Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't think you can knock Jordon too much, he was very consistent for a second year player. Not his fault he was asked to play wing which clearly isn't a role that suits his attributes.

Hopefully he goes to a new level next year like Angus did when moved to more suitable position.

I reckon that's rubbish on Jordan, wasn't anything special to start the year but really didn't think he dropped off much at all. You know what you get with him

He hurt his knee early on in a game, I don't remember which, maybe North at Marvel? He came back on but after that point I feel like he regressed in one particularly way - his kicking. Earlier on in the year he was taking safe options and hitting up targets. After his injury, he started booting the ball as hard as he could again like last year. Hopefully just a confidence thing.

Don't think you can knock Jordon too much, he was very consistent for a second year player. Not his fault he was asked to play wing which clearly isn't a role that suits his attributes.

Hopefully he goes to a new level next year like Angus did when moved to more suitable position.

He was actually in his 4th year this year but agree he was a bit harshly treated at times.

What I loved about JJ in 2021 was he averaged nearly 4 tackles a game and especially early on in the year he put out some crazy tackle numbers averaging nearly 7 tackles a game across the first 11 games.

His tackling dropped down to 2 a game in 2022 playing on the wing. I'm not sure if his disposal/decision making skills are good enough for him to be playing on the outside so much. As mentioned above, so often this year when he'd get it on the members wing he'd just kick long to nothing when we had decent 1v1s in space in front of the ball.

He works really hard and is a good tackler, I think he can be a decent role player.

If every club does a review like Hawthorn's and someone leaks the worst bits to the media then every club will be in trouble. Things that were accepted 10-15 years ago are not considered acceptable now and a large part of western culture now is to dig those things out and try and ruin people over them.
10-15 years ago? Dig things out and hold them accountable you mean? Sorry for not accepting racism in 2007.

I guess according to people like you it’s ‘woke’.

Grimesy's onto it
Approve South Park GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rising Star awards all our winner’s have left at some point?. Hope we never win another one. Rivers, Hogan, Jackson. Is that all we have won?

Rising Star awards all our winner’s have left at some point?. Hope we never win another one. Rivers, Hogan, Jackson. Is that all we have won?

The whole award is a semi-curse. Since Mitchell won it in 2003 there’s probably only been 4 go on to have top line careers, and that’s including Mills and Walsh who are still relatively early in their careers.

As a break from all the trade melting, I was poking around in my old stuff last night and found these 2 gems, must have been so desperate for Dee's success I kept them.

demons_aflx.jpg
demins_aflx2.jpg

After this trade week I think we have the potential for a better season next year.

Everyone has a longer offseason and can recover.

I will back one of Tmac or Brown to come back and play a role.

Grundy covers Jackson (in the very short term)

Schache covers Weid (depth)

Hunter can play wing

Bowey replaces Hunt

3 first rounders, one this year

JVR, Laurie

Every other team has also generally improved themselves though

After this trade week I think we have the potential for a better season next year.

Everyone has a longer offseason and can recover.

I will back one of Tmac or Brown to come back and play a role.

Grundy covers Jackson (in the very short term)

Schache covers Weid (depth)

Hunter can play wing

Bowey replaces Hunt

3 first rounders, one this year

JVR, Laurie

Every other team has also generally improved themselves though
Need more changes to coaching than personnel, but it’s a good start. Hopefully Grundy gives us more dominance at clearance in terms of actually being able to come out the front and play fast from stoppage rather than Gawn’s dinky taps. A lot to be learned from the way Collingwood played this year and the way we played in the last five minutes of the SF, also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back