EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, if fit he’s the most influential player in the division. What I implying was that he needs to be moving well come finals for HS to win it. Last season he played 2 finals on one leg.
💯, they may have the opportunity to sit him out of a match or 2 towards end of season.
They should also experiment with other options up fwd so not be predictable to opposition.

Yep, when he was at Burnside they played a practice match against us in Ballarat.
IIRC he didn't play but was happy to have a chat with our guys after the match & share some knowledge on body use etc.
When no one would have held it against him if he were to just jump in the car & head back into town - it left a good impression.
Yes mate his a ripping fella. And his very entertaining to watch. Looks slightly fitter as well which should hold him in good stead this season. Has time for the kids and always says hello to people. What a player!! We need more like him in our game..Imo could easily play premier and do well. Plus want to be courageous standing in front of the big fella as he goes hard on the lead. Very fair player but if you got in his road look out. 😄

Yes mate his a ripping fella. And his very entertaining to watch. Looks slightly fitter as well which should hold him in good stead this season. Has time for the kids and always says hello to people. What a player!! We need more like him in our game..Imo could easily play premier and do well. Plus want to be courageous standing in front of the big fella as he goes hard on the lead. Very fair player but if you got in his road look out. 😄
Premier is a stretch.

Anyone here remember Daryll Bissett playing for Marby?
Covelli’s virtual twin!

Anyone here remember Daryll Bissett playing for Marby?
Covelli’s virtual twin!
I can’t recall him at Marby but heard of his legend down the Geelong/Bellarine area. Josh is real flashback to that era of FF’s, play out of the square and kick bags consistently. Been some legendary old school FF’s in this league over time, couple of my favs Simon Minton-Connell, Aaron James, Johnny Mac, Blake Albones. Jack Aziz was a huge man in Keilor’s goal square for a few seasons too. Rose & Galea in recent times

I can’t recall him at Marby but heard of his legend down the Geelong/Bellarine area. Josh is real flashback to that era of FF’s, play out of the square and kick bags consistently. Been some legendary old school FF’s in this league over time, couple of my favs Simon Minton-Connell, Aaron James, Johnny Mac, Blake Albones. Jack Aziz was a huge man in Keilor’s goal square for a few seasons too. Rose & Galea in recent times

I remember Garth Beasy from Oak Park kicking quite a few goals in the early 1990s…
Very similar build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Condos at Keilor was another..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think his definitely up to it especially if the ball movement is quicker. It doesn’t need to be perfect for him to take a contested mark due to his strength 1 out. Just an observation that’s all. 👍

On a very small ground and in a very good team, he'd hit the scoreboard.

But in the wrong situation, it'd be a bit of a mess in A grade.

Anyway, he's talented and character and appears to be a great guy. Love footy characters in this day and age. Should be more of them !

On a very small ground and in a very good team, he'd hit the scoreboard.

But in the wrong situation, it'd be a bit of a mess in A grade.

Anyway, he's talented and character and appears to be a great guy. Love footy characters in this day and age. Should be more of them !
I see it a bit differently I guess. On a big ground and if you can move it quick to him it gets the defenders very nervous. Hillsides ground suits him somewhat. I have noticed the Douttas ruckman from burnside is going well. Great to see these players taking on a challenge and competing well.
They doubted Covelli stepping up from Div 2 to Div 1 but his been a powerhouse performer.

I see it a bit differently I guess. On a big ground and if you can move it quick to him it gets the defenders very nervous. Hillsides ground suits him somewhat. I have noticed the Douttas ruckman from burnside is going well. Great to see these players taking on a challenge and competing well.
They doubted Covelli stepping up from Div 2 to Div 1 but his been a powerhouse performer.
Reckon he kicks 10-12 this week!

Marby with the bye this week. Followed by hillside and Ruppo

Interesting to see the hillside match up with no Plowman 2 weeks suspension.
First I've heard about a Plowman suspension, couldn't seem to see any tribunal results posted anywhere.
Any more light to shed on what happened? Maybe someone brought up his playing ability while at Carlton which could of set him over the edge...

Aaron James..... if only he didn't lose the plot and get him self suspended every second week he would of had a monstrous career.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, hard man but Always up for a coldie after the game!
Got a feeling Fred passed away fairly young?

Sorry to hear that… He game me a clip for being a young smartarse and we got along well when we were at the tribunal…
Good fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back