Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand what you mean. But I fully disagree.. Mullin at the moment doesn't bring anything positive as a player.. yes he has potential,, but the guy should get a full run in the VFL.. he hasn't even player 24 months of footy.. and thats any kind of footy.. I wish him all the best but Mullin needs to develop in the VFL to gets some full lengths and miles in his legs
This goes back to the discussion we're having in the VFL thread though.

You look at that side, and our treatment of players over the journey, and you have to wonder how much development they're really getting playing there?

You can get it if it's Conway, SDK, COS, & Knevitt, where it's purely a question of size and/or endurance.

With our players who are ready to contribute physically though, we tend to prefer them being thrown in the deep end.

MOC was as raw as a blue steak before probably 2019, but it didn't stop us from getting him as many games as reasonably possible before then.

On balance the ins better the outs. Conway and Blitz will do ok.

Scott said in his presser they want to get Neale in. Bring it, but after 3 snags and a good game this week IMO he may have been given a rocket.

Along the lines of "you've got the body, you've got the skills, you've got the attitude, now you need to rack up some consistent performances".

He has all the goods and he just needs to convince selectors he is a keeper.

Very harsh on mannagh i assume its load management more than anything and he will be straight back in on sat in adel. We probably also wanted a run into bowes.

Other than that straightforward changes.
Looking forward to seeing conway.

I doubt parfitt atkins bruhn and bowes all in the same midfield is viable (they are all too similar). But this is a game worth trying it in.

This goes back to the discussion we're having in the VFL thread though.

You look at that side, and our treatment of players over the journey, and you have to wonder how much development they're really getting playing there?

You can get it if it's Conway, SDK, COS, & Knevitt, where it's purely a question of size and/or endurance.

With our players who are ready to contribute physically though, we tend to prefer them being thrown in the deep end.

MOC was a raw as a blue steak before probably 2019, but it didn't stop us from getting him as many games as reasonably possible before then.
And I don't agree with playing players who haven't played much footy in there life like O'Connor and Mullin.. if there was a final tomorrow.. id rather back Mannagh in .. and I'd say 90% Geelong supporters would

Hang on - who are you counting as the seven? I count Blicavs as a midfielder at the moment.

I see six (including Bowes, who will probably be the sub) plus those two you mention could spend time at half back.

5 named in the back six minus Blitz plus O'Connor plus Mullin would be 7

Couldn't we have omitted Shaun yesterday so he could play VFL?

MONDAY, APRIL 1

Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG, 3.20pm AEDT

HAWTHORN

In:
L.Meek, H.Morrison, H.Hustwaite
Out: F.Maginness (omitted), N.Reeves (omitted), J.Gunston (omitted)

Last week's sub: Jack Gunston

GEELONG

In:
T.Conway, M.Duncan, T.Atkins, T.Bruhn, J.Bowes
Out: P.Dangerfield (hamstring), R.Stanley (managed), M.Knevitt (omitted), Z.Tuohy (managed), S.Mannagh (omitted)

Last week's sub: Mitch Knevitt

I doubt they want mannagh to play vfl they want to hold him and tuohy over for the 5 day br eak next week they will probably come in for 2 older guys and we will rotate.

And I don't agree with playing players who haven't played much footy in there life like O'Connor and Mullin.. if there was a final tomorrow.. id rather back Mannagh in .. and I'd say 90% Geelong supporters would
Agree with you a lot Foxy, but it's not a final.

It's a round 3 game against a winless opponent. If there's a time to trial a few things and manage the squad, it's this one.

Either way, I doubt Mannagh nor Mullin are going to be the reason we win or lose this match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley “managed” with a broken hand.

Slick work Geelong.

Hes managed in the sense they would have rested him (given the 2 games in 6 days) whether he was injured or not
But i take your point re our lack of honesty with injuries.

I think Mullin makes more sense for balance than Mannagh. Also Mannagh may be being a little clip for his couple of selfish acts over the last 2 weeks.

Also think managing Stanley is a good move with a 5 day break coming. We will need him a lot more next week against the Bulldogs.

Agree with you a lot Foxy, but it's not a final.

It's a round 3 game against a winless opponent. If there's a time to trial a few things and manage the squad, it's this one.

Either way, I doubt Mannagh nor Mullin are going to be the reason we win or lose this match.
I still love ya Kobe 😎

29 thousand posts and counting.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
...At least he has enough self respect to not spend this beautiful Easter Sunday on a burner account trying to piss off faceless names on a forum.

Run along now mate, you're embarassing yourself. Down some choccies and hang out with the family.

Sure I wouldn’t mind Mullin running riot in the VFL before playing much seniors, but getting AFL games is a good sign that the club rates him highly.

There should be an extreme amount of improvement to be had with him… I look forward to when it all clicks.

I think Mullin makes more sense for balance than Mannagh. Also Mannagh may be being a little clip for his couple of selfish acts over the last 2 weeks.
I'm sorry, but you can't say Mullin is more balance for the team, when his done nothing in any point for playing for Geelong...

Ill say it again, it's not that I don't hate him and have him in the team, we're talking about a guy has only player 18 months of AFL.. get the guy to play 10 straight games in the VFL program so he knows and how to play the game

Stanley “managed” with a broken hand.

Slick work Geelong.

Is there any confirmation of a broken hand for Stanley or is that just speculation?

He was at the family day today, carrying his youngster around - no brace or protection on either hand. Maybe there's bruising, but if it was a break I'd expect to see some sort of protection

1711871848578.png

Sure I wouldn’t mind Mullin running riot in the VFL before playing much seniors, but getting AFL games is a good sign that the club rates him highly.

There should be an extreme amount of improvement to be had with him… I look forward to when it all clicks.
I heard from a Richmond supporter that Uncle Steve has set up a deal with Garnier with Oisin at the forefront of the marketing proposal.

Supposedly, we're playing him solely because he's really handsome and we're trying to conquer the off field market.

It sounds suspicious, but apparently Hocking is affiliated with the Illuminati, so watch this space.

Good call, forgot about the quick turnaround. I’m sure a couple of these team decisions were made with the game next week in mind too.

Squad rotation. Its partly why bowes has come in and parfitt stayed in. I doubt we ever planned for the older guys to play both games with the travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back