Domestic Violence Epidemic

Remove this Banner Ad

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
So many DV-related tragedies in Australia the last few years. Not sure it's getting any better, they tend not to be major/complex news/investigation/courtroom events, so a thread dedicated to tracking these serious crimes may be warranted.

While Bekkie-Rae Curren-Trinca lay dying on the floor of her south-west Victorian home, her killer Paul Philip McDonough, (now?) 41, called triple-0 from a payphone down the road.

Days before he came home and found her packing her bags, Bekkie-Rae sent a chilling text to her killer

Key points:​

• Paul Philip McDonough, 41, has been sentenced to 11 years and six months behind bars over the death of Bekkie-Rae Curren-Trinca
  • McDonough had been released on bail on the day of the deadly assault, which was described by doctors as the "worst case of domestic violence" they had seen
  • McDonough was originally going to be tried for murder, but ultimately pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter in December 2022

Paul Philip McDonough knew his partner was badly hurt, potentially fatally, but he did little to help. He dialled emergency services and told the operator there was a "lady who needs help" at his Warrnambool address. He did not explain why he had called or render any assistance to his dying girlfriend. McDonough hung up the phone and drove to a mate's house.

When paramedics arrived at McDonough's apartment, they saw Ms Curren-Trinca – a 28-year-old mother of one – lying topless in bed, bruised and covered in blood. She was flown to hospital in Melbourne in a critical condition and died seven days later from blunt force trauma to the head.

In the days leading up to her death, she had warned McDonough that one day he would go too far.

In a series of chilling text messages, Ms Curren-Trinca told McDonough, "You could easily kill me. I get angry because my daughter needs me and you could easily take that away from her," she wrote.

Ms Curren-Trinca had spoken to domestic violence services in Warrnambool and was ready to turn McDonough over to police.

The Victorian Supreme Court heard McDonough had been released on bail on the day of the assault.

:mad:

"The events of November 2019 are full of red flags," Justice Mandy Fox said during sentencing. "Ms Curren-Trinca was at risk of serious domestic violence, but as subsequent events showed, she was unable to escape that risk."

More than 1,250 days later, McDonough has been sentenced to to 11 years and six months behind bars with a non-parole period of eight years and six months.

11 years is a DISGRACE.

:mad:

Last edited:

No motive has been offered, he killed his wife Elaine Pandilovski and then took pictures of her body.

No motive has been offered, he killed his wife Elaine Pandilovski and then took pictures of her body.

Then stuffed her in closet before being in a high speed crash. Complete lunatic and lucky he didn’t kill more people that day.

2 total POS. Why are our tax dollars used to sustain the lives of these scumbags.

And as others have expressed - 11 f***ing years for a sustained assault that's as good as premeditated murder! HTF is that remotely classed as "manslaughter"?!
What the hell is wrong with our justice system?

I assume it (unfortunately) comes down to what they can prove to the satisfactory level required.

Harder to prove murder, so at risk of no conviction at all, they go for manslaughter.

Ok first, the pet rabbits I’ve ever owned don’t even do anything, they barely even make noise so how TF do you become frustrated enough to kill them?

Plus he’s a wife beater and a sexual deviant with revenge on his mind.

This is one dangerously unstable character so lock him up before it’s too late. Even better, castrate him! Goddamn bunny boiler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
In the past week, eight women have died due to alleged domestic violence in Australia.

Shocking article. 103 arrested already had outstanding warrants and 22 guns are seized whilst AVO’s are simply ignored by the perps.

These victims are in a hopeless situation and not many who make the laws or enforce them seem to care one bit. I’m surprised suicide isn’t more of a player here. Disgrace.

If these victims reported that the spouse was cooking meth or had a pill press I bet the cops would be on the scene in a jiffy with bells on. 🤦🏻‍♂️

They need to lock these people up well before these things happen. You can tell the type of angry violent male who treats his parent terribly.

Most women leave these types of partners some stay and get abused it’s very sad.

Canberra man Shay Kahu Murphy sentenced to 14 years in jail for raping and assaulting ex-partners​

• Shay Kahu Murphy has been jailed for assaulting four of his ex-partners
  • Murphy was found guilty of 17 charges, including three of rape and nine of assault
  • The court heard he waterboarded one victim and spat phlegm in the eye of another
WARNING: DISTURBING/TRIGGERING CONTENT

Canberra man sentenced to 14 years in jail for raping and assaulting multiple ex-partners

14 years not nearly enough for this stain. Should be 14 years per partner.

Canberra man Shay Kahu Murphy sentenced to 14 years in jail for raping and assaulting ex-partners​

• Shay Kahu Murphy has been jailed for assaulting four of his ex-partners
  • Murphy was found guilty of 17 charges, including three of rape and nine of assault
  • The court heard he waterboarded one victim and spat phlegm in the eye of another
WARNING: DISTURBING/TRIGGERING CONTENT

Canberra man sentenced to 14 years in jail for raping and assaulting multiple ex-partners

14 years not nearly enough for this stain. Should be 14 years per partner.
Thank goodnes, this bloke is a shitbag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back