DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

You just don't want to do it though, Blair is a kid and Pies have depth so there's no JS and you'll be stuck. Unless a more solid rookie comes through in the mids, you'll just have to wait for Webberley to peak (round 18ish) and then downgrade Davis/Hitchcock (whichever is not playing or not scoring by then) and upgrade Webberley.

P.S. Webberley could well go above 230k if he keeps playing well.

Yes but I wouldn't really be relying on Blair too much. I would be using McNeil to play Hitchcock or Davis for midfield cover. I will be stuffed when I no doubt get more than 1 midfielder and forward going down at the same time but I think I should risk it as my aim is overall top 1000 and I think it will be very hard losing about 100 points playing Webberley instead of Gilbert for a few weeks.
I dono Im tossing it up a lot. Im usually safe with this stuff but this year it's paid off people who've been risky more often...so far though.
Probably leaning to being safe now though.

Yes but I wouldn't really be relying on Blair too much. I would be using McNeil to play Hitchcock or Davis for midfield cover. I will be stuffed when I no doubt get more than 1 midfielder and forward going down at the same time but I think I should risk it as my aim is overall top 1000 and I think it will be very hard losing about 100 points playing Webberley instead of Gilbert for a few weeks.
I dono Im tossing it up a lot. Im usually safe with this stuff but this year it's paid off people who've been risky more often...so far though.
Probably leaning to being safe now though.

McNeil's not that helpful because once you swap and he becomes your 9th forward, you've got one less forward cover, Davis has to play, and and if he or Hitchcock get dropped you're copping a 0. I.e. depth.

Fair enough if ranking is your aim but you may well burn in flames come league finals if you take that route IMO.

Connors and Swan or

Thompson and Montagna?

Bear in mind I need to win all remaining games to make the 8 and Ling will probably go to Thompson this week.

22gu53.jpg

5 trades 110K

Should I trade Harvey for Chapman?

I practically jizzed to that team...
It's freaking insane!
To be honest with you, I think you'd be better off upgrading Waters/Shaw to a Gilbert or a Lake or a top defender.

22gu53.jpg

5 trades 110K

Should I trade Harvey for Chapman?

I'm with swans4eva, that is an awesome squad. With 5 trades + cash, you're in a great position. If ever someone could mount a case for Harvey > Chappy, then it'd probably be you given your situation, but even still, I wouldn't. Harvey looks to have found some form, and Chappy is always a worry.

As for me...6 trades, $183k. Backline the obvious issue/s, but am resigned to keeping one of Kennelly or Hunt for the journey.

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Carrazzo, Kennelly, Hunt (Davis & Webberley)
M: Ablett, Montagna, Swan, Gibbs, Boyd, Muprhy (Rohan & Shuey)
R: Sandilands, NicNat (Trengove & Lobbe)
F: Franklin, ROK, Harvey, Goodes, J Brown, Hall, Rockliff (TDL & Roberts)

Only playing for league, am sitting 4th but with some tough fixtures ahead.

If JB plays this week, is it silly to be contemplating Hall > Pavlich; Kennelly/Hunt > Gilbert?

6 trades, 35k in the bank

... and yes, this is my weakest point. my best22 is ridiculously strong. (http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=70618&lid=1)

Chapman is absolutely killing me and is 30+pt better on average than Rockliff
Looking at Rockliff's average does not really do him justice. His past 5 matches his had a low of 98 or 99 which is far better then the current average it shows of 80-85 odd. Would it be better holding onto those trades for any 2+ week injuries which we are sure to see and hopefully this way you will avoid any zero's and gain 80-100 odd points by having a straight swap premium come in. Like you said, Chapman would look great in your team but on current form I don't think it is worthwhile trading out any of your forwards since they are all doing pretty well and Chapman does still have his own risks (although you have enough trades you could probably trade him out if his hamstring was to go ping).

Connors and Swan or

Thompson and Montagna?

Bear in mind I need to win all remaining games to make the 8 and Ling will probably go to Thompson this week.

is it even close?

Montagna and Swan are more or less a wash (broadly)
and connors versus Scott Thompson? my that is soooo far from close its not funny. one is a proven DT gun and the other is a young kid on a streak with massive disciplinary problems.

is it even close?

Montagna and Swan are more or less a wash (broadly)
and connors versus Scott Thompson? my that is soooo far from close its not funny. one is a proven DT gun and the other is a young kid on a streak with massive disciplinary problems.

Thanks for the perspective mate.

I'd appreciate some help please guys.

I have 6 trades and 118k.

I'm thinking that it is the right time to move on Eddie Betts (339k) and my main options as i see them are Pavlich (335k), Rioli (369k) or Didak (389k).
All 3 have the capacity to average 15 to 20 points minimum above Betts for the rest of the year, but I am leaning toward Rioli at the moment as I already have a DP link with my Mids, and he has a low BE this week.

I currently have Brown and Ballantyne on the bench, playing both Podsiadly and Rockliff. I also probably need to do a defensive upgrade, but will need to do 2 trades to achieve it.

This will leave me only 3 trades to see out the year.

My other options are to downgrade Betts to TDL or similar this week, or do nothing and see how Brown goes when he returns. These options will leave me with 4 trades for finals following my upgrade in defence.

I reckon if you have Brown you have to make a decision whether you're going to play him for the rest of the year, or else downgrade him.

Pods/Rockliffe can take the F7 spot (with Brown as F6) which will allow you to downgrade either Betts ro Ballantyne (and keep the other for cover)

Then use the cash to upgrade the backline.

I reckon if you bring in Didak, Rioli or PAV, you'll have too much quality on the bench.

FYI - if you do decide to upgrade Betts, i'd go Pav. Should get some more time in the guts with Barlow out, and Freo has a good run home.

What do you think of my team?

I'm currently on top of my main league ladder and am looking at facing a guy ranked in the top 30 overall in the GF, should i make it.

6 trades left, $20,200

BACKS: Goddard; Hodge; Enright; Waters; Gram; Shaw; Hargrave (Webberley; Strijk)

MIDS: Swan; Ablett; Boyd; Montagna; Bartel; Selwood (Rohan (DP); Gysberts)

RUCKS: Sandilands; Tippett (Hille; Warnock)

FORWARDS: Pavlich; Franklin; Giansiracusa; Higgins; Didak; Podsiadly; O'Keefe (Rockliffe, Lobbe)

Couple of questions:

1) Should i take the risk with Tippett as 2nd ruck (means i can trade Hille for lots of cash)

2) Should i trade Hille to Ryder, then i have Tippett and Rockliff effectively covering mids, rucks and forwards.

3) should i look at upgrading Waters??? He's been going well, but my opponetn has him too, so might be a chance to get the team a bit different. Probably last chance to go Gilbert with Waters' huge breakeven.

FYI - Waters has Geelong rd 22 at the Cattery. Got 155 last time, but can he do that again at Skilled?

4) Wouldn't mind going Riewoldt in the forwards, who would you trade from my forwards for Voldt (I'm looking at Gia or ROK)

Thanks for any feedback...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's on the extended bench and jesse white is an in (on the bench), could be a risk

i think nicnat is done, might trade for mumford and hold onto my last 4 trades
Jesse White won't come in for the swans this week, he'll stay in the reserves. TDL's main threat for holding his spot this week is Mattner. Mattner should come in for either him or Meredith. Meredith seems the more likely to be the exclusion, but it would be extremely harsh on either.

Not sure if i should go Ball > Ablett??? only real player not pulling their weight....although dangerfield > pav is also an option but danger seems to be hitting some kind of form.....have 3 trades and 88k....

need help guys :)

thx

Not sure if i should go Ball > Ablett??? only real player not pulling their weight....although dangerfield > pav is also an option but danger seems to be hitting some kind of form.....have 3 trades and 88k....

need help guys :)

thx

3 trades may be a worry but I'm gonna upgrade ball this week too.

I need some help please.

I've got Tony Armstrong in my starting 22 as a mid and would like to upgrade. I would have 364k to spend and my options are:

Armstrong > Pav / S Thompson / Stanton

What do you think?

Thinking of going this week

Hille-> Cox
Ball -> Boyd

Main reason is I really need a top 4 finish in my league and have a few hard games coming up.

Would only leave me with 2 trades but a pretty good side with decent cover.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back