List Mgmt. Geoff Walsh | Returns to NMFC for a short-term advisory role

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me a job! I was the first one to spot the main problem with Scott, Shaw and Noble.

That they didn’t win a flag.
Welcome aboard assistant director Yianni.

Maybe pick Jones instead of Comben.

Altho we ended up with Comben and Perez as a result of that.

Maybe kept one or two players (maybe Daw and Pittard) at the end of 2020. We probably wouldn't have JHF tho.

CCJ trade (easy to criticise with hindsight.)

We'd still be around the bottom and we probably wouldn't look as chaotically bad as we do right now.

In hindsight we had a great laugh at giving up a first rounder for Jed, in later hindsight giving up pick 15 for Jed and Ben was a masterstroke of a deal.

I hope he is removed to be honest.

Sure some might say that about me here, but since Rawling has been in charge we have gone backwards at a very fast rate.
I loved Brady as a player and his true passion for our club . But the absolute amateur way we botched the brown situation putting him on the rack so early. The Robbie Tarrant factor, seriously how we could not do with him now not to mention the erosion of club culture seeing him finish his career at Richmond. The ridiculously long protracted time to secure Jed’s last contract. Has anyone thought if we are pissing our own players off how are we ever going to be attractive for others to join. Thin ice at best Brady

Firstly, I dislike Paul Roos. (not sure why but I do)

However he worked much closer to Noble in first year and now in Hawaii, as some sort of consultant via Zoom which really is not even close to the same.

Was Roos' impact greater than we initially thought and Noble fell into a heap when left on his own?

Noble obviously wasn't the right choice, we move on, but Roos was a key reason we got him and believe it or not, second half of 2021 actually was reasonable compared to this year........

Firstly, I dislike Paul Roos. (not sure why but I do)

However he worked much closer to Noble in first year and now in Hawaii, as some sort of consultant via Zoom which really is not even close to the same.

Was Roos' impact greater than we initially thought and Noble fell into a heap when left on his own?

Noble obviously wasn't the right choice, we move on, but Roos was a key reason we got him and believe it or not, second half of 2021 actually was reasonable compared to this year........
Unfortunately Roos contacted the club via positive energy and vibes far more than he did Zoom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just back off Paul Roos please. I've dug out his journal entries which verify he's a man of impeccable ethics.

Perfect.

Roos would put them through a 2 hour general chat where he talks about the surf out his way, how he likes his coffee single ethical origin, how he loves the all the spare time to meditate but his "wife has told him to get out of the house more often lol".

The North staff are getting more and more fidgety, hungry and tired and wondering when the small talk will finish so they can get down to brass tacks.

The real shock comes at that point when Roos announces "ok guys, I've really enjoyed this initial meet and greet. I'm now happy to talk more seriously. I'll get my PA to call you to schedule in a proper 2 way screening chat, just so we can feel out each other's expectations and see if we want to go any further with this" (yells in background "Candace can you block out 4 hours next week for me to speak to some people in Melbourne thanks?").

Before any North staff can react Roos has stood up (revealing he was in speedos all along) and ended the call.

Roos: Hi guys!
Players (in Conference Room): (underwhelming) Gday..
Roos: I said "HI GUYS!"
Players: (slightly louder but still underwhelming) Gday..
Roos: Ok energy bit low today lol. Anyway I want you guys to all picture your chakras
<long silence>
Josh Goater: "what's a chakra?"
Roos: Haha I do miss that footy banter! As I said boys, picture your chak... ARGHH!
<turns sideways slightly, tablet tips over revealing he's poolside in the middle of a very intense massage>
Roos: Sorry lads Stacey has hands like meathooks lol! Anyway your exercise this week is to picture you chakras
Daniel McPherson: Hey Roosy that's a good start. Shall we get on to some of the leadership stuff now?
<Roos stands up once again revealing his Speedos and hangs up call after about 14 attempts to hit the right button while his crotch consumes the frame>

Is any of the Paul Roos scuttlebutt actually true? The allegation going around these parts is that Roos charges for a service he didn’t actually provide.

Is there any actual evidence for this?

Maybe the guy charges by the hour/ day and doesn’t charge if he’s not working. If he’s charging to work remotely then I assume this is something he and the club went into with their eyes open, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

I have no opinion on Roos myself and couldn’t care less whether he is a coaching god or a charlatan. But people seem to have latched onto the Kangaroos are rubbish = Roos is rubbish. Would love to understand the evidence for this if true.

Every place has won premierships after long droughts, made grand finals and played finals regularly. I'll take that record every day of the week

I'm fine without Roos.

Considering the huge bonuses to Swans and Demons I don't feel it was Roos doing to be honest.

Hope he is enjoying the surf after recommending Noble, that went really well.

I loved Brady as a player and his true passion for our club . But the absolute amateur way we botched the brown situation putting him on the rack so early. The Robbie Tarrant factor, seriously how we could not do with him now not to mention the erosion of club culture seeing him finish his career at Richmond. The ridiculously long protracted time to secure Jed’s last contract. Has anyone thought if we are pissing our own players off how are we ever going to be attractive for others to join. Thin ice at best Brady

Has Tarrant justified getting 2 years based on his output at Richmond?

Not a fan of Brady's work based on CCJ and caving into Ziebell for 2 years, but part of the culture at North the last few decade has been the players expectation to get healthy contracts when resigning.

Would be interested to know how many players on the list would have stayed in the ten years if they were on heavily performance based contracts.

I'm fine without Roos.

Considering the huge bonuses to Swans and Demons I don't feel it was Roos doing to be honest.

Hope he is enjoying the surf after recommending Noble, that went really well.
I'm not a huge fan myself but his record is undeniable. I would suggest our failures rest on our shoulders, not anyone else's. The quicker we see that the better off we will be

I'm not a huge fan myself but his record is undeniable. I would suggest our failures rest on our shoulders, not anyone else's. The quicker we see that the better off we will be
Fair point. He probably rendered the service we asked of him.

As I've said before, a huge chunk of our malaise seem to coincide with the period under Ben Buckley IMO.

I think he deserves a lot more scrutiny in discussion on here than Amarfio, Joyce or Scott get.

Oh yes I am not blaming Roos if that's what you mean.....

We are a basket case due to shocking list management, very poor development of players, no gameplan that players understand or deliver on, and unfortunately hiring the worst AFL coach of all time (which doesn't exactly help).

Fair point. He probably rendered the service we asked of him.

As I've said before, a huge chunk of our malaise seem to coincide with the period under Ben Buckley IMO.

I think he deserves a lot more scrutiny in discussion on here than Amarfio, Joyce or Scott get.
This. I hope we never have a part time president again, we more than anyone need someone hands on and in the trenches. I don't doubt Ben Buckley's intentions but hios time was clearly a massive fail

Every place has won premierships after long droughts, made grand finals and played finals regularly. I'll take that record every day of the week
The arrangement should have ended when the contact hours ended. I think there was good stuff happening last year, yet he set off and still took the money. Absolute joke , a ****ing charlatan.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Geoff Walsh | Returns to NMFC for a short-term advisory role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back