Roast Experienced.

Remove this Banner Ad

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Screenshot 2021-08-07 220113.png

There is a problem with how we, the Adelaide Crows define an experienced player. An experienced player should not be getting games due to being a good trainer or an honest trier. No, they are there to provide leadership to the next crop of players, on field coaching and a mature body. Most losses this year apart from the Gws and Bombers have been full of effort and endeavor, as was tonight but what let us down was our "experienced" players.

Its time to make some actual hard calls on some players careers because they clearly aren't going to make the choice themselves. Sloane should've had surgery, Mackay was done in 2016, Kelly to the Pies reserves and what is the purpose of Lynch?

This past decade has been filled with games where we seemingly make it way harder for ourselves then we need to. Its time to hand the club over to Doedee and the kids, would we actually be any worse?

It's really only Mackay and Kelly. Can't wait until Mackay is no longer a thorn in our side. Reckon Kelly will be in it for the long haul unfortunately.

We're in a corner with Sloane given he's the captain. It's hard to drop and/or phase out your captain. Hopefully Doedee is named in 2022.

It's really only Mackay and Kelly. Can't wait until Mackay is no longer a thorn in our side. Reckon Kelly will be in it for the long haul unfortunately.

We're in a corner with Sloane given he's the captain. It's hard to drop and/or phase out your captain. Hopefully Doedee is named in 2022.
I've been a critic of Kelly but he has been very good defensively this year and we aren't kicking it to him on the way out much at all. He's done good jobs on Darling and Gray in recent weeks so can play a role in a BALANCED backline.

Sloane however, he started in the middle but I think he spent some time up forward but he's due to be dropped IMO.

Strong clubs make strong decisions.

I've been a critic of Kelly but he has been very good defensively this year and we aren't kicking it to him on the way out much at all. He's done good jobs on Darling and Gray in recent weeks so can play a role in a BALANCED backline.

Sloane however, he started in the middle but I think he spent some time up forward but he's due to be dropped IMO.

Strong clubs make strong decisions.
I agree he's been solid defensively and he's not that bad of a player. He just lacks class especially under pressure and I think we need to weed those players out of we're ever going to challenge

Well a week is a long time in footy. Talia gone, Lynch gone, Mackay can't seriously get a contract, Kelly with a career high 7 goal game...

View attachment 1199162

There is a problem with how we, the Adelaide Crows define an experienced player. An experienced player should not be getting games due to being a good trainer or an honest trier. No, they are there to provide leadership to the next crop of players, on field coaching and a mature body. Most losses this year apart from the Gws and Bombers have been full of effort and endeavor, as was tonight but what let us down was our "experienced" players.

Its time to make some actual hard calls on some players careers because they clearly aren't going to make the choice themselves. Sloane should've had surgery, Mackay was done in 2016, Kelly to the Pies reserves and what is the purpose of Lynch?

This past decade has been filled with games where we seemingly make it way harder for ourselves then we need to. Its time to hand the club over to Doedee and the kids, would we actually be any worse?
I've been saying this all year

There has been a coaching philosophy that we have needed a certain level of experience players on the field bringing the young guys through in game situation

I understand the theory however the theory falls over when the more experience players dint perform, and make poor on field decisions

Look at DMac yesterday, he marks the ball 40m out, directly in front. Instead of taking ownership at slotting the goal he passes it to a 25 game player 35m out on a much worse angle

Experience counts for nothing when it's not backed up with game day performance, leadership and decision making

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been saying this all year

There has been a coaching philosophy that we have needed a certain level of experience players on the field bringing the young guys through in game situation

I understand the theory however the theory falls over when the more experience players dint perform, and make poor on field decisions

Look at DMac yesterday, he marks the ball 40m out, directly in front. Instead of taking ownership at slotting the goal he passes it to a 25 game player 35m out on a much worse angle

Experience counts for nothing when it's not backed up with game day performance, leadership and decision making

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yesterday the skills by foot of our leaders cost a lot of goals.

Dem GC's and Carlton's tho, dey really know how to do things, play youngsters without a core of "experienced" around them, dat gets results, look at dem right up the top of da ladder

....wait....wat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back