GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how the lions are going with there preseason ? i hear there have been plenty of departures and was just wondering how they will cover the numbers they have lost ? Is Belmont playing any practice matches ?

Reshke did struggle after years of being left to learn his craft on his own as a roar young kid with ability but looked like noone was teaching him football.In the end maybe not a huge loss but was still ok.The club over many years may have failed him.thats my view from an outsiders perspective.Molivas was a young fella oozing class and had an up and down year apparently(i saw a couple of games and was patchy) after winning a best and fairest.still young and needs time and good guidance.I think he was victim to the fact that he was fighting for a spot with the coaches ex hoppers boys.Maybe just maybe this was the case but either way the club should have tried to keep him because at his age the sky is the limit.Im not sure from watching him some days that he even takes it seriously at this stage,so if it clicks he might be one that got away from the centurians.As for Johns,He has played there for a fair few years from memory.maybe ten years?.I, correct me if im wrong but I believe the blokes taking pot shots at him are guys that came to the club last year because everyone you spaek to seems to think the bloke is a good bloke.weather or not he gets a kick,i dont believe a centrals person would be saying such rubbish.Either way the club needs to look at why centrals people Fastuca Carlton Johns etc, have left.East geelong back to back for me.Belmont for the spoon and look forward to watching Muir in a few games this year on a lazy Saturday arvo.Super talent

*Probably a bit harsh on my behalf saying they were no good, your right about reshky and moli probably need a little more time and as for johnsy in the three years ive known him , he was solid. My apologies...:(

*Probably a bit harsh on my behalf saying they were no good, your right about reshky and moli probably need a little more time and as for johnsy in the three years ive known him , he was solid. My apologies...:(
Fair turn around mate.You will be fantastic to be around.one minute your potting blokes with shithouse opinions then your apologising for it.How about you let us know who you really are so we can assess some of your work on the park.No good potting young blokes like moli and co. if your not gonna come out from behind your user name.little bit dodgy one would think.

* hope thats not sunbury lions - winch will get smashed by at least 20gls

INS for werribee, boof, johns, kirta,bunn, bray, lovell, hall, all A grade players and thats just a few....

OUTs molivas, reshk, johns all no good....

Not sure how u can say all of these blokes are no good....Molivas had a down year last year (I'm sure he would even admit that) but is a very good young player who will only get better over the coming years..Reschke is developing all the time and has the potential to be a #1 ruckmen at any club....and Johns has been a very good player for a number of years (including the 2004 premieship year) and a brilliant club man...so, although I know u said it was a bit harsh....I would say don't pot blokes you don't know anything about.

Fair turn around mate.You will be fantastic to be around.one minute your potting blokes with shithouse opinions then your apologising for it.How about you let us know who you really are so we can assess some of your work on the park.No good potting young blokes like moli and co. if your not gonna come out from behind your user name.little bit dodgy one would think.

Dont call me ya mate flog...

Im an observer who had hes time as a player and unfortunatley age caught up...

Dont know who you are and dont realy care, question was asked about ins and outs for every club so i answered....like i said no good was probably the wrong words.....

Bannockburn will miss Justin Bliss, Riccardi and blake.. they dont have any new hard men to replace them, from what i hear they have alot of new kids. what do the banno boys think of their new coach (Ross Dillon)?

Not much talk on here about Bannockburn, but from what i hear all reports are good. i think alot of people are under estimating them. they will miss ricardi drake and bliss who were good but also ageing and slow. As for the new playing co/coach Ross Dillon a former bellpark premiership player and captain & ex geelong vfl listed player will lead his young charges well. Young Jackson O'neil is in amazing shape and will be a force this season, he is returning from grand finalist's last year Hepburn along with ross's two brothers Matt and Pat. They have been getting atleast 30-50 fresh quality youngsters everynight and overall are a much fitter tighter unit.the YELLOW and BLACK could be BACK !!

Not sure how u can say all of these blokes are no good....Molivas had a down year last year (I'm sure he would even admit that) but is a very good young player who will only get better over the coming years..Reschke is developing all the time and has the potential to be a #1 ruckmen at any club....and Johns has been a very good player for a number of years (including the 2004 premieship year) and a brilliant club man...so, although I know u said it was a bit harsh....I would say don't pot blokes you don't know anything about.

defiantly agree with you there johnny cash johns is a great player and has been for a while, and i think he will dominate at werribee amos i think it was he went to. i dont think they will miss reshke all that much though has when i ahve watched him he has 2 many brain explosions and they have coverd him leaving quite well, they will miss molivas though as he was one of the better outside players in the comp.

Bell Post Hill have added Aaron Langsworth and Wade Boywer to their list, as well as a bloke from the Essendon DFL. Anyone know how BPH's preseason has been going
You can throw former VFL player Matt Jovanovic on that list as well.

Do people want to put down their 2010 predictions for the following

Premiers-
Wooden Spooners-
League Medal-
Biggest improver from 09-
Biggest slider from 09-
Most expensive team-
Most underated player-
Most overated player-
Most over paid player-
Most loyal player-
Toughest bloke-
Biggest sook-

There will be a new local footy radio show beginning this Sunday Night from 8-9pm on 94.7 The Pulse known as The Final Siren. The show will feature regular updates from the three local Geelong leagues as well as a wrap of everything happening in the world of AFL and weekly interviews. To join the fan page of Facebook and become involved in the show visit: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Final-Siren/348280554404?ref=ts

Premiers- East Geelong
Wooden Spooners- Belmont Lions
League Medal- Ryan Coy
Biggest improver from 09- Werribee
Biggest slider from 09-Belmont Lions ! Will not get within 100pts of any side..
Most expensive team- East Geelong
Most underated player- Darren Mathieson
Most overated player- Where do we start ! Mark Vetter
Most over paid player- Ricky O'Toole
Most loyal player- Loyal in the GDFL ? HAHAHA
Toughest bloke- Jace Kelly
Biggest sook- Brett Anderton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers- East Geelong agree
Wooden Spooners- Belmont Lions agree
League Medal- Ryan Coy Luke McLean good player and umps love him
Biggest improver from 09- Werribee Winch
Biggest slider from 09-Belmont Lions ! Will not get within 100pts of any side.. Agree
Most expensive team- East Geelong BPH or East
Most underated player- Darren Mathieson no comment
Most overated player- Where do we start ! Mark Vetter no comment
Most over paid player- Ricky O'Toole no comment
Most loyal player- Loyal in the GDFL ? HAHAHA Sean O'Leary
Toughest bloke- Jace Kelly no comment
Biggest sook- Brett Anderton
no comment
See above

Do people want to put down their 2010 predictions for the following

Premiers- East
Wooden Spooners- Sad to say Belmont
League Medal- Jace Kelly will go close again
Biggest improver from 09- hate to say Winchelsea, should push finals
Biggest slider from 09- Well Belmont and then the tommy tigers-seem to have lost more then they have picked up and they are getting older.
Most expensive team- East, money wins you Flags
Most underated player- M King Winchelsea, Gun player needs to be fit and injury free
Most overated player- Forbes
Most over paid player- Forbes
Most loyal player- Would have said picko, only other one is Daisy from Winch stuck out the tough times
Toughest bloke- Haami was, no one stands out Jace Kelly

Premiers- between east, inva and BPH
Wooden Spooners- Belmont
League Medal- kelly again maybe, stands out alot
Biggest improver from 09- Winch
Biggest slider from 09- belmont
Most expensive team- East
Most underated player- Brackerley from inva, back flanker who creates alot of plays outta the backline
Most overated player- O'Toole, he is just a hang out these days, picking up cheap kicks
Most over paid player- O'Toole
Most loyal player- trotter
Toughest bloke- tim gardiner if he plays on
Biggest sook- Skroba or Grgic

Ash Bogan and the Belmont boys are receiving $500/game, plus a car between them for the Saturday hike to the bush. No training at the club required.
Makes a man want to come out of retirement!

Anyone want to post a best 22 for each side?? If at full strength how they would line up..
reckon i could do 3/4s of a thomson but thats..will be good to see how the new seasons sides look on paper

Ash Bogan and the Belmont boys are receiving $500/game, plus a car between them for the Saturday hike to the bush. No training at the club required.
Makes a man want to come out of retirement!

Its disappointing to see that a formerly successful country footy club, have to resort to getting their players from 300+ km's away... Its just not sustainable over the long term.

Saw the frst qrt of the north geelong praccy today,they had a slight breeze and i think they kicked 6 goals to 2 or 3.
They were pretty clean with there desposal to there forwards too....

GDFL Season Preview time tonight on 94.7, The Pulse from 8pm with the boys from The Final Siren. The show will also feature an interview with Belmont Lions coach Matt Toohey to guage just how the Lions are going to fare after a difficult off-season

Fair go. He made a statement, listened to the rebuttals and admitted he was wrong. It's a bigger gesture than most of the shit you see on BF (such as your comment here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back