Opinion Frankston. What can be done about it?

Frankston: What should be dona about it?

• Dome it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rofl. Never change Dave. Your ability to turn something a person says in to something completely different is beyond compare.

doodles98 you were very proactive in starting this thread. Are there any more ideas about what can be done about Frankston?
Yes sorry I have been neglecting my own thread.

Well I believe that there is a proposal before cabinet from the Chinese Government to purchase Frankston for it's toxic and nuclear waste disposal needs. The original proposal was for an outback site but the local indigenous people wouldn't have it. So they've gone for a more low key locality where the impact won't be as great. The good news for Frankstonites is that the Chinese will send over their own workers so none of the locals will have to work.

Well that was a good response. Rich people have money to use on drugs hey?

Do you know why rich people get rich Dave? Because they don't waste their money on drugs!

A lot of lawyers would be considerably poorer if wealthy people stayed away from drugs. And really, what's the point of all that cash if you can't follow some divine white lines every once in a while and then speed it into the night in some sporty number with some sporty number by your side?

Rofl. Never change Dave. Your ability to turn something a person says in to something completely different is beyond compare.

doodles98 you were very proactive in starting this thread. Are there any more ideas about what can be done about Frankston?

You where then 1 bagging Poor Suburbs and saying Richer Suburbs are lot better.

That what I took out of your Comment

Dave, I hate to break this to you but richer suburbs are a lot better. In the normal meaning of what people think is better anyway. They have trees in rich suburbs! and parks where you can go without needing a pitbull for protection. Also in rich suburbs the cars are mostly only painted one color and they still have the glass in the side windows not plastic.

Don't worry Dave, I couldn't bear living in the "richer" 'burbs. Have tried it a coupla times but the foetid stench of smug entitlement drove me away

If poor suburbs were as good as rich suburbs they wouldn't be poor suburbs. They'd be rich suburbs because the rich people would want to live there.

Don't worry Dave, I couldn't bear living in the "richer" 'burbs. Have tried it a coupla times but the foetid stench of smug entitlement drove me away

We use to live in Mt Eliza when I was little but we moved up as it is Snobsville

If poor suburbs were as good as rich suburbs they wouldn't be poor suburbs. They'd be rich suburbs because the rich people would want to live there.

That is very snoby to look down on the Poor.

Its not Medievel Britan

That is very snoby to look down on the Poor.

Its not Medievel Britan
I don't believe I've actually given any indication that I 'look down on the poor'.

You do enjoy making assumptions.

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that you seem to look down on rich people far more than I do to poor people. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with calling people who have money 'snobs'.

I don't believe I've actually given any indication that I 'look down on the poor'.

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that you seem to look down on rich people far more than I do to poor people. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with calling people who have money 'snobs'.

#invertedsnobberyroolz

Well You just have see on TV and Hear what they say.

The Big Reason is because you just have to see what the Liberals are Doing. They don't care. They live in there Multiple Million Dollar house and they have no Idea how a Normal Aussie.

You have a go at me about calling them Snobs but you come on here Bagging Frankston:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well You just have see on TV and Hear what they say.

The Big Reason is because you just have to see what the Liberals are Doing. They don't care. They live in there Multiple Million Dollar house and they have no Idea how a Normal Aussie.

You have a go at me about calling them Snobs but you come on here Bagging Frankston:rolleyes:
Stop preaching about the Libs. All the politicians in this country are the same, they all get paid exorbitant amounts of money and they're all corrupt and out of touch, Labor are just as bad as the Libs.

Stop going off topic anyway. This is a unique and wonderful think tank about how we can do something about Frankston. I'm still leaning towards chucking a dome over it, Steven King style.

Stop preaching about the Libs. All the politicians in this country are the same, they all get paid exorbitant amounts of money and they're all corrupt and out of touch, Labor are just as bad as the Libs.

Stop going off topic anyway. This is a unique and wonderful think tank about how we can do something about Frankston. I'm still leaning towards chucking a dome over it, Steven King style.

Well let's Drop a Nuclear Bomb and just blow the F**king Shithole up:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TD it's meant to be stupid.
The whole thread is 'tongue in cheek':p
If it's upsetting you then take a break from it.

Glad as It's about the Worst Thread I seen on the Collingwood Forum

Frankston has a lot going for it:
  • It's on the bay
  • It has Oliver's Hill, for a great view over Port Phillip Bay
  • It has Modernist architecture - check out the Round House
  • Its the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula
  • The Mornington Peninsula is a renowned wine making region
I'll be dropping by a few wineries tomorrow, in Red Hill, before making my way to the VFL game.

The Melbourne community needs a change of attitude, a different perspective, when assessing Frankston.

We also have some great posters from Frankston.:)

Mornington Peninsula also has the hot springs, A National Park, some hedgehog garden, mini golf, strawberry picking farm, heaps of wineries and drinking hubs, and beaches, it's a pretty cool place. Oh yeah you can also go snorkling, or swim with Dolphins. Probably the best thing it has nowadays is the hotsprings. They keep finding more and more of them.
Arthurs Poins has great views.
As for Olivers hill, pffft, I've smashed that a couple of times doing the around the bay in a day bike ride, too easy.

As for Frankston flush it down the toilet, along with Doodles.

That's a pretty shallow outlook, what makes a suburb great depends on someone's tastes, socio demographic, age demographic, social connections, family surroundings, proximity to work etc etc etc.
Many people would not want to live in Toorak, and I can understand that. It's not necessarily Melbourne's best suburb, just because it's the most expansive. For many people Melbourne's best suburbs are the inner suburban multicultural hubs that has a youthful, vibrant, diverse community, with great cafe's and a thriving nightlife. Others might like the outer suburbs, more relaxed lifestyle, and some might be happy toughin it out in Franga's.

Last edited:
That's a pretty shallow outlook, what makes a suburb great depends on someone's tastes, demographic, outlook, social connections, family surroundings, proximity to work etc etc etc.
Many people would not want to live in Toorak, and I can understand that. It's not necessarily Melbourne's best suburb, just because it's the most expansive. For many people Melbourne's best suburbs are the inner suburban multicultural hubs that has a youthful, vibrant, diverse community, with great cafe's and a thriving nightlife.
Rich vs poor and good vs bad suburbs are two seperate discussions. And also off topic. Please put forth a suggestion about what can be done about Frankston. If you're unsure about how to feel about this thread, the poll should give you a good indication on how serious it is.

Back