No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh WOW how generous Andrew 😡

Only 500 extra GF Tickets for each competing Club, up from 17K to 17.5K

What a joke!

AFL CEO Andrew Dillon has today announced 1,000 more tickets will be allocated to competing club members for the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

The increase takes competing club members allocation to 35,000 (17,500 each club), with the extra 1,000 member tickets in 2024 coming from AFL corporate and premium hospitality allocations.

If he's good at it, then why not?

Could bounce around every 5-6 years to help a club kickstarting a rebuild.

A freelance list rebuilder, if you will.

I don't think the Aints need a full on rebuild but they do need to decide what their age group is and recruit for that.

The trap they fell into was getting all these recruits in from a variety of ages and some have dropped off bigtime after only a couple of years.

They still need to cut quite heavily but not like when SOS came to Carlton. The list was on the bottom with a maxed out salary cap.

I think SOS will look at Max King as the top of their window and anyone who is older than him will be lucky to survive the chop if they're not clearly best 10 or 15. Any incoming players will be 24 or younger.

The Zak Jones, Crouch, Ross, Clark, Howard, Cordy, Webster types will go to clear cap space and build a list profile that could actually challenge for a premiership in 3+ years time.

I.e. the fundamentals for winning a premiership - the stuff the bombres refuse to do.

I don't think the Aints need a full on rebuild but they do need to decide what their age group is and recruit for that.

The trap they fell into was getting all these recruits in from a variety of ages and some have dropped off bigtime after only a couple of years.

They still need to cut quite heavily but not like when SOS came to Carlton. The list was on the bottom with a maxed out salary cap.

I think SOS will look at Max King as the top of their window and anyone who is older than him will be lucky to survive the chop if they're not clearly best 10 or 15. Any incoming players will be 24 or younger.

The Zak Jones, Crouch, Ross, Clark, Howard, Cordy, Webster types will go to clear cap space and build a list profile that could actually challenge for a premiership in 3+ years time.

I.e. the fundamentals for winning a premiership - the stuff the bombres refuse to do.

Saints are further from a premiership than North in fact from top 8 to be honest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure about that. They just re-signed the 31 year old Brad Hill for another 3 years..I'm not sure that they like their list but nobody of any note wants to go there so they end up with your Carlisle, Hannebury and Zac Jones types.

uh-oh.....Dean Cox has informed WCE he won't be applying.

Not sure about that. They just re-signed the 31 year old Brad Hill for another 3 years..I'm not sure that they like their list but nobody of any note wants to go there so they end up with your Carlisle, Hannebury and Zac Jones types.
Brad Hill could play until his late 30s - absolute athletic beast who has never seen a contested possession.
Agree no-one will want to go there - to think if Sayers got his way and Lyon was coaching us. That’s a Trump-like bullet dodged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are further from a premiership than North in fact from top 8 to be honest

Norths list will be scary good in 2-3 seasons if they continue on their trajectory and don't stuff up trades/recruits. Saints since Lyons first stint just have maintained that middle of the road status, made some poor recruitment decisions (why you would not have picked Petracca at 1 is mind blowing) and some interesting trades.

uh-oh.....Dean Cox has informed WCE he won't be applying.

Maybe next in line under John !

Brad Hill is still one of their 5 or 6 best players even though he's dropped off. They won't want to bottom out.

My guess is a fair chunk of those older than 25 who are just making up the numbers will be delisted / traded. Could be wrong though.

Norths list will be scary good in 2-3 seasons if they continue on their trajectory and don't stuff up trades/recruits. Saints since Lyons first stint just have maintained that middle of the road status, made some poor recruitment decisions (why you would not have picked Petracca at 1 is mind blowing) and some interesting trades.

McCartin instead of Petracca and Billings over the Bont is how to destroy a rebuild and the resolve of long suffering supporters.

I think they could be active moving players for picks because their midfield needs some quality and there’s lots in this draft.

They have some decent senior players but aside from Wilkie (and maybe Sinclair) nobody else matches our needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back