D2 Division 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="bedford, post: 60866708, member: 51934"

]Very true , but 1 last week nearly cost us . I like when they put an old wise one with a young one , as long as the old one has been good.[/QUOTE]
Great when they do that. I actually founded GE when it was called South Caulfield in 1970 and have seen umpires come and go. An apprenticeship system would be great . As you suggested . In those years I've seen some great umpires and some woeful ones. It's sad that there aren't too many new ones coming through the ranks hence older ones are hanging in. Even in the reserves it's difficult. One of our reserves umps is over 70 because retired players just don't want the job. Maybe more money may be the answer.

[QUOTE="bedford, post: 60866708, member: 51934"

]Very true , but 1 last week nearly cost us . I like when they put an old wise one with a young one , as long as the old one has been good.
Great when they do that. I actually founded GE when it was called South Caulfield in 1970 and have seen umpires come and go. An apprenticeship system would be great . As you suggested . In those years I've seen some great umpires and some woeful ones. It's sad that there aren't too many new ones coming through the ranks hence older ones are hanging in. Even in the reserves it's difficult. One of our reserves umps is over 70 because retired players just don't want the job. Maybe more money may be the answer.[/QUOTE]

Is that bald bloke over 70?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great when they do that. I actually founded GE when it was called South Caulfield in 1970 and have seen umpires come and go. An apprenticeship system would be great . As you suggested . In those years I've seen some great umpires and some woeful ones. It's sad that there aren't too many new ones coming through the ranks hence older ones are hanging in. Even in the reserves it's difficult. One of our reserves umps is over 70 because retired players just don't want the job. Maybe more money may be the answer.

Is that bald bloke over 70?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]
No

What have they got to do with Ormond , trust me Ormond might have been arrogant in the halcyon days , but not now with such a young list of terrific kids . Please don't put us in the Phantom class . Where the f is his old mate Gun ?

Apparently Gunn island has been identified, I hear that a week or so ago he was behind the combine coaches box and they figured it out... rumour circling that a photo has been taken!!!

Apparently Gunn island has been identified, I hear that a week or so ago he was behind the combine coaches box and they figured it out... rumour circling that a photo has been taken!!!

We can all breath a sigh of relief , especially the founder from 1970 and the present coach.

went and watched Yarra v mhob today, didn’t see that coming! Barker did his string in the third after looking dangerous - hope he’s ok.

No doubt Yarra will cry injuries and outs as they have all year but mhsob have 4 or 5 of their genuine top 10 out including 2 stars - K Smith (wrist) 76 goals last year. S braithwaite (ACL) 13 goals in 2 games this year and some other key players. Beat them fair and square.

went and watched Yarra v mhob today, didn’t see that coming! Barker did his string in the third after looking dangerous - hope he’s ok.

No doubt Yarra will cry injuries and outs as they have all year but mhsob have 4 or 5 of their genuine top 10 out including 2 stars - K Smith (wrist) 76 goals last year. S braithwaite (ACL) 13 goals in 2 games this year and some other key players. Beat them fair and square.

Saw this game today, MHSOB did win fair and square, jumped Yarra from the 1st quarter and never really looked back. Barker looked ominous before grabbing his string, Yarra clearly have a bit of wortk to do! High looked good, 22 player effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks looked by far the better side yesterday and at one stage was 41 points up in the second but ran out of legs. Full credit to our boys who never gave in and should have won by more in the end.

Tight game at Melbourne High today. We fought hard but they were a little too strong in body and experience. Melbourne High will be a finals challenger while the wins aren't far away for us.

Great day at Packer Park . Seniors won , reserves by over 40 goals , under 19s and ladies were winners. Clubbies lost. Bulleen guys were great and stayed back for a drink. They celebrated a player breaking their senior club game record of over 270 games. Both clubs presented him accordingly with the game ball and a slab. Well done great effort.

Tight game at Melbourne High today. We fought hard but they were a little too strong in body and experience. Melbourne High will be a finals challenger while the wins aren't far away for us.

Hey buddy I was watching live scores and saw it was pretty close 1/2 time.
I picked MH to finish 4th so after slow start they have found their feet. Who are you playing next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back