Official Club Stuff From the CEO - Brian Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear skadoosh,

We can’t wait for our first home game of 2024, back at the MCG this Thursday night against the Tigers.

It is time to cover the home of football in a sea of Navy Blue once again.

I write to you today to share yet another significant announcement regarding the long-term stability of our football club.

Today, I am delighted to announce that co-major partner Great Southern Bank have extended their support of the Club until at least the end of 2027.

Genuine partnerships, based on mutual commitment, are so incredibly important in what is such a highly competitive industry, not just on the field but off it as well.

This extension from Great Southern Bank establishes yet another key pillar of off-field strength for our football club.

It will see the bank’s logo proudly emblazoned on the front of the Club’s away guernsey and back of the home guernsey, for at least the next four seasons.

Today's email,

1714358404755.png

Dear Aph,

First and foremost, I want to say a sincere thank you – because today, you are part of Carlton history.

For the very first time, in the 160 years of our football club, we have reached 100,000 members.

An enormous symbol of a community united by Navy Blue, this is a moment of landmark significance for generations of Carlton people.​
It has taken a whole-of-club approach, over many years, to shape the football club into what we now stand for today; with players, coaches, staff, partners and members all Stronger Together.

This connection is something every single Carlton person should wear as a badge of pride.

While the players are bringing the pressure out on the field, our members are bringing unmatched energy in the stands – culminating in a tangible competitive advantage for us on game day.

The loyalty of Carlton families is something to be celebrated, whether it is our longest serving member, a 103-year-old who is a 90-year consecutive member, to the newest member signed up at birth only a couple of days ago, we are a diverse community proud to wear the Navy Blue.

Over 46 per cent of Bluebaggers have been members for ten-plus consecutive years, with 22 per cent of the entire membership base coming from interstate.

AFLW memberships also continue to grow, currently sitting at 3,154 members ahead of the season starting in August.
The way our people have bought into what we now stand for as a values-based football club is what has been the most pleasing.

Carlton supporters have a connection that is unlike anything else, it is unique and special.

Our unity and passion creates an electric environment at our games, and a strong sense of belonging between Carlton people out in the community.

I also want to acknowledge and give my appreciation to all those, past and present, at Carlton who have contributed over the journey to help us reach today’s historic milestone. Today’s announcement is a team effort, over many years and their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed and deserves to be acknowledged.

We now look forward to continuing our growth, on and off the field, throughout the years to come.

We truly are Stronger Together, Aph

Thank you,​

Brian Cook
CEO
Member ID: 4914291

Remove this Banner Ad

Back