EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed there is no excuse for a premier division club to be forfeiting games at reserve level, the fine needs to be much more severe I think than 175 dollars !
Totally agree as it now gives Abers 4 points and therefore APW reserves who are currently 6th don’t have a chance to possibly play finals. Yes Abers might have beaten EK anyhow, but who knows. Also I’m sure Abers reserves would want a game.
How does a premier club forfeit reserves, let alone twice in a season. There must be some punishment from the league on this otherwise it sets a precedent for every other club.

Also their senior side is most likely in finals so it’s not a great preparation tbh. I think the league should force them to field a reserves side otherwise their senior side should play for no points this week. That would get them to field a reserves side I bet.

And we wonder why all the talk is around EK on these sites!!

Totally agree as it now gives Abers 4 points and therefore APW reserves who are currently 6th don’t have a chance to possibly play finals. Yes Abers might have beaten EK anyhow, but who knows. Also I’m sure Abers reserves would want a game.
How does a premier club forfeit reserves, let alone twice in a season. There must be some punishment from the league on this otherwise it sets a precedent for every other club.

Also their senior side is most likely in finals so it’s not a great preparation tbh. I think the league should force them to field a reserves side otherwise their senior side should play for no points this week. That would get them to field a reserves side I bet.

And we wonder why all the talk is around EK on these sites!!
They may still be celebrating the Junior Grand Final win as he got that elusive Cup he was after HAHA

Hearing that Marby will field their top 18's in Premier next season. Good result for the league if they do as if they played in b grade it would have reduced the premier comp to basically 4 teams
Fair enough to and more beneficial to the club otherwise you might get clubs chasing their talent.

I’m still bemused how EK 18s are in div1 and sitting second.

That’s the 2 different mindsets between clubs like Marby v EK. Just saying..

Hearing that Marby will field their top 18's in Premier next season. Good result for the league if they do as if they played in b grade it would have reduced the premier comp to basically 4 teams
Will not happen Marby will follow seniors has been a fixture nightmare for the EDF this year…100% East Keilor under 18s will be promoted to A grade regardless we’re finished this year…

Will not happen Marby will follow seniors has been a fixture nightmare for the EDF this year…100% East Keilor under 18s will be promoted to A grade regardless we’re finished this year…

The fixture nightmare is the EDFL's own doing!

It wont get any easier next year with DP & WC not likely to have 18's, Avondale unlikely to field 18's and convincing EK & EDS to play in Premier and hope that Airport West can hang on to an 18's side

If all Premier sides were to field an 18's in Premier i would agree with you. That wont be the case and their 18's will play Premier next year

E

It wont get any easier next year with DP & WC not likely to have 18's, Avondale unlikely to field 18's and convincing EK & EDS to play in Premier and hope that Airport West can hang on to an 18's side

If all Premier sides were to field an 18's in Premier i would agree with you. That wont be the case and their 18's will play Premier next year

Everything you say above is right but aligning all 3 teams will help with Club volunteers club is also opening and not opening canteens having all players at one ground, so can help with reserves and seniors numbers less walkovers...doesn’t matter what grade a team is in playing..players will keep moving anyway to play easy football to suit them,someone is always going to come first and someone last..

If your Seniors are in Prem, so too should your 18s - don't want your 18s in top flight?
ok your seniors can join them In the lower grade.. it'd cut the bs pretty quickly.
Wasn’t there a rule or something about if you didn’t have 18’s you couldn’t have seniors? The league has not done enough work in this regard apart from changing age groups to 18.5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine playing for Keilor seconds everytime they come up against a team who’s seconds are no good bingo they forfeit. If Avondale and ek can’t field a seconds team relegate them and bring up a couple teams who can.
So what drop teams who have rightfully stayed up in premier division ? Douttas and AVH have both been in premier division for a long time, reserves have had a hard year getting smashed every week BUT still showed up and one week couldn’t field due to injuries and didn’t forfeit until they absolutely had to instead of EK who did it 5 days before the match.

Get a grip what a dumb comment 😂

So what drop teams who have rightfully stayed up in premier division ? Douttas and AVH have both been in premier division for a long time, reserves have had a hard year getting smashed every week BUT still showed up and one week couldn’t field due to injuries and didn’t forfeit until they absolutely had to instead of EK who did it 5 days before the match.

Mate it is called premier for a reason if you can’t field a seconds team you shouldn’t be in premier,if you read my post you would see I mentioned that ek needed to go down as well .Avondale got beaten by over 200 points last week in the firsts no seconds, are the seconds playing this week ?

Wasn’t there a rule or something about if you didn’t have 18’s you couldn’t have seniors? The league has not done enough work in this regard apart from changing age groups to 18.5
I believe so but can't say for certain.
Not getting a side together is one thing, requesting to go down a grade is poor.
Credit to the APW footy club & particularly the young fellas fronting up each week, hopefully they can stick with it & get some reward for effort in coming years.

Mate it is called premier for a reason if you can’t field a seconds team you shouldn’t be in premier,if you read my post you would see I mentioned that ek needed to go down as well .Avondale got beaten by over 200 points last week in the firsts no seconds, are the seconds playing this week ?
AH 2's have got a team up this weekend I believe. Imagine a couple of VFL guys back helps that cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back