Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s talk that this draft is pretty overrated.

I don’t know if it’s an overreaction or if that’s even the right word. But there’s a feeling that even though there’s a lot of depth in this draft, it’s hardly a super draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There is no JHF, Sheezel or Reid - a lot of good/decent talent but the top end isn’t anywhere near previous years.

An even draft more than super.

Last edited:
Great deal for North they get the player they want and another pick #11
But wont happen and way too much to give up for player thats 1 of 7 possible top picks

Richmond is not wed to any player in this group and will just take the highest rated
But i can see #6 + #18 / #20 maybe if they did want to move up

Blair is a tough negotiator and has danced with Brady before

Berry and Allan are the big movers

Lol. Why would we trade pick 2 for LESS than what it's worth?

Normally you would have to pay a bit of a premium to upgrade from 6 to 2. However given this draft is more even than usual, then it's reasonable to trade based on even points. If you go by the revised draft points system beginning next year, 6 and 10 or 6 and 11 is right in that ballpark. 6 and 18 is a flat out joke.

There's still a big difference between pick 2 and 6, even in this draft. Pick 2, you get whoever you want. Pick 6, you get whoever is left.

Richmond is going to trade out all their top picks after pick 1 in a deep draft for Norths pick 2 and F1.
Any trade for 2 will be how highly you rate the 2 best in the draft.

I would prefer to keep 2 and take Lalor or FOS. The raffle starts after that IMO.

Don’t care. We got a lot of 1st round talent in the last few years. Tigers are where we were in 2020.

I would rather quality than quantity and just bring in FOS or Lalor.
Yeah but Willy T hearts Tauru. Big throb.

Tauru at 2? Nah. You're trading back. Tauru and a good kid is better than Tauru and a dreg. You'll be able to get a good kid at 24.

My best offer is 6 & 24 for 2 & F2. Take it or leave it. Every chance pick 6 is a better player anyway so why would I bother?
lol every chance??

McKercher V Sanders
Ashcroft V Humphrey
Darcy v Rachele
Thiltorpe V DGB
Anderson V McAsey
Lukosius V B King
A Brayshaw V Stephenson
Taranto V SPS
Schache V Francis
Petracca V Marchbank
J Kelly Scharenberg

Only once in the last 11 years has 6 been better than 2. Lets just say you have a 10% chance 6 is better than 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but Willy T hearts Tauru. Big throb.

Tauru at 2? Nah. You're trading back. Tauru and a good kid is better than Tauru and a dreg. You'll be able to get a good kid at 24.
So North are desperate for Tauru, but willing to risk not getting him by dropping back a few spots for some trinkets?

Whilst Richmond supporters are clearly obsessed with pick 2, the club may not be. If they want pick 2 they'll pay a reasonable price to get it, if not they won't. No amount of postering and hubris will change that.

Pretty even I reckon, its top weighted with Vic Metro mids, but there will be some diamonds in the later picks.
Lawson Humphries again perhaps?

lol every chance??

McKercher V Sanders
Ashcroft V Humphrey
Darcy v Rachele
Thiltorpe V DGB
Anderson V McAsey
Lukosius V B King
A Brayshaw V Stephenson
Taranto V SPS
Schache V Francis
Petracca V Marchbank
J Kelly Scharenberg

Only once in the last 11 years has 6 been better than 2. Lets just say you have a 10% chance 6 is better than 2.
You've compared the wrong pick. Given the Ashcroft bid is coming within 6 you need to compare it to pick 7.

Pick 7 includes Ryder, J Selwood, D Rich, J Lewis, Scrimshaw, Hopper, H Young & Windsor.

Its also the most even 1st 7 in most recruiters memories.

Nice try but we aint given you shite.

You've compared the wrong pick. Given the Ashcroft bid is coming within 6 you need to compare it to pick 7. Leave it with ya
Yet you said pick 6 will be as good as pick 2?

McKercher V Windsor
Ashcroft V mcKenzie
Darcy v Ward
Thiltorpe V Hollands
Anderson V Young
Lukosius V Smith
A Brayshaw V Clark
Taranto V Scrimshaw
Schache V Hopper
Petracca V Ahern
J Kelly v Aish

Easily pick 2 again. Maybe do some research before posting.

We had 5 picks in the top 25 last year - we aren't desperate for picks and unless we get a good offer just take the 2nd best 18 year old in the country.
Not sure how many times we need to tell you this. We don't want pick 2!!!!!! We are happy with what we have. We'll trade our last couple for 1st rounders next year and take at least 6 1st rounders this year.

Yet you said pick 6 will be as good as pick 2?

McKercher V Windsor
Ashcroft V mcKenzie
Darcy v Ward
Thiltorpe V Hollands
Anderson V Young
Lukosius V Smith
A Brayshaw V Clark
Taranto V Scrimshaw
Schache V Hopper
Petracca V Ahern
J Kelly v Aish

Easily pick 2 again. Maybe do some research before posting.
I see you left out J Selwood. That one didn't suit your narrative?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back