EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Cry me a river!

You've whinged and moaned for a week over a tribunal decision - Get over it!

Lets face facts if your club wasn't blatantly cheating the salary cap you'd be without Stewart for 18 weeks! So just be thankful that you only miss him for 2

Assume all you want but question for you, Why you so mad? I only responded to people who were continuing commenting mate. Settle down…. twice I said is what it is!

Relaxxxxxx big fella, lucky you didn’t type in all CAPS would of really hurt my feelings

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cry me a river!

You've whinged and moaned for a week over a tribunal decision - Get over it!

Lets face facts if your club wasn't blatantly cheating the salary cap you'd be without Stewart for 18 weeks! So just be thankful that you only miss him for 2
EK only spending 235k this year, so its only a little bit over

Few big names back in for EK and Abbers.

Stewart and Micallef out for EK is big and Currie for Abbers.

Going to be a good game. Hopefully weather isn’t too shit and we can see some decent footy.

I'll be there. Should be awesome if the weather holds. I'll bring by camcorder with me and get some vision to share on this forum and YouTube.

A lot of discussion around Chris Stewart and the 2 week suspension, plus the free kick that won the game. Here’s my thought on it. Firstly I have seen the video and it is definitely an act that was straight and bizarre, just a random swinging arm, I don’t think Stewart with his rucking experience would of timed the ball the badly then had a crack for seconds. It was a clear swinging up with the intention unknown, he might of just tried to put Marby’s ruck off balance, we don’t know. Now, it looked like very light contact and Stewart has received 2 weeks for it. I’ve seen players receive suspensions for attempting to strike and completely missing. The fact that it was an open palm doesn’t mean anything, I don’t think it’s worth a suspension, however in the AFL it would of got a fine. But we aren’t in the AFL, I’m not sure what the EDFL’s suspension guidelines are and if there are set penalties, but at the end of the he made contact with the head. Yes light contact, however what if that opened palm got him in the jaw or another vulnerable spot? I would of maybe looked at a 1 not 2.

In regards to the winning free kick. Once again light contact, but the free kick was there. Yes it does look like Stewart went down really easy, however it also looks he was arching backwards and was completely off balance. Wether he could of held his balance or adding a bit of milk is in the air. I think it was a 50:50 call and both calls would of probably been right, just depends if you apply common sense or the rule book. There wasn’t much the Marby ruck did wrong, he played footy, won the tap and it just happened in the contest out of his control while coming back to ground. Like I said a very 50/50 call and it could of gone both ways. However he did make contact and it was high.

A lot of discussion around Chris Stewart and the 2 week suspension, plus the free kick that won the game. Here’s my thought on it. Firstly I have seen the video and it is definitely an act that was straight and bizarre, just a random swinging arm, I don’t think Stewart with his rucking experience would of timed the ball the badly then had a crack for seconds. It was a clear swinging up with the intention unknown, he might of just tried to put Marby’s ruck off balance, we don’t know. Now, it looked like very light contact and Stewart has received 2 weeks for it. I’ve seen players receive suspensions for attempting to strike and completely missing. The fact that it was an open palm doesn’t mean anything, I don’t think it’s worth a suspension, however in the AFL it would of got a fine. But we aren’t in the AFL, I’m not sure what the EDFL’s suspension guidelines are and if there are set penalties, but at the end of the he made contact with the head. Yes light contact, however what if that opened palm got him in the jaw or another vulnerable spot? I would of maybe looked at a 1 not 2.

In regards to the winning free kick. Once again light contact, but the free kick was there. Yes it does look like Stewart went down really easy, however it also looks he was arching backwards and was completely off balance. Wether he could of held his balance or adding a bit of milk is in the air. I think it was a 50:50 call and both calls would of probably been right, just depends if you apply common sense or the rule book. There wasn’t much the Marby ruck did wrong, he played footy, won the tap and it just happened in the contest out of his control while coming back to ground. Like I said a very 50/50 call and it could of gone both ways. However he did make contact and it was high.

I believe this is where I'm meant to say "all discussion on this issue is now over" which, of course, is a load of shit. Good discussion point with mixed views from various posters. Both made high contact, but only one resulted in a suspension. Just need to be consistent.

THAT FREE KICK. Lots of comments and analysis on this forum about the free kick awarded to Stewart at the end of the EK v Marby game to give EK the win after the final siren. I've made this short extract from my video to focus on the incident. Video shows 1) normal speed, 2) 50% slow-motion and zoom, and 3) 90% slow-motion and extra zoom. Was it a free? I don't know. But enjoy the video. I'll be at the Aberfeldie v EK game tomorrow .... with my camcorder.

Last edited:
THAT FREE KICK. Lots of comments and analysis on this forum about the free kick awarded to Stewart at the end of the EK v Marby game to give EK the win after the final siren. I've made this short extract from my video to focus on the incident. Video shows 1) normal speed, 2) 50% slow-motion and zoom, and 3) 90% slow-motion and extra zoom. Was it a free? I don't know. But enjoy the video. I'll be at the Aberfeldie v EK game tomorrow .... with my camcorder.

Soft. But a free kick given the second action making contact with head/face. Just my opinion.

Awfully quiet in here did East Keilor lose?

Hahah am I the only one that talks? Not an EK forum.

But yeah as expected Abbers too good, not unbeatable though, hopefully get them on the return leg! Could of been closer though i thought. EK didn’t play the best!

Keilor on the other hand wow made a mockery of their opponents

Marby with the epic last quarter. Big chance pacco go 5-4 with Keilor and Abbers still to play.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah am I the only one that talks? Not an EK forum.

But yeah as expected Abbers too good, not unbeatable though, hopefully get them on the return leg! Could of been closer though i thought. EK didn’t play the best!

Keilor on the other hand wow made a mockery of their opponents

Marby with the epic last quarter. Big chance pacco go 5-4 with Keilor and Abbers still to play.

15 individual goal-scorers impressive from Abers

15 individual goal-scorers impressive from Abers

Abers & Keilor’s junior programs now showing through. This was mentioned years ago when the points system got introduced that these 2 clubs would end up dominating due to there depth players. Remember these clubs were well known for recruiting junior players from other clubs.

On another note EK were reasonable competitive by the looks of the scores but I’m guessing players 15-22 were the difference with Abers having more player depth.

Bit disappointing to see Keilor beating Douttas by 21 goals. How does that happen in premier ?? And Keilor still have a bit of quality to return.

Abers & Keilor’s junior programs now showing through. This was mentioned years ago when the points system got introduced that these 2 clubs would end up dominating due to there depth players. Remember these clubs were well known for recruiting junior players from other clubs.

On another note EK were reasonable competitive by the looks of the scores but I’m guessing players 15-22 were the difference with Abers having more player depth.

Bit disappointing to see Keilor beating Douttas by 21 goals. How does that happen in premier ?? And Keilor still have a bit of quality to return.

Strathmore and Marby not far behind them on that front either Turbo. Look at the reserves and 18's ladders and the top 4 in both comps are those 4

Those 4 clubs all in good positions to be competitive for a number of years to come if they keep tracking the way they are

Strathmore and Marby not far behind them on that front either Turbo. Look at the reserves and 18's ladders and the top 4 in both comps are those 4

Those 4 clubs all in good positions to be competitive for a number of years to come if they keep tracking the way they are
Yep..And Pacco not far behind now with decent 18s and 16s.
So the great AFL Vic and all the dumpwits that sit behind the glass drinking champagne and probably never been out in the cold at local footy make a decision on this stupid points system. So you either have an abundance of good juniors or need big $$$ to compete.

Whatever happened to the popular player who wanted to coach and bring his 5-6 mates ( to play for unders) to all play together to try and bring a club some success is gone..

Yep..And Pacco not far behind now with decent 18s and 16s.
So the great AFL Vic and all the dumpwits that sit behind the glass drinking champagne and probably never been out in the cold at local footy make a decision on this stupid points system. So you either have an abundance of good juniors or need big $$$ to compete.

Whatever happened to the popular player who wanted to coach and bring his 5-6 mates ( to play for unders) to all play together to try and bring a club some success is gone..
i think the points system should stay and salary cap should be scrapped

The cap is being blatantly disregarded by who know how many clubs across the various comps. Its impossible to catch anyone out - just get rid of it

The beauty of the points system is that leagues can manipulate the points allocation and give clubs going up a division a few extra points for the first year or two to help them with recruitment

Its also transparent so everyone knows what's going on

i think the points system should stay and salary cap should be scrapped

The cap is being blatantly disregarded by who know how many clubs across the various comps. Its impossible to catch anyone out - just get rid of it

The beauty of the points system is that leagues can manipulate the points allocation and give clubs going up a division a few extra points for the first year or two to help them with recruitment

Its also transparent so everyone knows what's going on
I know it’s been done to death this points conversation but how do other sides catch up to the Keilors, Abers etc??? Remember there was a lot of disgust around paying juniors to switch clubs..
You can’t even chase there young talent as those players come with high points.

EK are doing exceptionally well but on the back of spending. Yes it’s working short term but should this be the answer to success???

Look at div1 for example and APW, Tulla doing well as are Roxy atm. But neither has strong good juniors at 18s, 16s so they will be in a heap of trouble if going up. Westmeadows juniors appear to be reasonable and Hillside 18s flying but neither senior side is close to being ready for promotion. Westmeadows flogged Hillside on the weekend but have an ageing list compared to Hillside.

How do Glenroy, Avondale improve???
Douttas copped a flogging on the weekend but a strong club. What’s the answer there??

Personally think a club should headhunt McGuane with a big offer to switch clubs. That might throw things sideways next season. BUT my point is how does a new coach bring players with the points system in place????? It can’t happen..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back