News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie has been great for us and we are in his bebt. However his time has been up for a while and he should have resigned after the cap fiaco late 2020.

Still to be hounded out this way doesn't help anything. It becomes an excuse to to make racism the Collingwood issue which has now been largely resolved and will save a lot of painful review for many others. The report and Sizer response in particular should get more ground and respect. it risks getting buried.

Instantly putting his arm around the LGBTQ community, trying to get someone onside

This is all related to him paying off Beams' gambling debts, in exchange for Beams being paid a minimum wage when he came back from Brisbane. The AFL got wind of it- hence Collingwood's catastrophic trade period where the AFL forced them to get under the cap in a hurry (when you included the amount Eddie paid in Beams' gambling debts, the Pies were well over), Beams was "retired" and Geoff Walsh exited quickly. I can guarantee you, that Eddie will not be President come round 1. The Pies will come out with a way to "expedite his exit" to "help the club move forward". The AFL are allowing Collingwood to manage their way out of this, but nobody involved with this episode will be around come round 1.

You and your cheating ways will not be missed Eddie.
You're welcome everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, now Buckley is in the gun too and that might allow them to be competitive again.

Is there a save Nathan campaign we can all join?

Imo Eddie is a prick and always pushed ahead his agendas as a media man and with his pull within the AFL.

But I don't actually believe he is a racist and I think it is a shame that he should be tarred as one.
I think it's a shame for him to go out with that as the apparent reason hanging in the air.
There are plenty of other reasons he should go but I personally don't think it's right he goes out stamped in this way.

And before anyone gets on their high horse at me I say this as a brown man.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
- Harvey Dent, Dark Knight

Feel sorry for Eddie that this is how he will be remembered and that all the good he has done for Collingwood will be over shadowed. He clearly isn't a racist but my god his public speaking (or lack thereof) and inability to let Collingwood be criticized made him look like an utter tit at times.

In hindsight he probably should have stood down following the absolute cluster **** of a trade period but alas it is what it is now. Will be interesting to see if Fox keep him on as a commentator.

Feel sorry for Eddie that this is how he will be remembered and that all the good he has done for Collingwood will for over shadowed. He clearly isn't a racist but my god his public speaking (or lack thereof) and inability to let Collingwood be criticized made him look like an utter tit at times.

In hindsight he probably should have stood down following the absolute cluster fu** of a trade period but alas it is what it is now. Will be interesting to see if Fox keep him on as a commentator.
Nah mate, he made his grave, he won't be forgotten by Collingwood people, we know what he did for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Eddie standing down at the end of next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back