sale for the opposition melts

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back