Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I don't see what the problem with this is?

From what I gather from your previous replies to threads here, I reckon you either work for AFL TAS or you are Darren Winter or someone similar. Have never seen anyone on here who defends the boys from Argyle St so much. In your eyes they do nothing wrong.

From what I gather from your previous replies to threads here, I reckon you either work for AFL TAS or you are Darren Winter or someone similar. Have never seen anyone on here who defends the boys from Argyle St so much. In your eyes they do nothing wrong.

None of the above mate, wasn't very happy with the Cameron Thurey circus that went on, but you should have known that seeing as though you think you have me all figured out.

None of the above mate, wasn't very happy with the Cameron Thurey circus that went on, but you should have known that seeing as though you think you have me all figured out.

Let's be serious, the only people that thought the Thurley fiasco was handled well are the numb nuts from AFL TAS, so you along with every other footy follower bar Roger Viney and his Clarence cronies, know the tribunal is a complete cockup.really gone out on a limb there Hero.

Let's be serious, the only people that thought the Thurley fiasco was handled well are the numb nuts from AFL TAS, so you along with every other footy follower bar Roger Viney and his Clarence cronies, know the tribunal is a complete cockup.really gone out on a limb there Hero.

Halftimehero to you thanks ;)

Heard that Charlesworth has signed at the new city team. 30K which includes coaching the Tasmanian u/16 team. Appointed by AFL TAS.

So already there is a conflict of interest by AFLTAS, if they own 50% of 2 southern clubs, how can they recruit players to either team??
What an absolute disgrace AFL Tas have lost all integrity not just in Tasmania but in Victoria and some other states this Trent Bartlett as coach he was sacked and because there all mates they feel the need to give him a job I know of 2 people who applied and were never given any opportunity to put there case forward 1 a country coach in Victoria with great credentials would make Bartlett look second rate and another from Perth ex Tassie boy going back again never given an opportunity how is the football going to improve when they don't do there homework and give outsiders an opportunity I know they both would be a perfect fit but honestly Greg Barnes stick to what you know your an idiot and to Afl Tas and there tight fit family your killing the football and the respect of the footy fans who follow ...

What an absolute disgrace AFL Tas have lost all integrity not just in Tasmania but in Victoria and some other states this Trent Bartlett as coach he was sacked and because there all mates they feel the need to give him a job I know of 2 people who applied and were never given any opportunity to put there case forward 1 a country coach in Victoria with great credentials would make Bartlett look second rate and another from Perth ex Tassie boy going back again never given an opportunity how is the football going to improve when they don't do there homework and give outsiders an opportunity I know they both would be a perfect fit but honestly Greg Barnes stick to what you know your an idiot and to Afl Tas and there tight fit family your killing the football and the respect of the footy fans who follow ...

I said on a previous post how insular AFLTas have made our football. Its a real worry when any organisation looks inwards. Once you think you know it all & ignore the big wide world of opportunity & changing knowledge, you are stuffed.
I wouldnt expect anything else from the quality of people operating at Argyle St. Its all about their security & bugger the consequences.
The big AFL are letting this get out of hand.
WHY?
'Cause they dont care:(

I said on a previous post how insular AFLTas have made our football. Its a real worry when any organisation looks inwards. Once you think you know it all & ignore the big wide world of opportunity & changing knowledge, you are stuffed.
I wouldnt expect anything else from the quality of people operating at Argyle St. Its all about their security & bugger the consequences.
The big AFL are letting this get out of hand.
WHY?
'Cause they dont care:(
Very True Madmug but believe me I know a lot more and the real man in there is Armstrong mate he is best mates with both Spaulding and Bartlett now you can't tell me it's coincidence he has been canvassing for Bartlett for ages My God I think every potential coach will want to coach the Tassie Women's team what a pathway to coaching might apply for that now it's vacant hahaha but believe me over here in Vic we think it's absolutely laughable and you know what they keep getting away with it anyway it's a shit comp and will remain that way for very long time .....

Heard that Charlesworth has signed at the new city team. 30K which includes coaching the Tasmanian u/16 team. Appointed by AFL TAS.

So already there is a conflict of interest by AFLTAS, if they own 50% of 2 southern clubs, how can they recruit players to either team??

You must have heard wrong mate

Terrible News about Cameron Thurley and his accident Hoping for the Best, My thoughts and wishes to his Family, Clarence Football Club and the Tassie Footy Community in this difficult time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Bartlett coaching them or have I missed something? Heard half of Hobart have gone to Kingborough, are you worried about that JM71?
Very true guys ,Trent Bartlett will coach the new Hobart Side thanks to Matthew Armstrong canvassing very hard for his mate and let me tell ya he also canvassed very hard to get Spaulding involved the old Devils boys getting together to help secure futures for there mates I just hope the players are smart enough to go elsewhere rather than pigeon hole themselves into the 50/50 situation with AFL Tas because they don't want to be seen buying big players or the other teams will cry foul but anyway it's been a debacle from the start there are blokes who never even got interviewed or even talked to who sent in applications SHAME SHAME I think that's how arrogant Barnes is and lastly they may as well call it North Hobart with the backing of AFL Tas because that's all it is F--k AFL Tas for clearly destroying our footy right before our eyes and yet know will do anything to stop it maybe if everyone boycotted the games they may listen I doubt it .....

Very true guys ,

F--k AFL Tas for clearly destroying our footy right before our eyes and yet know will do anything to stop it maybe if everyone boycotted the games they may listen I doubt it .....

And People wonder why our football is in such a poor state. The management is just a jobs for the boys outfit. Totally insular & isolated from the real world. In years to come people will point fingers & ask 'why did the AFL allow this to go on?'
Again I say, they just dont care. Trouble is that they will be forced to wear the consequences, or spend money sweeping it under the carpet.
I dont think the politicians who say they will investigate things will have the nubs to really 'Wade' into the cesspit that our game has become.
Sorry, as AFLTas said, they own it now, I forgot!

(Pun intended;))

Isn't Bartlett coaching them or have I missed something? Heard half of Hobart have gone to Kingborough, are you worried about that JM71?
Probably, but they haven't announced the appointment yet so I assume he isn't talking to players yet.

Some HFC players probably will, but I am not too concerned about that (will be disappointing, but not surprising).
I am very hopeful that Hobart will have a strong side on the park next year though.

Found this article in the local Kingborough and Huon news, Q and A with Adam Henley the Kingborough coach talking sbout the new TSL side.

scroll down to page 21

http://www.kingboroughchronicle.com.au/images/15-10-13use.pdf

Obviously he was banking on having Jones and De Groot come back, I would say they are really going to struggle in the first two or three years. You only need to look at Lauderdale when they first entered the premier league in 2004, they got smashed by 20 goals on a regular basis and they actually had a few older experienced players who had previously played at that level playing for them. The TSL is gonna be even harder than what that was with the travel involved and standard of competition even better. if they were to win a game next year I would be very suprised.

Found this article in the local Kingborough and Huon news, Q and A with Adam Henley the Kingborough coach talking sbout the new TSL side.

scroll down to page 21

http://www.kingboroughchronicle.com.au/images/15-10-13use.pdf

Interesting Article at this early stage player retention dose not sound good if you go by your postings in the Southern Football League thread where "only 4 players so far have committed to the new state wide team"

Henley then in the Article bags the former Kingston players for not coming back from their existing Clubs burnt his bridges there. Be interested how many players from the Huon Clubs will want to have a go at SWL especially with the IMO poor branding of the new Club (Basically Kingbourgh) I would expect they have their work cut out for them the “Tigers” getting Huon players come up to the Twin Ovals, maybe over time this will change I expect a torrid couple of years.

Interesting Article at this early stage player retention dose not sound good if you go by your postings in the Southern Football League thread where "only 4 players so far have committed to the new state wide team"

Henley then in the Article bags the former Kingston players for not coming back from their existing Clubs burnt his bridges there. Be interested how many players from the Huon Clubs will want to have a go at SWL especially with the IMO poor branding of the new Club (Basically Kingbourgh) I would expect they have their work cut out for them the “Tigers” getting Huon players come up to the Twin Ovals, maybe over time this will change I expect a torrid couple of years.

Doubt he would be happy about Halton from Cygnet signing with Lauderdale either.

Jock McGregor is the man to take the NHFC into the new future as the HCFC. No colours, no nick name, no history. What with the mess at Devonport, difficulties at Kingston, still working through new team Prospect, AFL Wade hasnt had time to tell the new board what to do.
But its all in good hands, Shaun Young said so.:(

Totally agree, granted there is going to be a lot of good players under 20 but that wont help when coming up against teams that are stronger, fitter and more experienced. Going to really struggle for the next couple of years. They need to target players like Jones DeGroot Halton and Garth to join, but you carnt blame them for going or staying at clubs that are in contention to win a flag.

Why would he be unhappy with that? Ben is free to sign with any club he wants regardless of where he's from. Henley would know and respect that.

Isn't that the whole idea of the team? so players from that whole area play for them? Actually not free either, clubs have to pay a fee if they are signing a player in another clubs zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back