"experts" not seeing all the games each round

Remove this Banner Ad

Agee with the OP, it really is inexcusable.
It's amazing how many "analysts" can't give us an idea of what game plan each team is attempting. Hawks were using their rolling zone in '08 and it wasn't until well in the season that Gerard Healy pointed it out.
You're not told how teams set up i.e 3 man forward line, 8 man defence etc.

All points to how little homework these guys do midweek.

I'd have to agree with Strachuniee on the world cup commentary, well, the Australian games at least. Quotes such as, "Gee, this makes it has for us now." after Kewell got sent off, no bias at all:rolleyes:. I think the Tour de France commentary is a great example of insightful commentary, they actually manage to make watching a 200 km bike race interesting, offering some great insight. Their knowledge of virtually all the cyclists in the race is impeccable.

Easy choice for me - I'd rather a nobody delivering precise and accurate insights, especially if they don't have a bias or agenda. My favourite caller before he passed away was Clinton Grybas - totally professional, excellent caller, didn't go over the top - and I had no idea who he followed. Because you couldn't tell.

But I know I'm in the minority.

Co-signed. Everything in what you said is what I think as well.

Go easy on Walls, he can watch an entire match and still have no idea what happened!

I've got no doubt if they auditioned 5 or 10 generic punters a month they'd find a couple of good talents. Is that what the majority of punters want tho? To hear Barry Bloggs from Narre Sth offering spot on insights? Or would they rather hear what a Lyon/Hird has to say, however well-informed?

well said

Remove this Banner Ad

"experts" not seeing all the games each round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back