Whitefriars vs. Williamstown

Selections for tomorrow

Selections for tomorrow:

Bulleen Templestowe vs. Banyule
Old Geelong vs. North Old Boys
Old Paradians vs. Parkdale
Old Mentonians vs. Peninsula
Whitefriars vs. Williamstown

Willy look the goods if they can play all games at home, premiership contenders i think not!!

was jogging past old paradians football ground saturday afternoon to find to be watching the reserves play parkdale vultures,was a very tight nit game but parkdale just seemed to have to much skill,was wondering why at the end of the quarter steve edkins spoiled his own team mate and reid- leading goal kicker of parkdale was looking for a free kick?only to find the umpire telling him it was his own team mate and wouldnt of been a free kick anyway.do the parky boys hate eachother deep down?or do they just party too hard the night before and dont know what they are doing in the morning.might of been the jetlag,but seems that hit williamstown more,does wlmtownprems have anything to say about their performance,seems wong cant handle the long drives, might be playing the wong game and should stay at the local townhall and play tuesdaynight table tennis competition

over and out,tabscott

was jogging past old paradians football ground saturday afternoon to find to be watching the reserves play parkdale vultures,was a very tight nit game but parkdale just seemed to have to much skill,was wondering why at the end of the quarter steve edkins spoiled his own team mate and reid- leading goal kicker of parkdale was looking for a free kick?only to find the umpire telling him it was his own team mate and wouldnt of been a free kick anyway.do the parky boys hate eachother deep down?or do they just party too hard the night before and dont know what they are doing in the morning.might of been the jetlag,but seems that hit williamstown more,does wlmtownprems have anything to say about their performance,seems wong cant handle the long drives, might be playing the wong game and should stay at the local townhall and play tuesdaynight table tennis competition

over and out,tabscott

Thats possibly the worst post ever written. What is the reason behind sharing that rubbish? Obviously wlmtownprems wouldnt have a clue because its extremly likely he isnt from the williamstown football club. Also the wong jokes have been done (maybe a little funny the 1st time, but certainly not a joke that gets better with age), and if you look at the results he kicked 3 of his teams 7 goals in a team that got beaten very convincingly.

Thats possibly the worst post ever written. What is the reason behind sharing that rubbish? Obviously wlmtownprems wouldnt have a clue because its extremly likely he isnt from the williamstown football club. Also the wong jokes have been done (maybe a little funny the 1st time, but certainly not a joke that gets better with age), and if you look at the results he kicked 3 of his teams 7 goals in a team that got beaten very convincingly.

sorry roger smith i didnt realise you were from williamstown and are abit beatan up from the loss on the weekend,seems like you guys cant win a game away from home,i heard the williamstown ground doesnt even have a fence barrier and players nearly get blown off the field from gale force winds.seems like the only thing that is keeping the players down there is the hot trainer, could the loss of happened from the trainer not venturing down to friars?

roger that?over and out

Bit of a mix up down at Friar park yesterday with willy sending over their 3rds side instead of the seniors. Still they fought hard all day despite their coach continually calling their performance "embarrasing" muliple times during the half time break (amoungst some other dissapointing language that really has no place in ammos football).

Found it amusing that while the friars were getting a good rub from the umps the coaches and supporters from willy standing next to the interchange were continually abusing the umpires as if doing so would get them onside.

Also I don't understand the hype about the short fat willy forward. He really let his team mates down with a refusal to chase or do any of the team things. Only thing he did all day was kick a couple of junk time goals on a second gamer and stick his knees in cheaply and dangerously in a last quarter contest.

A culmination of factors led to Willy's disappointing loss on the weekend, the biggest being the fact we were out played. Willy is not going to deny that. We'll regroup, have a big week on the track and then go out next week like it's a new game. A week is a long time in football. While we can add many viable excuses to the list, it's not going to change the result. As a player i'll be the first to admit we were probably a little under-estimating of our opponent, a mistake we will not make again. Add that to the fact we had 5 key senior omissions prior to the game and lost two key play makers in Gray and Wong from the first quarter. You note Wong didn't run all day, simply cause he couldn't. He played out of the square in patches doing what he could.

Not once have anyone from Willy chirped up about premiership favs, being superstars at the Fearon or any other garbage you gits talk about. Honestly some of you are starting to sound like try hard Herald Sun reporters. Perhaps watching a little too much Sunday Night.

In other football news. Friars played a great game in perfect conditions. Everything went well for them. They have a nice ground out there and used the space well. Worked well pushing defensively and attacking over the ground. They'll do well this season and were accommodating after the game. Only downside is they ran out of hot dogs after my second.

A culmination of factors led to Willy's disappointing loss on the weekend, the biggest being the fact we were out played. Willy is not going to deny that. We'll regroup, have a big week on the track and then go out next week like it's a new game. A week is a long time in football. While we can add many viable excuses to the list, it's not going to change the result. As a player i'll be the first to admit we were probably a little under-estimating of our opponent, a mistake we will not make again. Add that to the fact we had 5 key senior omissions prior to the game and lost two key play makers in Gray and Wong from the first quarter. You note Wong didn't run all day, simply cause he couldn't. He played out of the square in patches doing what he could.

Not once have anyone from Willy chirped up about premiership favs, being superstars at the Fearon or any other garbage you gits talk about. Honestly some of you are starting to sound like try hard Herald Sun reporters. Perhaps watching a little too much Sunday Night.

In other football news. Friars played a great game in perfect conditions. Everything went well for them. They have a nice ground out there and used the space well. Worked well pushing defensively and attacking over the ground. They'll do well this season and were accommodating after the game. Only downside is they ran out of hot dogs after my second.

5 of your best missing? .....Is that all?

Amazing how quickly Wong was running on the lead, or celebrating a junk time goal. Seemed he was only hindered when he had to chase the other way.

Now, now that might explain why he got so annoyed at having to kick a goal from the edge of the square rather than inside the square and even after kicking it still complained some more even though everyone else in the ground saw it was outside

But the Willy supporters abusing the umpires when 90 points down was a classic :D

I have been highly critical of them but with those 2 from last game probably back in D4 it was fantastic to have 2 high quality umpires out at Friar park yesterday, no way they belong in Division 1 but we will be happy to have them every week

I am sure Willy will bounce back, will be a bloody tough game when we visit there later in the year and by the end of the year they might remember how to play on proper grounds, it was obvious in the 1st qtr which they dominated play yet got beaten comfortably on the scoreboard they were struggling with the larger ground

After this week might have to add Peninsula to the relegation battle alongside Old Mentonians, Old Paradians and Bulleen Temp

Now, now that might explain why he got so annoyed at having to kick a goal from the edge of the square rather than inside the square and even after kicking it still complained some more even though everyone else in the ground saw it was outside

But the Willy supporters abusing the umpires when 90 points down was a classic :D

I have been highly critical of them but with those 2 from last game probably back in D4 it was fantastic to have 2 high quality umpires out at Friar park yesterday, no way they belong in Division 1 but we will be happy to have them every week

I am sure Willy will bounce back, will be a bloody tough game when we visit there later in the year and by the end of the year they might remember how to play on proper grounds, it was obvious in the 1st qtr which they dominated play yet got beaten comfortably on the scoreboard they were struggling with the larger ground

After this week might have to add Peninsula to the relegation battle alongside Old Mentonians, Old Paradians and Bulleen Temp

Quality Umpires??? Surely you jest? The fact that the umps allowed Whitefriars to replace a player after being red carded and then not even paying a free kick against for that indescretion was just plain embarrassing....

Bit of a mix up down at Friar park yesterday with willy sending over their 3rds side instead of the seniors. Still they fought hard all day despite their coach continually calling their performance "embarrasing" muliple times during the half time break (amoungst some other dissapointing language that really has no place in ammos football).

Found it amusing that while the friars were getting a good rub from the umps the coaches and supporters from willy standing next to the interchange were continually abusing the umpires as if doing so would get them onside.

Also I don't understand the hype about the short fat willy forward. He really let his team mates down with a refusal to chase or do any of the team things. Only thing he did all day was kick a couple of junk time goals on a second gamer and stick his knees in cheaply and dangerously in a last quarter contest.
The CY's are a very proud club and to play the way we did was in fact embarrassing. We are not afraid to say that so I am not sure why you question the coach in saying that. If your team went out and showed lack of effort, I am sure your club, especially the coach, would feel the same way.

Let's just hope it was one of those days. In regards to the Umps, I thought they were pretty average overall and that was for both teams. The red card was a debacle and there is no way anyone can support the Umps on that one.

With NOB's losing, it looks like it will be an even comp. Who are the new flag fav's and there is now a fight as to who will be relegated.

Love suburban footy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CY's are a very proud club and to play the way we did was in fact embarrassing. We are not afraid to say that so I am not sure why you question the coach in saying that. If your team went out and showed lack of effort, I am sure your club, especially the coach, would feel the same way.

Let's just hope it was one of those days. In regards to the Umps, I thought they were pretty average overall and that was for both teams. The red card was a debacle and there is no way anyone can support the Umps on that one.

With NOB's losing, it looks like it will be an even comp. Who are the new flag fav's and there is now a fight as to who will be relegated.

Love suburban footy!!

I felt like the Friars were getting the Marjority or the free kicks but probably due to my bias I thought they were mostly all there.

To be fair to the umps those cards are always confusing.

is it
yellow, player in off for 15
Red, Player is off for 15 and can't be replaced
Black, Player is off all day and can't be replaced
??

Also CYs if you don't bite back to my jibes it is not very fun for anyone...

I think with the red it depends on umpires discretion whether the player can be replaced or not.

I believe the main difference between yellow/red is that with the red the player is reported.

Umpires did their best in a difficult situation given 1 team was playing the man for the 1st half

Despite 1 supposed minor problem, their decision making was by far the best we have had in Division 1 for a long time

As for cards, unless changed very recently

Yellow is usually just an audible obsenity or some minor non reportable offences, player is off for 12 minutes but can be replaced immediately

Red is a reported offence, is off the field and cannot be replaced for 12 minutes

Black is a serious reported offence, cannot return at all and cannot be replaced for 12 minutes

The umpiring at the Friars v Willy game was very ordinary. But let me state from the get-go that, as a CYs person, they had absolutely zero influence on the result or the margin. And hopefully every Willy player and supporter knows and accepts that.
To their credit, when the umps were walking off at half-time, they acknowledged they had erred in the red-card fiasco. My question is: how on earth did they pick out an indiscretion by a Friars player amidst that melee, then report him for "attempting to strike"? I hope he appeals and beats the charge.
And, Kruzering, regarding your comment "Still they fought hard all day despite their coach continually calling their performance "embarrasing" muliple times during the half time break (amoungst some other dissapointing language that really has no place in ammos football)" beggars belief. Do you expect us all to believe that no-one from Friars ever swears? Surely what is said in the rooms should stay in the rooms? It is not the CYs coach's fault that the windows were wide open and every man and his dog was listening in.
Unlike the Friars' seconds coach, whose expletive-laden spray ON the ground in full view of all and sundry, really does have no place in the Ammos.

Umpires did their best in a difficult situation given 1 team was playing the man for the 1st half

Despite 1 supposed minor problem, their decision making was by far the best we have had in Division 1 for a long time

As for cards, unless changed very recently

Yellow is usually just an audible obsenity or some minor non reportable offences, player is off for 12 minutes but can be replaced immediately

Red is a reported offence, is off the field and cannot be replaced for 12 minutes

Black is a serious reported offence, cannot return at all and cannot be replaced for 12 minutes
Eddie - Sending a guy off when he got a red card AND was able to be replaced is incorrect. Therefore it is NOT a minor problem at all. Also to that, how the hell did 'Friars get to keep the ball which resulted in a goal AFTER he reported and sent off?? just a 'little' oversight??
If you think we went for the man in the first half, I would like to see you play against Parkdale! You wont last a 1/4. When we played them, yes they went the man but I am not at all complaining about it because that is footy and if you dont like teams going the man in a fair way go and play Lawn Bowls for Donvale Bowls Club.

Also - Black card I think results in the guy not playing for rest of game, but can be replaced. Correct me if I am wrong. I have been playing for the last few years, and we still dont know what the rules are. Maybe they havent reached over the West Gate yet!

Eddie - Sending a guy off when he got a red card AND was able to be replaced is incorrect. Therefore it is NOT a minor problem at all. Also to that, how the hell did 'Friars get to keep the ball which resulted in a goal AFTER he reported and sent off?? just a 'little' oversight??
If you think we went for the man in the first half, I would like to see you play against Parkdale! You wont last a 1/4. When we played them, yes they went the man but I am not at all complaining about it because that is footy and if you dont like teams going the man in a fair way go and play Lawn Bowls for Donvale Bowls Club.

Also - Black card I think results in the guy not playing for rest of game, but can be replaced. Correct me if I am wrong. I have been playing for the last few years, and we still dont know what the rules are. Maybe they havent reached over the West Gate yet!
Yes they can be replaced but not straight away, like a red card the team must play a man down for 12 minutes

As for not reversing it, not really an oversight, when its one teams cheap acts that started the brawl it would be unfair to then give them the ball, probably found it easier to send off 1 Friars player than all the CYMS players responsible...

I was expecting as were some others a 25m penalty to Friars actually but I was at the far end of the ground though

If cheapshots off the ball are the way to play then so be it, I do hope you or Parkdale dont get the umpires we had last game or there could be a world record in 25m penalties paid

As for minor or not, very minor imo, 1 decision in a game not affected by umpires due to the 1 sidedness of it is a minor mistake when compared to their brilliant decision making all day

Yes they can be replaced but not straight away, like a red card the team must play a man down for 12 minutes

As for not reversing it, not really an oversight, when its one teams cheap acts that started the brawl it would be unfair to then give them the ball, probably found it easier to send off 1 Friars player than all the CYMS players responsible...

I was expecting as were some others a 25m penalty to Friars actually but I was at the far end of the ground though

If cheapshots off the ball are the way to play then so be it, I do hope you or Parkdale dont get the umpires we had last game or there could be a world record in 25m penalties paid

As for minor or not, very minor imo, 1 decision in a game not affected by umpires due to the 1 sidedness of it is a minor mistake when compared to their brilliant decision making all day

Interesting to see Eddie that the umpires you had last game did such an appalling effort that they were promoted to C Grade!!!!

The umpiring at the Friars v Willy game was very ordinary. But let me state from the get-go that, as a CYs person, they had absolutely zero influence on the result or the margin. And hopefully every Willy player and supporter knows and accepts that.
To their credit, when the umps were walking off at half-time, they acknowledged they had erred in the red-card fiasco. My question is: how on earth did they pick out an indiscretion by a Friars player amidst that melee, then report him for "attempting to strike"? I hope he appeals and beats the charge.
And, Kruzering, regarding your comment "Still they fought hard all day despite their coach continually calling their performance "embarrasing" muliple times during the half time break (amoungst some other dissapointing language that really has no place in ammos football)" beggars belief. Do you expect us all to believe that no-one from Friars ever swears? Surely what is said in the rooms should stay in the rooms? It is not the CYs coach's fault that the windows were wide open and every man and his dog was listening in.
Unlike the Friars' seconds coach, whose expletive-laden spray ON the ground in full view of all and sundry, really does have no place in the Ammos.

We already gave you a lesson on how to play football, did you need another on how to operate a window?

I personally found his abusive spray to be extermely offensive, especailly considering the amount of women and children present. We try to create a family environment down at Friar park so everyone can come along and enjoy the football without having to explain to our wifes, children, friends and partners what the "F" and "C" word mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back