D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the VAFA website shows Albert Park is to play a home game at their ground (Oval 20) in Round 10 (24 June). Having walked over it yesterday, I don't see how. The centre square is roped off, the east wing (near the interchange slot) is under a white plastic tarp, and the turf has not knitted to the ground properly - it looks like it was just rolled out. You can walk over it in sneakers, but playing on it would rip it apart. AP will be lucky to play a home game there this year, imo.

I haven't seen AP play this year, but the VAFA site says they've played two home games at Oval 1. This is the oval in the far south west corner of Albert Park Reserve (next to St Kilda Park Primary). It's somewhere to play, but there's no facilities whatsoever - and no shelter.

If the Grand Prix is to be run in April every year (I don't know whether this year was a one off or what), this is going to be a major issue for AP. Poor treatment of a local club.

I see the VAFA website shows Albert Park is to play a home game at their ground (Oval 20) in Round 10 (24 June). Having walked over it yesterday, I don't see how. The centre square is roped off, the east wing (near the interchange slot) is under a white plastic tarp, and the turf has not knitted to the ground properly - it looks like it was just rolled out. You can walk over it in sneakers, but playing on it would rip it apart. AP will be lucky to play a home game there this year, imo.

I haven't seen AP play this year, but the VAFA site says they've played two home games at Oval 1. This is the oval in the far south west corner of Albert Park Reserve (next to St Kilda Park Primary). It's somewhere to play, but there's no facilities whatsoever - and no shelter.

If the Grand Prix is to be run in April every year (I don't know whether this year was a one off or what), this is going to be a major issue for AP. Poor treatment of a local club.

Happened last year. Had to move first game back to away. Ground was too dangerous but both Parks Vic and VAFA signed it off which was a disgrace. Would sink 30cm into the ground at far end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a large scuffle/fight broke out on Saturday between St Johns and NB... Is anyone sensing a common denominator when these events occur?
Dare say a few others might comment on previous experiences this season with a certain club

I see a large scuffle/fight broke out on Saturday between St Johns and NB... Is anyone sensing a common denominator when these events occur?
Dare say a few others might comment on previous experiences this season with a certain club

Just push and shove stuff or something more?

From what I have seen this season there seems to be a bit more 👊.

I am all for flying the flag but scuffles starting over legit tackles or fair bumps is not on.

Ventured down to watch the game, was a really close one with St Johns going with NB until the scuffle broke out. Some NB players were targeting one of the defenders from St Johns for most of the first half and the scuffle broke out after a NB player kicked a goal and ran into him. After the scuffle NB piled on the goals and it was game over from there. Looking at the teams on the VAFA website it does seem like NB were missing a few from their best 22.

Side note also noticed that the Decarne brothers played ressies for Masala on Saturday? Wonder what has happened there and if that led to their loss against BHN?

Ventured down to watch the game, was a really close one with St Johns going with NB until the scuffle broke out. Some NB players were targeting one of the defenders from St Johns for most of the first half and the scuffle broke out after a NB player kicked a goal and ran into him. After the scuffle NB piled on the goals and it was game over from there. Looking at the teams on the VAFA website it does seem like NB were missing a few from their best 22.

Side note also noticed that the Decarne brothers played ressies for Masala on Saturday? Wonder what has happened there and if that led to their loss against BHN?

How's the night game? is the ground well lit?

How's the night game? is the ground well lit?
They play on the main ground for the night game which is next to the grandstand, which is a much better experience for spectators as you have a place to sit that is sheltered. Lighting was decent, was speaking with one of the St Johns supporters who said the timeslot of the game was better then the previous night game. Apparently you couldn't see half the ground because the mist came through.

Remove this Banner Ad

D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back