Geelong 2022 are statistically the most dominant team since Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol this Wojcinski character has real issues.

I will tell you what might be an issue for him and other Cats fans revelling in flag favouratism with "the most dominant team since Geelong 2007….”

Cats have played 4 games v finals teams this season at venues other than Wingless Paddock.

Cats 10.17 v 17.5 Sydney SCG - Syndey finished 3rd

Cats 16.8 v Collingwood 13.13. - Collingwood finished 4th

Cats 12.11 v 10.10 Bulldogs Marvel - Bulldogs finished 8th

Cats 13.11 v Richmond 13.8 - Richmond finished 7th.

I am not sure any finals are going to be played at Wingless, I suspect all Cats finals will be at the MCG. Throw in Melbourne and possibly Fremantle, who actually beat Geelong at Wingless Stadium, these are the sort of teams the pussycats will face in the one month oven that is finals. Not too many of those efforts look too dominant to me. 😁

How can this Geelong side be stopped? They've won 13 games in a row now, and I can't see anyone stopping them at all.

Don’t worry about these guys. They abuse everybody in packs. I know first hand. I think they are just trolls at this point and just report/ignore them if you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Victim mentality.

More than one person disagreeing with you or asking the same question isn’t ganging up.

If he simply gave a theory, no matter how stupid, as to why the AFL would deliberately rig a draw for us, no one would ask another question

I will tell you what might be an issue for him and other Cats fans revelling in flag favouratism with "the most dominant team since Geelong 2007….”

Cats have played 4 games v finals teams this season at venues other than Wingless Paddock.

I am not sure any finals are going to be played at Wingless, I suspect all Cats finals will be at the MCG. Throw in Melbourne and possibly Fremantle, who actually beat Geelong at Wingless Stadium, these are the sort of teams the pussycats will face in the one month oven that is finals. Not too many of those efforts look too dominant to me. 😁

Should have lost all 4 of them instead shouldnt we.

Victim mentality.

More than one person disagreeing with you or asking the same question isn’t ganging up.

If he simply gave a theory, no matter how stupid, as to why the AFL would deliberately rig a draw for us, no one would ask another question

Maybe you should read other people reactions to your gangs abuse. Starting to get worse than Zorko.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Question for you Meteor Man, why have you included games at the SCG and Marvel if you suspect all of Geelong's finals will be at the MCG?

Melbourne would be quietly loving all this attention on Geelong.
It's all set up for the same old, Geelong look like absolute aces through June-August and then come finals someone who has correctly timed their run comes into September and sweeps it, which yes I reckon will be the Demons this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for you Meteor Man, why have you included games at the SCG and Marvel if you suspect all of Geelong's finals will be at the MCG?

Fair question Winski, the answer is this:

Because they were the only 4 opportunities Geelong had to dominate a finals team at a venue other than Wingless Paddock. And as it happens, they didn’t dominate any of them. 😁

But don’t let me put you off believing your team will dominate their way to a flag. I wouldn’t like to be held responsible for wrecking a fantasy with relevant facts. 😉

Because they were the only 4 opportunities Geelong had to dominate a finals team at a venue other than Wingless Paddock. And as it happens, they didn’t dominate any of them. 😁

But don’t let me put you off believing your team will dominate their way to a flag. I wouldn’t like to be held responsible for wrecking a fantasy with relevant facts. 😉
Are there more points on offer for "dominating" an opponent, or is it just the standard 4?

Don't worry, I think we'll be out in straight sets so anything better than that is a bonus. Just curious as to the correlation between our form vs Sydney at the SCG vs the form against the Pies at the MCG for example

Are there more points on offer for "dominating" an opponent, or is it just the standard 4?

Well the theory goes like this F2S….to be considered a generationally dominant team leading into finals, you might need to have dominated some finals teams either at prospective finals venue, or at least away from the shall we say, unique ground you train on full time. And the Cats haven’t done this. I apologise for noticing this but I couldn’t help it. 😁

It's all set up for the same old, Geelong look like absolute aces through June-August and then come finals someone who has correctly timed their run comes into September and sweeps it, which yes I reckon will be the Demons this year.
Melbourne with their imposing record of 0-4 against the top 4? Yes I can't see how they won't sweep this finals series.

Don't worry, I think we'll be out in straight sets so anything better than that is a bonus. Just curious as to the correlation between our form vs Sydney at the SCG vs the form against the Pies at the MCG for example

I am pleased I could satisfy your curiosity then brother Winski. 😁

Very fatalistic with your straight sets expectation aren’t you? Geelong normally manage to throw a deceased Cat bounce into their finals campaign somewhere along the line as I recall. 😉

Well the theory goes like this F2S….to be considered a generationally dominant team leading into finals, you might need to have dominated some finals teams either at prospective finals venue, or at least away from the shall we say, unique ground you train on full time. And the Cats haven’t done this. I apologise for noticing this but I couldn’t help it. 😁
Seems a bit arbitrary, and didn't think this thread was about "generational dominance", but I'm happy to go along with your definition. 10 points to Griffindor.

Melbourne with their imposing record of 0-4 against the top 4? Yes I can't see how they won't sweep this finals series.
It's because you overrate H&A results and importance. Melbourne are top 2, exactly where they need to be.

Playing well before September means nothing now.

I don’t think anyone does think that and the original post was based only on a fairly meaningless in-game metric that only David King seems to place any weight in
David King - Professional Football Analyst at Fox Footy.

👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back