D1 Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Bedford, mind you I was at a club about 2 weeks ago not far from the Monders ground delivering stock and the word was that they have made an application to join the SFL from the VAFA as they are sick of the treatment and the travel....

You are right Bedford, mind you I was at a club about 2 weeks ago not far from the Monders ground delivering stock and the word was that they have made an application to join the SFL from the VAFA as they are sick of the treatment and the travel....
That would be the last place we would go. I don't know what treatment you are talking about and have never heard anyone complaining about the travel, except for the 19's who were put in the wrong grade

That would be the last place we would go. I don't know what treatment you are talking about and have never heard anyone complaining about the travel, except for the 19's who were put in the wrong grade
Sorry Bedford my previous post did not mention Ormond as the club it is a club not far from the monders ground down North rd a bit....

Trying to follow the point you're trying to make, Perspective, is a bit like trying to tip Carlton.
One minute you're talking about a Club up the road from Ormond going to the SFL and the next you are talking
about what's going to happen at Ormond's AGM.
Is it possible for you to be a wee bit more succinct?

Trying to follow the point you're trying to make, Perspective, is a bit like trying to tip Carlton.
One minute you're talking about a Club up the road from Ormond going to the SFL and the next you are talking
about what's going to happen at Ormond's AGM.
Is it possible for you to be a wee bit more succinct?
Most of his posts are about the shit footy league, so i reckon he's just trolling

Thanks mate, it was a good day, but felt sorry for Chops who gave up the Willy job
Simply,we supply many clubs with our products and we speak with clubs in 3 or 4 competitions and I have heard from a very prominent figure at a club just off North rd up past Warrigal rd that have had meetings with a neighbouring league. Also very strong discussion at OAFC with relation to finances...mmmm keep up boys. The reference to Bedford and SEN is that he was on SEN the other day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seniors.
NOBS V Peninsula by 17 points
Old Geelong V Whitefriars by 45 points

Reserves:
Old Geelong V Peninsula by 10 points
MHSOB V Whitefriars by 26 points

Bad blokes are we bedford? Don't be like that, I was going to offer you the opportunity of coming to one of our board meetings to teach you how not to run your club into the ground, but now I'm not so sure.

Sorry mate this is the d1 board, I think you may be lost.

Now to the finals.

September arrives and the weather starts to improve. The forecast on Saturday is for a relatively fine day with 25kph SW winds. At Elsternwick Park, that translates to around 35kph winds blowing across the ground.
Anyone who hasn't played at VAFA headquarters are in for a surprise. A deceptively big ground with an ordinary surface that inclines to the boundaries. The biggest factor is the wind that can blow there when its not blowing anywhere else.

I recall Jack Mihocek's comments a few weeks ago regarding NOBs playing on their muddy, boggy home ground in 5 of the last 8 games. A smallish ground putting a lot of stress on the legs with plenty of mud.
I'm tipping the Pirates to be better runners and move into the Granny by 5 goals.

In the Ressies on Saturday, its a line ball with both the Oggers and the Pirates evenly matched. I'll tip the Pirates by a goal after knocking off the Oggers last week.

Sunday is forecast to be light winds but that means it'll still be windy at Elsternwick Park.
Old Geelong will despatch the Friars with ease, I reckon - at least 6 goals.

In the Ressies, I'm tipping MHSOB to relish the wide open spaces and dispense with Whitefriars by 4+ goals.

Sorry, Bedford, you are going to have to deal with that Donvale mob for another season.
Let's hope that Whitefriars departure from the finals will see the end of Kruzering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back