Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you all rather delist over the next couple of years rather than him? You guys and girls are acting like he will have a 10 year career at Freo if he stays.
Well, considering we draft 3 players a year for 10 years as well as a 40 man senior list, there's about 69 other people that can be delisted over that time so I'm not sure why Robbo would be one of the 1st to go for a 21 y/o that's still clocking up more than 10 games a season in a side with the best depth it's had.

You think Dylan who is already depth and has been overtaken by new players already is going to hang on for ten years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks, free agent players, upgraded rookies etc etc . Gee sign him up on a 5 year deal.:)

In case you haven't already noticed, over half of every teams list is depth and they still get games, it's hard to predict what can happen in a week of footy let alone a year, let alone 10 years. You've got some serious Nostradamus going on there. And remind me again which newly draft players have overtaken him in his position?

Spurr and D. Pearce would play there before him if needed. There is also Forster to come through and Michie next year IMO. Luv is blind Nickos66. I think its the headband.:D

Spurr and D. Pearce would play there before him if needed. There is also Forster to come through and Michie next year IMO. Luv is blind Nickos66. I think its the headband.:D
I'll give you Spurr & Danyle, but not Forster or Michie.

I like the kid but I don't fly blind with any particular player. He'll come good somewhere else IMO.

I'll give you Spurr & Danyle, but not Forster or Michie.

I like the kid but I don't fly blind with any particular player. He'll come good somewhere else IMO.

Two out of four ain't bad.

I hope he has a good little career somewhere preferably on a list that has more long-term room for a pretty good player who will probably always fall just short of what is required to be best 22 on our current list.

Discarded from Freo, Bell, Clement, Medhurst, Polak, Burton, Abraham, McPhie, etc, all could play, some should never of left.
I like Roberton, and see a young Mcphie, a real competitor, skills need work, but something there.

Discarded from Freo, Bell, Clement, Medhurst, Polak, Burton, Abraham, McPhie, etc, all could play, some should never of left.
I like Roberton, and see a young Mcphie, a real competitor, skills need work, but something there.

If we have better players to play that position already on our list why does it matter if he turns out to be a good footballer. We have better. The lists are not big enough to hoard too much 2nd tier talent.

If we have better players to play that position already on our list why does it matter if he turns out to be a good footballer. We have better. The lists are not big enough to hoard too much 2nd tier talent.

i would like the club to try and change his, girlfriends mind, McPhie could be gone 2014, Faulks has had one game? Silvagni wasnt in our
best 22, Broughton traded, Anthony possibly gone, I think a position will open up for him, we could do worse.

i would like the club to try and change his, girlfriends mind, McPhie could be gone 2014, Faulks has had one game? Silvagni wasnt in our
best 22, Broughton traded, Anthony possibly gone, I think a position will open up for him, we could do worse.

Fundamentally we disagree on where he sits in the pecking order on our list and more so, where he will sit after another couple of trading and drafting periods. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. No doubt if Freo consider him a must keep they will try to make other arrangements with him, as you suggested, like they tried to do with Tarrant and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this snippet out of this article
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...erships-for-2013/story-e6frf9jf-1226509804670
"Meanwhile, Fremantle defender Dylan Roberton has been offered a new contract by the Dockers and could yet remain at the club next season.

Roberton, 21, requested a trade back home to Melbourne for personal reasons but no deal was done during the recent trade period.

It is believed the Dockers, who understand Roberton's desire to return to Victoria, genuinely tried to offload him for next to nothing but there was little interest in his services from the Melbourne-based clubs."
Maybe the headbanded maniac might be sticking around.

It is believed the Dockers, who understand Roberton's desire to return to Victoria, genuinely tried to offload him for next to nothing but there was little interest in his services from the Melbourne-based clubs."

Interesting if true. If no club was even prepared to take him as a freebie then he might not even find a home via the draft. It might convince him to stay.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...erships-for-2013/story-e6frf9jf-1226509804670
"Meanwhile, Fremantle defender Dylan Roberton has been offered a new contract by the Dockers and could yet remain at the club next season.

Roberton, 21, requested a trade back home to Melbourne for personal reasons but no deal was done during the recent trade period.

Thanks for the link Kepfan.

I reckon it would be a definite win for the club if he does stay. He would be a solid depth player next year, particularly in the absence of Broughton. He'll add a few more kgs to his frame over the next 12 months and I'll reckon his footy will really take a step forward. And he might have a bit of trade value by the end of the year - maybe we'll actually get something for him in 12 months (unless he and his Mrs realise how good a place WA is for bringing up children and decides to stay).

He knows where he stands with Freo. He's taking a big risk going into the draft to maybe be picked up by a club who might give him a game. He knows he will play AFL footy next year if he stays here. Hope we can keep him.

You have to turn the list over, but Bell and Clement the standouts there for me. Their careers took off once they left and were given decent opportunities. Clement was struggling to get a game in a backline which was already undersized with Parker preferred. Bell's character and determination ensured he got everything possible out of himself. And realistically they are a list of players who wanted to leave for more opportunities or other reasons (Clement, Bell, MacPhee), and also-rans.

I hope the new contract is adjusted accordingly to the prevailing market demands

Interesting if true. If no club was even prepared to take him as a freebie then he might not even find a home via the draft. It might convince him to stay.

Mate, can you honestly see Bond giving anything away for free? I reckon he sets up a stand out the front of his house to sell lemons for 8 bucks a pop on weekends. The guy is miserly at the trade table (whether or not that is to our detriment is arguable) but I wouldn't put too much faith in what info Journos are able to obtain in context to the truth. Reckon Bondy would have said, "ok we'll give you Roberton for nothing" then done the old cough into the hand trick and uttered softly "...but an early third round pick".

But Sroberton is even sillier. Dunno where you're're coming from there.

Can't trade him but can use him? I'd think the choice is simple.

Can't use him? Simple again.

Look, it's simple. Dylan was depth last year and if he stays at Fremantle he will be a depth player again, but only deeper.
The club needs them.
Dylan knows that, the club knows it and we nose it.

and yet crabs like Cale Morton and Matt Spangher were traded...Go figure.

Quite bizarre isn't it. Melbourne have to add six players to their list, Roberton would be instant best 22 on their list. For a team that has played fairly solid finals football two out of the last three years we don't get too much respect, I guess it helps us retain our players though.

I wonder if we will use all our picks after all if Robbo re-signs. I would think Cricketown and Forks would be chances to be delisted and rookied. Any word on Ibbo? I'm not on the Ibbo sucks bandwagon so really hoping he stays around.

Look, it's simple. Dylan was depth last year and if he stays at Fremantle he will be a depth player again, but only deeper.
The club needs them.
Dylan knows that, the club knows it and we nose it.
I ear he has started training his mustach and doing star jumps in a bid to get off the depth list and onto the width list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Roberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back