EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Greenvale lose there or their :p score for extra man on ground. Decison made. Now when does the round 8 Northen Saints vs Avondale Heights match get played or is it 2 points each?

http://www.essendondfl.com.au/news/...to-investigate-strathmore-v-greenvale-result/

Doesn't seem to be a timeslot to fit the match in.

If Northen beat Airport West in the return game i reckon they would be more than happy to take 2 points and get off the bottom of the ladder. If Airport win then playing the game could be a mute point as i don't see Avondale pushing to make the finals.

Doesn't seem to be a timeslot to fit the match in.

If Northen beat Airport West in the return game i reckon they would be more than happy to take 2 points and get off the bottom of the ladder. If Airport win then playing the game could be a mute point as i don't see Avondale pushing to make the finals.

The game will most likely be rescheduled for the split round weekend. Most logical outcome will be to move the Pacco v Northern game to 18th July and then play the Round 8 game v Avondale Heights on the 25th July.

The game will most likely be rescheduled for the split round weekend. Most logical outcome will be to move the Pacco v Northern game to 18th July and then play the Round 8 game v Avondale Heights on the 25th July.
What makes it interesting is that this is after the return match between NS & APW

Points system averages after the first 6 rounds according to the EDFL media team.

30 - West Coburg
37 - Greenvale
38 - Airport West
41 - Northern Saints
44 - Strathmore
46 - Marbi Park
48 - Aberfeldie
63 - Keilor
67 - Avondale Heights
72 - Pascoe Vale

Not surprising really.

Points system averages after the first 6 rounds according to the EDFL media team.

30 - West Coburg
37 - Greenvale
38 - Airport West
41 - Northern Saints
44 - Strathmore
46 - Marbi Park
48 - Aberfeldie
63 - Keilor
67 - Avondale Heights
72 - Pascoe Vale

Not surprising really.

Puff seems like you have had a productive day in the workplace today putting this together

We should ask Turbo what cap the league will put in place for Premier Division

Puff seems like you have had a productive day in the workplace today putting this together

We should ask Turbo what cap the league will put in place for Premier Division

As I said mate - it's according to the EDFL media team - took 2 minutes to scroll through the podcast to find the section where they stated the numbers.

I'd guess Turbo's starting point would be 70.

30 - West Coburg
37 - Greenvale
38 - Airport West
41 - Northern Saints
44 - Strathmore
46 - Marbi Park
48 - Aberfeldie
63 - Keilor
67 - Avondale Heights
72 - Pascoe Vale

Not surprising really.

I think this is bloody fantastic. Take your hat off Greenvale, Strathmore and to a slightly lesser extent Aberfeldie. I don't care who gets paid what or how much a club shells out but what this shows is that 3 of the top 4 clubs in the EDFL are seriously well paying its own juniors. Whether they have come up through the 18's and straight into senior EDFL football or whether they have left to play TAC, VFL or even AFL, these clubs are rewarding their own by paying club people good money to stay involved and push for success. For years this didn't happen. The big money always seemed to find its way into those being recruited to the club with no affiliation.

On the other hand if you are a club the does not have such quality juniors pushing through what do you do? Well you do what Maribyrnong Park, PV and AH do. You buy a team of outsiders. What else are they going to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is bloody fantastic. Take your hat off Greenvale, Strathmore and to a slightly lesser extent Aberfeldie. I don't care who gets paid what or how much a club shells out but what this shows is that 3 of the top 4 clubs in the EDFL are seriously well paying its own juniors. Whether they have come up through the 18's and straight into senior EDFL football or whether they have left to play TAC, VFL or even AFL, these clubs are rewarding their own by paying club people good money to stay involved and push for success. For years this didn't happen. The big money always seemed to find its way into those being recruited to the club with no affiliation.

On the other hand if you are a club the does not have such quality juniors pushing through what do you do? Well you do what Maribyrnong Park, PV and AH do. You buy a team of outsiders. What else are they going to do?

I wouldn't put Marbi in the same category as Avondale or Pacco.

Marbi have been on a sustained rebuild of their junior setup and it's paying off - they have two Under 18 teams now, and good representation across all other grades plus several juniors regularly playing senior footy.

If correct the surprises here are clearly Greenvale - hats off to them & Keilor - with such a huge junior pool you have to ask why so high?

I wouldn't put Marbi in the same category as Avondale or Pacco.

Marbi have been on a sustained rebuild of their junior setup and it's paying off - they have two Under 18 teams now, and good representation across all other grades plus several juniors regularly playing senior footy.

Apologies... I was referring to their successful years 2007-2012.

They are very much a 'develop you own' these days

30 - West Coburg
37 - Greenvale
38 - Airport West
41 - Northern Saints
44 - Strathmore
46 - Marbi Park
48 - Aberfeldie
63 - Keilor
67 - Avondale Heights
72 - Pascoe Vale

Not surprising really.
More importantly, is it actually stated anywhere on the podcast as to actually which points scale is being used by the EDFL media team!..

It would be an extremely interesting exercise to do on a weekly basis..

More importantly, is it actually stated anywhere on the podcast as to actually which points scale is being used by the EDFL media team!..

It would be an extremely interesting exercise to do on a weekly basis..
I'd imagine they'd be going by the system mooted by the powers that be.
It'll be interesting to see how Paco handle the introduction of a points system as quite a few of their recruits were brought in after the decision to introduce a points system was announced.

I'd imagine they'd be going by the system mooted by the powers that be.
It'll be interesting to see how Paco handle the introduction of a points system as quite a few of their recruits were brought in after the decision to introduce a points system was announced.
Are you aware of the point scale mooted by the powers to be 'BlueJet'?..

If so, are you able to share it with us all!..

If correct the surprises here are clearly Greenvale - hats off to them & Keilor - with such a huge junior pool you have to ask why so high?
Keilors juniors are too good, that they end up playing at a higher level (AFL or VFL).
You could argue other clubs suffer the same pain but Keilor in recent times have produced a batch of exceptional talent that will never play at their junior club until the end of their careers.

Fascinating

Go Panthers

Good to see your finally onto a good thing Bangfrom50 and got on the bandwagon. The more important immediate question is can Pacco go all the way in 2015? If not then what does the points system tell you. It's going to create a bigger divide if Pacco & especially AH have to lose players.

Just another thing boys, there is also a salary cap but I'm sure a few clubs will just laugh at that, and the league won't have resources to follow it up.

Homegrown or recruited either way they cost you.. Or are you all saying that homegrown play for a few hundred. Wake up everyone..

Good to see your finally onto a good thing Bangfrom50 and got on the bandwagon. The more important immediate question is can Pacco go all the way in 2015? If not then what does the points system tell you. It's going to create a bigger divide if Pacco & especially AH have to lose players.

Just another thing boys, there is also a salary cap but I'm sure a few clubs will just laugh at that, and the league won't have resources to follow it up.

Homegrown or recruited either way they cost you.. Or are you all saying that homegrown play for a few hundred. Wake up everyone..
Turbos, nice attempt at deflection, but your club, Pacco obviously leading the charge as far as recruiting quality footballers. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but you have been constantly putting the acid on Abers, Greenvale and Strathmore for their recruiting and supposedly paying squillions.
Reeks of double standards I think.

Can we now expect an apology from you to those clubs you have maligned, either directly or by backhanded inference?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back