GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ryan Coy is going to win the Neville Whitley medal.

Currently on 20 votes with only five or so rounds remaining.

Jackson Macleod in 2nd place on 12

Travis Johns has 11

David Hall has 10, as does Ryan Closter.

i think that sums up exactly how much of a joke the whole thing is

Coy is a ripper of a bloke and a good footballer.

BUT

If he is the best player in the GDFL this season, then i'm Michael Jordan.

Final Results

Winner: Ryan Coy (East Geelong) = 24 votes

Runner Up: Andrew Leak (Winchelsea) = 16 votes

Third Place: Andrew Challis (Winchelsea) = 15 votes

Congrats to Ryan, had a consistent year in what has at times been a poor season from the Eagles.

If you had told me that'd be the top three at the start of the night I would have given you odds of +$1000.

What does everyone think?

Official Team of the Year

Van Ingen, Ling, Richerts
Mathieson, Prymke, Hogarth
Hall, Johns, Lewis
Furtulla, Grgic, Closter
Jovanovic, Breguet, Kitchen

Lovell, Fitzsimmons, Leak

Ryan Coy, Jackson Macleod, Zach Hickleton and Ross Dillon

i have a few question on t.o.t.y. in the paper it said josh hogarth not ged was this a mistake? was ryan coy put in by the league cause they knew he won the medal but was not voted in by the coachs? Ross Dillion was lucky 2 get in he has not had the best of years

Coy is a ripper of a bloke and a good footballer.

BUT

If he is the best player in the GDFL this season, then i'm Michael Jordan.

I agree, good footy player but I don't think he is the best the league has to offer.

Paul Breuget not many votes at all, astonishing?

i have a few question on t.o.t.y. in the paper it said josh hogarth not ged was this a mistake? was ryan coy put in by the league cause they knew he won the medal but was not voted in by the coachs? Ross Dillion was lucky 2 get in he has not had the best of years

It should have been ged hogarth but like the interleague record it had stuffed up the names and put josh hogarth. Coy wasn't selected in toty but was put in on the bench before the night as the head honcho's knew he'd taken home whitley. FACT! He obviously had a good year so good on him I say.

Predictions for this week?

Too close to call W.C v BPH - W.C?
Think East should get over banno.

Bell Post Hill easy

East Geelong by a couple of goals.

seriously, Bell Post Hill is absolutely going to romp it in.

I'm expecting them to win the flag by 40+ points.

Bell Post Hill easy

East Geelong by a couple of goals.

seriously, Bell Post Hill is absolutely going to romp it in.

I'm expecting them to win the flag by 40+ points.

i duno about that.. did you see bph play banncok on the weekend?? they were average at the best of times extremely lucky to get away with the win if you ask me.. will definatly be a bph and wc grand final who wins is any1s guess.. wc for me though in a close one

anyone know where we might find a list of vote getters for the Whitley? nothing on the GDFL website. (suprise suprise)

i duno about that.. did you see bph play banncok on the weekend?? they were average at the best of times extremely lucky to get away with the win if you ask me.. will definatly be a bph and wc grand final who wins is any1s guess.. wc for me though in a close one

If you ask me and i was there, bell post hill played no where near there best and still beat the third best team in the comp by 6 goals +.. Imagine if they had of kicked straight at stages. Weribee V Bell Post Hill will be a cracker and i reckon whoever comes away with a win this week will be the eventual premiers of 2010.

East Geelong would have to be tipped to win this week against Bannockburn, to many classy experienced players. Will be a good game all the less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, just after some info if anyone has the time.

Recently moved down to Geelong and looking for a club/league to join. Not sure about the standard in the various leagues here, is anyone willing to roughly equate the G&DFL 1st, 2nds and 3rds to a VAFA division?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Hey guys, just after some info if anyone has the time.

Recently moved down to Geelong and looking for a club/league to join. Not sure about the standard in the various leagues here, is anyone willing to roughly equate the G&DFL 1st, 2nds and 3rds to a VAFA division?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

GFL the highest then there could be abit of arguments about gdfl and bfl I personelly think there's nothing between those two leagues.

buddah you silly moron bfl is far superior to the scum gdfl

laugh out loud ! cmon, to tell me the top 4 or 5 sides in the gdfl couldnt keep up with the better sides in the bfl has to be a joke! this debate could go on and on but until the leagues meet in an interleague match or something we'd never know

laugh out loud ! cmon, to tell me the top 4 or 5 sides in the gdfl couldnt keep up with the better sides in the bfl has to be a joke! this debate could go on and on but until the leagues meet in an interleague match or something we'd never know

and funnily enough this so called 'superior' bellarine league aren't game enough to take us on! Can't have it both ways guys!

The GDFL beat the BFL about ten years ago when the league was about fifty times worse than it is now.

I think they're scared.

And I like it.:thumbsu:

well bell post hill absolutely embarrassed weribee yesterday and east came home strong today...

my say is BPH vs East Geelong grand final

Huge comeback. They were gone but Skrob going to the middle was huge and turned the game around.

Skroba absolutely dominated the 2nd half of the last quarter, pretty much single handily won the game. Should of been in the guts earlier IMO.
It was one of the great comebacks in recent memory in a final.

Bannockburn had the game wrapped up before they decided to chip it around side ways and backwards, couldn't turn their form back on once East came hard, just goes to show don't flirt with your form.

Bell Post Hill have almost got the flag wrapped up, they would of been happy to see the back of East yesterday however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back