Gaspar retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Retirement from punt road today

Some of the crap floating around here about Gaspar's retirement gives me a fair indication as to why Richmond are as crap as they are and have been since I was born.

Some amazing stuff.

The worst thing about his retirement, is that we no longer have an obvious match up for Leigh Brown (our decoy tall forward/defender)

The worst thing about his retirement, is that we no longer have an obvious match up for Leigh Brown (our decoy tall forward/defender)

Paul Bulless out of retirement > Leigh Brown.

Gaspar gave everything. He was limited, but gutsy as **** and held down a hard position in a shit side. I can't even begin to understand the vitriole.

Thanks for the memories gas. in his prime was like a cat in terms of agility and quickness in spoiling. also got lloyd a week for the headbut!

for the last 2 years when we're bringing the ball back in, was basically our opponents designated loose man. let him get the ball and get the turnover from the gas disposal!

Some of the crap floating around here about Gaspar's retirement gives me a fair indication as to why Richmond are as crap as they are and have been since I was born.

Some amazing stuff.

Every team has it's crap supporters. Even yours. Come to think of it do you have any at all?

Paradox?

Anyway, I'm very disappointed in the Richmond fans on here that are praising this. As someone else said, no wonder we get picked on and abused. If you can't find it in your heart to congratulate Gas on his career, well you are not a supporter IMO.

Yes he has been terrible the past 2 years, but it doesn't change the fact that he has put everything in to that Yellow and Black jumper.

Good luck with your future endeavours, Gas.

Good post DTT.

Gaspar had his flaws and I think the game simply caught-up with him in the end, but he was a very good player for much of his career and always had a decent crack at it.

Good luck to him with his retirement.

Some amazing stuff.

Every team has it's crap supporters. Even yours. Come to think of it do you have any at all?

Yeah NorthBhoy don't group us all together. It's only a few inconsiderate bastards that are like that. The majority of us congratulate him. I do anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Bulless out of retirement > Leigh Brown.

Gaspar gave everything. He was limited, but gutsy as **** and held down a hard position in a shit side. I can't even begin to understand the vitriole.

Agreed. Even Courtney Johns > Leigh Brown

No retirement game is ****en pathetic to say the least, He deserves atleast that. Geez Richmond are a rubbish club

It sounds to me as Terry said we are going with youth, so you will lose your spot, so Gas has said "Bugger it I'll retire then". This week probably would have been his send off as he was named.

Then why was he resigned. Surely he deserves a retirement game. I mean cmon... Even Josh Wooden should get a retirement game this year and hes only played 96 games for the club

Nope,Wallet has boned him effective immediately

Wallet bones Gaspar

Hey JUBJUB you tool, when are geelong gonna make some tough decisions for a change? Seems like your complete review last year achieved absolutely squat. Will your coach ask the players what to do again if you lose this week or will he scratch his head again and wonder who's playing on who?

So effectively he's been put on the scrapheap by the powers at be at Tigerland.

This is where there should be some fort of mid season draft where in these cases he could at least get a chance to play AFL again.

I reckon there'd be few clubs who could use him in defence.

Then why was he resigned. Surely he deserves a retirement game. I mean cmon... Even Josh Wooden should get a retirement game this year and hes only played 96 games for the club

I don't know why he was re-signed, but they probably thought he would regain a bit of form in his final year. He hasn't really done that, so he has been told that we are playing kids instead. So I reckon he said "I'll retire then if its gonna be that way".

It would be awkard with a farewell game in Round 6 I reckon.

So effectively he's been put on the scrapheap by the powers at be at Tigerland.

This is where there should be some fort of mid season draft where in these cases he could at least get a chance to play AFL again.

I reckon there'd be few clubs who could use him in defence.

Good point, that. Could be an idea for the future.

Every team has it's crap supporters. Even yours

Not to this extent. We have poor quality fans, but only in comparison to me.

Come to think of it do you have any at all

I see what you've done there. For money, could you make jokes about various things and post them under my username? I am tired of not presenting such quality.

You flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaspar retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back