No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I got one for you, ofcourse everyone is entitled to there own opinion, no right or wrong answer, be as bias as you like. Breust or Broost as BT calls him kicked 6 today, so did Kosy Pickett.
Would you take Breust's career to date or Kosy Pickett's future career??

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just looking at the ladder, and where draft picks fall.

Reckon it could yet go something like this by the end of the year, with Essendon having 3 winnable games coming up.

Lions Ashcroft
North Wardlaw
West Coast Hewett
Crows Phillipou
Giants Tsatas
Hawks Sheezel

Don't think Giants would take Sheezel, when he's such a high risk of wanting to return to us in 2 years time being a massive Hawk fan, and us being so interested in him.

Don't think Giants would take Sheezel, when he's such a high risk of wanting to return to us in 2 years time being a massive Hawk fan, and us being so interested in him.

Unfortunately didn’t help in bringing Whitfield home - GWS might like their chances.

Ok guys I got one for you, ofcourse everyone is entitled to there own opinion, no right or wrong answer, be as bias as you like. Breust or Broost as BT calls him kicked 6 today, so did Kosy Pickett.
Would you take Breust's career to date or Kosy Pickett's future career??

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Punky

Unfortunately didn’t help in bringing Whitfield home - GWS might like their chances.
Post-COVID GWS won't get quite the same helping hand in retaining players. With the cuts to budgets all over the place, the other clubs would riot.

Brishawk yeah Geelong's finals failings will continue to be the elephant in the room for them until they fix it. I think as things stand they set up so well defensively behind the footy and everyone seems to know their role in that side down to a T. I get the feeling this season they won't beat themselves come finals, but also I do think Melbourne have a higher ceiling. For me it'll come down to if Melbourne make it happen in finals, if not I'll say Geelong win it with Sydney as a smokey.

Reckon footy pundits are letting the Eagles off way too easy this year. All the talk about their plight and the issues they've faced, that was early season. They've had Redden, Darling, Hurn, Barrass, Kelly, Kennedy, Gaff, Shey, Cripps, Ryan, McGovern, Rioli all play 10 games or more. A side with this many good players, premiership players, AA level players should be able to avoid 100 point losses and finishing the season with a % close to 50. Our team on the weekend was about 40 games less experienced on average, and considerably younger.

They're in a really troubling position. They gave up the world for Kelly, and they're staring down the barrel of a season where Kennedy and Hurn are gone, and players like McGovern, Naitanui and Shuey have left their best years behind them. The real worry is looking down their list, it's just hard to see anyone outside of Oscar Allen that could be a genuine star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so, but I think Sheezel looks like he’s been a Hawk fanatic since he was a kid thanks to those pics we’ve all seen, whereas all we know of Whitfields love of Hawthorn was what people hyped up on here regarding his family.

May also help that there seems to be some rumors being spread that Sheezel doesn’t want to leave Melbourne?

Maybe so, but I think Sheezel looks like he’s been a Hawk fanatic since he was a kid thanks to those pics we’ve all seen, whereas all we know of Whitfields love of Hawthorn was what people hyped up on here regarding his family.

May also help that there seems to be some rumors being spread that Sheezel doesn’t want to leave Melbourne?
& the footage of him going off (behind the goals I think) in 2008? Gf

Reckon footy pundits are letting the Eagles off way too easy this year. All the talk about their plight and the issues they've faced, that was early season. They've had Redden, Darling, Hurn, Barrass, Kelly, Kennedy, Gaff, Shey, Cripps, Ryan, McGovern, Rioli all play 10 games or more. A side with this many good players, premiership players, AA level players should be able to avoid 100 point losses and finishing the season with a % close to 50. Our team on the weekend was about 40 games less experienced on average, and considerably younger.

They're in a really troubling position. They gave up the world for Kelly, and they're staring down the barrel of a season where Kennedy and Hurn are gone, and players like McGovern, Naitanui and Shuey have left their best years behind them. The real worry is looking down their list, it's just hard to see anyone outside of Oscar Allen that could be a genuine star.
It was strange hearing ABC commentary talk about how covid and injuries got in the way of them developing a new gameplan so they have reverted to an old plan that is no longer working. It's like they are the only team that had to manage their way through covid and deal with injuries.

And if they only realised they need a more modern gameplan in Feb this year then they have no one to blame but themselves. Was very strange indeed.

It was strange hearing ABC commentary talk about how covid and injuries got in the way of them developing a new gameplan so they have reverted to an old plan that is no longer working. It's like they are the only team that had to manage their way through covid and deal with injuries.

And if they only realised they need a more modern gameplan in Feb this year then they have no one to blame but themselves. Was very strange indeed.
While I agree with Rogie & let me also put it out there that Eagles are in a similar league to essendone in my dislike stakes, Covid hit them early in the season to the point where I almost, not quite but almost felt sorry for them.
They’ve used something like 46 different players this season.
Some are nowhere near AFL standard & never will be. They are wafl players at best

I pray that they are down for a long long time but unfortunately they are very well run & I fear they’ll be back before we know it.

While I agree with Rogie & let me also put it out there that Eagles are in a similar league to essendone in my dislike stakes, Covid hit them early in the season to the point where I almost, not quite but almost felt sorry for them.
Some are nowhere near AFL standard & never will be. They are wafl players at best

I pray that they are down for a long long time but unfortunately they are very well run & I fear they’ll be back before we know it.
I have no sympathy. There are two teams in this town and yet only one of them copped a whack from COVID - says a lot about the protocols they had in place and their inability to tighten them when it started going south

Don’t think Darling helped either - practically walked back in to the side. What message does that send

That was then followed up by young blokes hitting up night clubs during the middle of WA’s main COVID outbreak and while they were getting smashed in games - total lack of respect for the club

Yes they got hit with some big injuries to important players but that happens to clubs every year. They just failed to come together and work as a team - lot of individuals out there.

Think they also have the Hawks old problem - they continued to play all the old blokes so when they had to bring in youth, it was all at the same time and they had no clue how to play the eagles way and got smashed by hardened bodies and the injury list grew

They get so many hall passes from the media in this town and they just continue to drink their own bath water

Think next year will be even tougher - was told by a supporter yesterday that Hurn is going on so of all the old blokes, they are only losing Kennedy - it’s going to be dads army

Similar position that we were in a few years back - gave up the farm for Tim Kelly looking to pinch another flag. They’re probably looking at a more severe cliff than us given they have less youth coming through.

Eagles are pretty good at bouncing back from a down year or two, but I can’t see it happening this time. I haven’t watched them much this year but was thinking they had a couple of underrated players coming through but far out it didn’t look like it yesterday.

If I were them I’d keep Simpson for a few seasons yet to stockpile draft picks/talent and then get the coach of the future once the worst of the rebuild is over.

Agree. Can’t overlook that they have had to play a record number of guys this year. It’s not only that some of those WAFL battlers are nowhere near AFL standard but also the complete lack of continuity in having to chop and change the team constantly with guys who don’t know the system, game plan etc.

Brishawk yeah Geelong's finals failings will continue to be the elephant in the room for them until they fix it. I think as things stand they set up so well defensively behind the footy and everyone seems to know their role in that side down to a T. I get the feeling this season they won't beat themselves come finals, but also I do think Melbourne have a higher ceiling. For me it'll come down to if Melbourne make it happen in finals, if not I'll say Geelong win it with Sydney as a smokey.
Things would have to go horribly wrong for them not to make a preliminary final. Once you are there, you are two good games away from being premiers so totally doable. I’m just not ready to dismiss their awful record in finals just yet 😉

Things would have to go horribly wrong for them not to make a preliminary final. Once you are there, you are two good games away from being premiers so totally doable. I’m just not ready to dismiss their awful record in finals just yet 😉
Geelong have Port - Dogs - Saints - GC - WCE

They are going to arrive to finals looking like world beaters again - having not played a decent opponent for over a month.

They will finish top - they will not have another gear to go to - and they will lose - as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back