F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

haha yeah when I saw the news.com.au article describe him as "Veteran Formula 1 journalist Joel Saward" I had a good chuckle......Saward has way more misses than hits.

But yeah like you said, Helmut's words are the ones we need to pay attention to
Hasn't Helmut being saying this for ages? This is all part of the Helmut v Christian power battle isn't it? Doesn't look to be too much actual "news" in this.

haha yeah when I saw the news.com.au article describe him as "Veteran Formula 1 journalist Joel Saward" I had a good chuckle......Saward has way more misses than hits.

But yeah like you said, Helmut's words are the ones we need to pay attention to
They always prefix his name with Veteran Journalist, like they do with Caroline Wilson. It's almost a legal requirement at this point.

I know you're all sitting here, just as shocked to read this as I am. Stroll gets to continue driving for the team owned by his father. Shocking...
You're just jealous because your son cut off your hand :p

Should never have left Red Bull when he did.

The Renault move in particular was poor. McLaren was just 2 or 3 years too early.
I’m sorry, but he was a race winner and compared to Max was being paid absolute peanuts.
Then came a godfather offer from Renault.
It wasn’t so much he wanted to move, but when it comes to money and the limited time you have in F1, just take the money.

Should never have left Red Bull when he did.

The Renault move in particular was poor. McLaren was just 2 or 3 years too early.
In hindsight sure, but I don’t think he ever wanted to be anything but the big cheese at RBR, which never would have happened if he’d stayed there. Leaving Renault for McLaren was the dumb move IMO, killed his confidence and Cyril’s career when he jumped ship. He put that Renault in places it should never have been, especially in 2020.

Leaving Renault for McLaren was the dumb move IMO, killed his confidence and Cyril’s career when he jumped ship. He put that Renault in places it should never have been, especially in 2020.

I don't know if Daniel himself has said it but the big speculation was that he left Renault because of issues with the higher ups. $20m a year from McLaren wouldn't have hurt either.

I don't know if Daniel himself has said it but the big speculation was that he left Renault because of issues with the higher ups. $20m a year from McLaren wouldn't have hurt either.
Wasn't the talk that he was actually negotiating with McLaren in 2018, but the seat wasn't available so signed with Renault for 2 basically as a temporary switch until something was available at McLaren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back