Domestic violence

Remove this Banner Ad

OK mete.

Sorry I interrupted. Masculinity is a requirement for young men.

Most of the issues he discusses weren't a problem until these divisive and negative terms were invented.

We don't need good role models like a good father or a good husband or a good friend etc. We need being a man intrinsically linked to masculinity, without really being able to define what that is.

He managed to use the term 'safe space', which is almost exclusively used as a pejorative. But he is an academic, so he'd understand the nuance and context I guess.

bleh bleh.

I'm not too sure what you think I've been posting about but it seems like you had a pre-determined outcome in mind and this wasn't really a discussion at all.

What was my pre-determined outcome??

I thought it was an interesting discussion around the need for terms like masculinity, and how it can be used to improve outcomes for young people.

You're not interested, and that's not a problem.

If you think there's something I'm missing, please take a minute to explain it to me.

This entire post basically ignored anything I'd posted.

Either you've entirely misread the Instagram comment and the ensuing comments by people in this thread, or you had a pre-determined outcome you were always going to post (as per below) and were just waiting to do so irrespective of what was said.

OK mete.

Sorry I interrupted. Masculinity is a requirement for young men.

Most of the issues he discusses weren't a problem until these divisive and negative terms were invented.

We don't need good role models like a good father or a good husband or a good friend etc. We need being a man intrinsically linked to masculinity, without really being able to define what that is.

He managed to use the term 'safe space', which is almost exclusively used as a pejorative. But he is an academic, so he'd understand the nuance and context I guess.

bleh bleh.

This entire post basically ignored anything I'd posted.

Either you've entirely misread the Instagram comment and the ensuing comments by people in this thread, or you had a pre-determined outcome you were always going to post (as per below) and were just waiting to do so irrespective of what was said.

CM86 will often do this, and has a remarkable ability to take 1 + 1 and have it equal a purple monkey dishwasher

You didn't say anything, you just ignored what I'd posted to refer me to the Instagram post again.

I posted that, because twice you just told me about the two terms from the Instagram post, rather than engage with anything I said.

So I've posted the opposite of what I was trying to put across, out of frustration of getting snubbed off twice when trying to actually have a discussion on a topic.

So all good. I'll let you go back to the conversation I'm not capable of understanding, due to whatever pre-determined outcome I was setting up.

I posted the Instagram post where a men's mental health researcher was saying that negative terms like 'toxic masculinity' and 'crisis of masculinity' are problematic for trying to engage with young men in positive ways rather than being divisive things.

You seemed to focus on 'define masculinity' and then 'we don't need the term masculinity' as discussion points, which isn't really relevant to his comment about the language used being negative and divisive, and not helping to connect with young men and build positive relationships.

Defining masculinity isn't really necessary in order to not use the term masculinity in largely negative ways, and result in alienating young men. Which as a men's mental health researcher, I assume he has some level of insight in to.

There was a distressed teenage female in my front yard yesterday when I was back for lunch, looked genuinely scared looking back down the street and holding her arm like she may have been hit. Only found out 20 minutes after as it was on my cameras, called the cops and they had already sent someone.
Way home today she was out the front of their house down the road with her arm now in a sling..

Remove this Banner Ad

Domestic violence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back