Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
The other more pertinent question is how do we get rid of Wade and all the other hacks over at AFL Tas? Who are they responsible too? Who appoints them?
Responsible to nobody. Wade seems to be single handedly destroying Tasmanian football. I doubt I've ever seen a man who is more hated by 100% of stakeholders in an industry.

I maybe crowing early. But Hobart have been told unofficially they will get the licence. Be based out of the old Devils changerooms and be called Hobart City. They will wear something similar to the GWS strip (awesome). What will the other two clubs do now, Dosa and the dees if worksite gossip is correct?

I too have heard that Hobart have sold out their heritage & will lose the Tiger & become something else. We know they have money in the bank but is that anyway to operate?
Whose next?
Devonport=Mersey mutton birds? Clarence=Cambridge wood ducks, Lauderdale= Rokeby reds :)D), Glenorchy= Derwent wombats. South Launy= Who GAFs!

this is a complete and utter f*cking shambles. No wonder Tassie is the laughing stock across the country and people like hamish Ogilvie come out and say things like jaye bowden is just a dime a dozen when compared to mature age guys in vic, SA and WA. Ive never seen a bigger dicatatorship being run like Wade and his buddies are doing. Pulling the strings with the AFL looking over and no accountability or understanding. The only way ANYTHING will EVER change is if the clubs band together and stick it to Wade. everyone hears the rumours of what is happening behind closed doors and what is said here or there, but the clubs never unite or come forward with hard proof on what wade is doing. Apparently he rang and tore shreds off George Shea when SBJFC announced their alignment with NH. Wade is a f*cking bully who is making underhand deals and unless the clubs come forward and put it in public light it will continue.

this is a complete and utter f*cking shambles. No wonder Tassie is the laughing stock across the country and people like hamish Ogilvie come out and say things like jaye bowden is just a dime a dozen when compared to mature age guys in vic, SA and WA. Ive never seen a bigger dicatatorship being run like Wade and his buddies are doing. Pulling the strings with the AFL looking over and no accountability or understanding. The only way ANYTHING will EVER change is if the clubs band together and stick it to Wade. everyone hears the rumours of what is happening behind closed doors and what is said here or there, but the clubs never unite or come forward with hard proof on what wade is doing. Apparently he rang and tore shreds off George Shea when SBJFC announced their alignment with NH. Wade is a f*cking bully who is making underhand deals and unless the clubs come forward and put it in public light it will continue.
I agree SDog, he does employ bully tactics, you can hear him ranting all the time if you get into Nth Hobart. I can also confirm that he did make the phone call you mentioned, this came from within the SBJFC, how is he allowed to do this by the board? Surely Dom Baker is not this stupid, he seems to be a reasonable person, I think that the board should be sent emails and phone calls informing them of the tactics employed by Wade, Young and some faceless others. I was told last season that at a forum of TSL stakeholders last year the room was broken into small groups and the then Hobart coach sat down and Young was in his group, the very first words from Young's mouth were "how do we get rid of the HFC", now AFL Tas staff are going around town telling anyone who cares to listen that Nth have got the licence in the bag, divide and conquer all over again

I agree SDog, he does employ bully tactics, you can hear him ranting all the time if you get into Nth Hobart. I can also confirm that he did make the phone call you mentioned, this came from within the SBJFC, how is he allowed to do this by the board? Surely Dom Baker is not this stupid, he seems to be a reasonable person, I think that the board should be sent emails and phone calls informing them of the tactics employed by Wade, Young and some faceless others. I was told last season that at a forum of TSL stakeholders last year the room was broken into small groups and the then Hobart coach sat down and Young was in his group, the very first words from Young's mouth were "how do we get rid of the HFC", now AFL Tas staff are going around town telling anyone who cares to listen that Nth have got the licence in the bag, divide and conquer all over again

Wrong way round! Wade and China saying Hobart is in 'their bag' (along with all HFC $) and North Hobart are out (for whatever reasons you care to invent). If Hobart have swallowed the bait they better be careful with their investment cause you need lotta cash to run a club properly.......
A well known bully too, but its clearly beyond the pale to abuse a decent, dedicated leader of a community junior footy club.

Wrong way round! Wade and China saying Hobart is in 'their bag' (along with all HFC $) and North Hobart are out (for whatever reasons you care to invent). If Hobart have swallowed the bait they better be careful with their investment cause you need lotta cash to run a club properly.......
A well known bully too, but its clearly beyond the pale to abuse a decent, dedicated leader of a community junior footy club.
Great to read the comments in todays paper from some vocal footy fans re afl tas farcical handling of the new innercity license agreement. it's a pity the Mercury can't report the real feelings of the average punter instead of softc..k fluff pieces like James Bresnehan wrote in yesterdays paper. What is Wadey & co rewarding them with for that propaganda rubbish?

Great to read the comments in todays paper from some vocal footy fans re afl tas farcical handling of the new innercity license agreement. it's a pity the Mercury can't report the real feelings of the average punter instead of softc..k fluff pieces like James Bresnehan wrote in yesterdays paper. What is Wadey & co rewarding them with for that propaganda rubbish?

Geez, you are a bit hard!! Bresnehan put two articles in which brought this to the public eye. His article yesterday was to put AFLTas point of view. Its up to the public & footy punters to jump into AFLTas about this disgrace.
One thing is clear, the whole 'selection process' is a farce. If Hobart have sold their soul to stay in the competition, footy supporters will point the finger at them. They could well suffer for it. Other clubs will see them as Wadey's puppy.
As for Wadey getting stuck into the SBJFC over siding with NH, thats a disgrace on its own. They can see one club provides a strong development program, the other doesnt have one.
Also how does Hobart think it can just waltz down to NH Oval & turf DOSA out? They have a contract.
When do they apply the same rule of one club license per city to Clarence & Lauderdale, also SL & NL? Or is it just another off the cuff decision based on old mates wink & nudge ( Wadey played at Hobart & drinks at Lauderdale!!!)

Geez, you are a bit hard!! Bresnehan put two articles in which brought this to the public eye. His article yesterday was to put AFLTas point of view. Its up to the public & footy punters to jump into AFLTas about this disgrace.
One thing is clear, the whole 'selection process' is a farce. If Hobart have sold their soul to stay in the competition, footy supporters will point the finger at them. They could well suffer for it. Other clubs will see them as Wadey's puppy.
As for Wadey getting stuck into the SBJFC over siding with NH, thats a disgrace on its own. They can see one club provides a strong development program, the other doesnt have one.
Also how does Hobart think it can just waltz down to NH Oval & turf DOSA out? They have a contract.
When do they apply the same rule of one club license per city to Clarence & Lauderdale, also SL & NL? Or is it just another off the cuff decision based on old mates wink & nudge ( Wadey played at Hobart & drinks at Lauderdale!!!)

Yeah fair enough mate, It's just that any journo' should get both sides of a story. I did'nt see any reply to any of Wade's comments. If no comment was made that should have been said in the story. I'm getting really frustrated with that little Hitler up at Argyle st & probably starting to take it out on others. By the way I'm not anti bresnehan i know he's done some good stuff on the issue previously, just was'nt impressed with yesterdays story. Win or Southern X, not sure which one. had a good story on last night from a North Hobart perspective, but they did give AFL Tas right of reply even though it was only Wade's little puppet Shaun Young.

yes sorry Hob not Nth

yes sorry Hob not Nth
and have heard that Nth Hobart think the decision has already been made and they are on the outer, can hardly see that the decision has been made yet, surely that would not be following " best practise" as Wade states AFL Tas follow. In my years watching footy from the periphery and being involved in business I have never seen anything that could be construed as "best practise" from AFL Tas. I actually remember a story a couple of years ago where Povey turned up to Hobart training and pulled Howe and Young off the track and told them they could not under any circumstances train with Hobart and they had to go to Lauderdale, apparently Howe told him to f#$k off and continued to train. Look where Howe is now? and where is Povey? nothing against Lauderdale however Howe was coached well and from what I was told learnt a hell of a lot from Spaulding and Fox, he did the work, got fit, changed his attitude and was drafted, would this have hapened with Lauderdale, I don't believe so mainly because of 2 things, he didn't want to be there and also the system in place at Hobart and the experience in the coaching staff was invaluable. These types of bully tactics may well mean the next Howe, Burbury, Hall etc will just play lower level footy and never be drafted or get the chance. Last 2 years it was Hobart in the gun, now its Nth Hobart, hey Roos and Lauderdale, you guys are next, trust me, afterall Wade has said 1 club per city

and have heard that Nth Hobart think the decision has already been made and they are on the outer, can hardly see that the decision has been made yet, surely that would not be following " best practise" as Wade states AFL Tas follow. In my years watching footy from the periphery and being involved in business I have never seen anything that could be construed as "best practise" from AFL Tas. I actually remember a story a couple of years ago where Povey turned up to Hobart training and pulled Howe and Young off the track and told them they could not under any circumstances train with Hobart and they had to go to Lauderdale, apparently Howe told him to f#$k off and continued to train. Look where Howe is now? and where is Povey? nothing against Lauderdale however Howe was coached well and from what I was told learnt a hell of a lot from Spaulding and Fox, he did the work, got fit, changed his attitude and was drafted, would this have hapened with Lauderdale, I don't believe so mainly because of 2 things, he didn't want to be there and also the system in place at Hobart and the experience in the coaching staff was invaluable. These types of bully tactics may well mean the next Howe, Burbury, Hall etc will just play lower level footy and never be drafted or get the chance. Last 2 years it was Hobart in the gun, now its Nth Hobart, hey Roos and Lauderdale, you guys are next, trust me, afterall Wade has said 1 club per city

I'm not sure Howe would have been worse of at Lauderdale but it was his choice to make, & he did!!
It just shows that with the Howe thing plus the heap of Kingston lads cleared to Clarence ( Hobart Zone) & a heap to NH this year, that Hobart were in the gun to be sliced off the TSL. Its funny how things change so quick. All this flip flopping sounds more like opportunism rather than a TSL plan from Argyle st.
If they have a real plan then why cant the footy public see it?
The only plan I can see is for AFL Tas to have total power & control but accept no responsibility for any failures.

I wonder if wade will following his master plan for the new tsl side like he did with the state team - all under 23 with some "experienced" players. Cause that worked so well for him last time....

[quote="madmug, post: 24977258, member: 76371
If they have a real plan then why cant the footy public see it?
The only plan I can see is for AFL Tas to have total power & control but accept no responsibility for any failures.[/quote]

Brillantly said, if they ( AFLTas) want the football community to embrace these changes, then SHOW US the plans, we are feed crap after crap and EVERYBODY is sick of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned earlier by MooseOnTheLoose the State Wide Leagues clubs really stuffed up by not going ahead with the Club collective headed by Paul Lennon. If the rumours are true and North Hobart get the boot That decision to walk away from the collective will come back to Bight “Hollywood”Perry on the Bum Big Time.
The entire SWL clubs should form a body to fight Wade and get the AFL to flush Wade away for good, This is the only way I see the Power being restored to the clubs and not some Lunch Box megalomaniac that changes the goalpost every twelve months and who's CV is full of FAILURE.

Some great points raised by Paul Curtin made a lot of sense...sadly common sense is missing from AFL Tasmania.

Paul is not a silly man and knows what he is talking about!

I read today a current AFL player stating "how can AFL Tas take away so much history from the North Hobart FC"? Surely if anyone is taking away the history it will be them? Meaning they must have known conditions of the license is that you may have your name and jumper changed etc etc
Inevitably leaving the decision with the clubs themselves whether to persue it or not. If both clubs have the pride in their jumpers and history as they say, then surely both would tell AFL tas to stick it and join the SFL? Now if they chose to go down this path, then where would an inner city side by located. AFL tas don't own NH, or do they? I believe NHFC rent the club rooms off the council, and DOSA rent the club rooms down the other end off the council, both book the ground for training nights. So i ask again, if they went down this path, where would AFL Tas stand on this matter? They then would have to start two completely new clubs, and one would be looking for a ground and club house.

Paul is not a silly man and knows what he is talking about!

I read today a current AFL player stating "how can AFL Tas take away so much history from the North Hobart FC"? Surely if anyone is taking away the history it will be them? Meaning they must have known conditions of the license is that you may have your name and jumper changed etc etc
Inevitably leaving the decision with the clubs themselves whether to persue it or not. If both clubs have the pride in their jumpers and history as they say, then surely both would tell AFL tas to stick it and join the SFL? Now if they chose to go down this path, then where would an inner city side by located. AFL tas don't own NH, or do they? I believe NHFC rent the club rooms off the council, and DOSA rent the club rooms down the other end off the council, both book the ground for training nights. So i ask again, if they went down this path, where would AFL Tas stand on this matter? They then would have to start two completely new clubs, and one would be looking for a ground and club house.

If both North and Hobart went back to the SFL and AFL TAS developed a new inner city club? this would be the worst outcome for our club.

In what way though, do AFL Tas have the power to have Dosa removed from that end of the ground. I thought their leasing of the premises was through the HCC who own the venue? Correct me if i'm wrong as i'm not sure?

In what way though, do AFL Tas have the power to have Dosa removed from that end of the ground. I thought their leasing of the premises was through the HCC who own the venue? Correct me if i'm wrong as i'm not sure?

I am a little reluctant to say too much regarding our clubs dealings with the HCC in case it is misinterpreted.
I will say that we have a really good relationship with the Council and we are a valued tenant.

The soon as all this mess is cleaned up the better. Good luck to both clubs with thier submissions.

Was speaking to my uncle who is a life member of Kingborough, he was saying that he and serveral of the old players and life members have recieved no information from the club or AFL tas about going into the new competition, Granted AFL TAS want Kingborough to go, but I dont think the members, current players and past players of Kingborough want anything to do with the statewide comp.

So with all this talk about losing one of the city sides, what happens if the members of Kingborough vote not to go in??? If I was either of those 2 clubs, I would do everything in my power to contuine with colours, jumpers etc etc, cause im not so certain that Kingborough will be there. Then what happens????

Was speaking to my uncle who is a life member of Kingborough, he was saying that he and serveral of the old players and life members have recieved no information from the club or AFL tas about going into the new competition, Granted AFL TAS want Kingborough to go, but I dont think the members, current players and past players of Kingborough want anything to do with the statewide comp.

So with all this talk about losing one of the city sides, what happens if the members of Kingborough vote not to go in??? If I was either of those 2 clubs, I would do everything in my power to contuine with colours, jumpers etc etc, cause im not so certain that Kingborough will be there. Then what happens????

Its all confusion & turmoil. Clubs are trying to survive & deal with continual pressure & change from AFL Tas. Thats just how AFL Tas like it. Divide & conquer, thats the managment style. Some clubs have been looked after & some stabbed in the back. All for what? What will be better? Will the local game be better? Will the clubs or what replaces them, be better supported? What is the plan?
If this keeps up I will walk away from the local game.

If Hobart FC get the nod from AFL, it would appear they are in essence a new club as per the latest AFL Tasmania directive.

Surely the constitution of the HFC would need to be significantly altered to allow any access to their reported $600,00 (from the sale of the Brisbane Hotel) warchest.

It raises some intersting discussion points as to who actually has the final say on this matter.

Do AFL Tasmania have the resources to successfully start up 2 new clubs in 2013?

Even the AFL with all their resources didn't start up the Suns and Giants in the same year.

It scares me that AFL Tasmania believe they can successfully implement all the requirements that a club need to be able to operate, in such a short time frame.

Some of the issues that would need to be addressed are:

1. Home ground and training venue.
2. Players to fill seniors/colts/U/18's
3. Coaches/trainers/administrators/volunteers.
4. Sponsors.
5. Club image (jumpers, song, etc).
6. Commence pre-season in November.
7. Supporters.
8. Financial matters (income, budget,etc)

The consequences of getting it wrong are horrific and could further destroy the image of our premier football league.

The consequences of getting it wrong are horrific and could further destroy the image of our premier football league.

That went out years ago!!!

There is no premier football league anymore, were are the ex AFL players coming over and coaching, were are the stars of Tasmanian football representing the state???

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back