Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the VFL that screwed up the SANFL, thus my club.

Ah, so it's the VFL's fault that you support a club in debt, taking big handouts from the AFL on a regular basis and getting flogged by the Demons, while wallowing in drug-fueled delusions about the future of a club much richer - and more secure in its off-field position - than yours?

qBYbfJ.gif

PS: Once more, regarding the other delusional poster below...

As reported in the Age at the time, the Dixon-led Demon Alternative was flagging a legal challenge on the basis that 1000 members were unable to cast their ballots amid the chaos at Dallas Brooks Hall. Police were estimating that up to 6000 people were shut out.

http://www.shotgun.com.au/shotgun-ar...otgun-wedding/

Again, 7000 who were opposed, excluded from voting. Total of 11,200 of approx. 15,800 members at the time, against it. Likely to have been overturned in court regardless of the Hawthorn vote.

Deaneus, I'm afraid you've got truth detestation disorder son. A really bad case of Abbottism. Seek medical help asap :eek:

7000 who were opposed, excluded from voting. Total of 11,200 of approx. 15,800 members at the time, against it. In other words...

"Aided by a large number proxies, the chaotic Melbourne meeting at Dallas Brooks Hall endorsed the merger by a vote of 4679 to 4229 amongst angry scenes directed at President Ian Ridley."

http://demonwiki.org/Mergers

Your own Demon wiki says you endorsed the vote. Are you one of those history revisionists like Keith Windschuttle? Maybe everyone who voted yes was promised a lift pass at Mt Buller that year, I'm sure that's it.

It didn't happen! It didn't happen!
...Club Records show it happened.
It still didn't happen!

Denial, Denial, Denial.

Just get Carlton out of the AFL.

They're an embarrassment and should be deregistered for the good of the game.

EFT :thumbsu:

YcPJf.jpg

And again, it amazes me how desperately supporters of poor clubs like this wish to delude themselves about the positions of the rich ones.

Us = debt-free, setting consecutive membership records and record yearly profits.

Carlton = financial basket-case continually being propped up by loans from the AFL.

The Blues have amassed more than $10 million of debt that must be repaid within two years. It is the highest level of current liabilities in the AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-by-october-20110225-1b8um.html#ixzz1udfQsgNo

LugP6.gif

EFT :thumbsu:

YcPJf.jpg

And again, it amazes me how desperately supporters of poor clubs like this seem to wish to delude themselves about the positions of the rich ones.

Us = debt-free, setting consecutive membership records and record yearly profits.

Carlton = financial basket-case continually being propped up by loans from the AFL.

LugP6.gif

Your intelligence and logic is something many children (some much older children, like 30+) here have never seen before/ will never see again. Be proud knowing you understand the world better than they ever will. :):thumbsu:

My first footy club is Norwood, which was founded in 1878. It was the VFL that screwed up the SANFL, thus my club. I have no pity in watching one of the VFA foundation club from dissapearing of the face of this planet!

I don't understand this victim mentality.
It is the South Australian publics choice to support the crows when they came in to the AFL. They could have boycotted the crows and continued to support their SANFL clubs as much as ever.

Just get them out of the AFL.

They're an embarrassment and should be deregistered for the good of the game.

most teams go through a rough period of being bottom dwellers for one reason or another. but as long as they have a healthy fan base, are financial, and are geographically relevent, there is no problem. we cant all be top of the table.

melbourned meet all the above criteria. there would be other clubs that have bigger problems than melbourne. your position on the ladder is not the most significant challenge a club confronts. it may be for a fan, but you blokes have no idea..

most teams go through a rough period of being bottom dwellers for one reason or another. but as long as they have a healthy fan base, are financial, and are geographically relevent, there is no problem. we cant all be top of the table.

melbourned meet all the above criteria. there would be other clubs that have bigger problems than melbourne. your position on the ladder is not the most significant challenge a club confronts. it may be for a fan, but you blokes have no idea..

Sensible post...a rarity. Melbourne aren't going anywhere, as much as haters want us to...we seem to rub people the wrong way. Kind of love it :).

Norf is the one who should be worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart post. Being down the bottom is only going to scare the club if they're already falling apart. When Carlton spent all those years down the bottom no one would have thought they would have to fold, same as when Richmond went 0-9. The club will be fine because we have a strong membership base, great sponsors, strong administration, and great facilities.

Personally, I see no hope of any joy or success for Melbourne FC for quite a few years.
You Melbourne supporters have absolutely nothing to look forward to in the short to medium term.
I thought the Giants would be wooden spoons this year, but after seeing what happened this Saturday, I now believe Melbourne will be wooden spooners; and considering there are 2 clubs in the comp with a combined total of 36 games played, that's about as bad an indictment that could be placed in your club.
You can talk all you like about your members and how financial you are, that is just a deflection to the real truth, your club is an embarrasing joke to the AFL.

As a Hawthorn supporter watching Friday night, I was quite disgusted how we played in the first qtr, the way we butchered scoring opportunities. Then there was a 10 minute burst by Mitch Clark and I thought, here we go, they might actually show something.
But no, they didnt give a yelp for the rest of the contest. The score didnt reflect how one sided the game was.

Terrible, just terrible

Personally, I see no hope of any joy or success for Melbourne FC for quite a few years.
You Melbourne supporters have absolutely nothing to look forward to in the short to medium term.
I thought the Giants would be wooden spoons this year, but after seeing what happened this Saturday, I now believe Melbourne will be wooden spooners; and considering there are 2 clubs in the comp with a combined total of 36 games played, that's about as bad an indictment that could be placed in your club.
You can talk all you like about your members and how financial you are, that is just a deflection to the real truth, your club is an embarrasing joke to the AFL.

As a Hawthorn supporter watching Friday night, I was quite disgusted how we played in the first qtr, the way we butchered scoring opportunities. Then there was a 10 minute burst by Mitch Clark and I thought, here we go, they might actually show something.
But no, they didnt give a yelp for the rest of the contest. The score didnt reflect how one sided the game was.

Terrible, just terrible

You-Are-NOt-So-Smart.jpg

they will fancy their chances against Franchise Two, and against Adelaide...

EFA :thumbsu:

Dhafh.jpg

And yes, we sure do. As would any other club fortunate enough to be playing the Cows outside of AAMI, regardless of ladder position.

Even at home, you're so shaky that Franchise Two comprehensively outscored you in the second term :eek:

And then there's always this...

[YOUTUBE]BLT7w8VY6J0[/YOUTUBE]

dcz5P.jpg

EekwF.gif

Sensible post...a rarity. Melbourne aren't going anywhere, as much as haters want us to...we seem to rub people the wrong way. Kind of love it :).

Norf is the one who should be worried.

Yes, you are right. North have a lot to be worried about, because they will have to merge with the Demons. Melbourne Kangaroos!

Why would we ever have to merge? We're the club with the rapidly growing membership and record profits.

And we're the club who invented this game. So even if our membership and our profits weren't rising rapidly, as they are, there would still never be an AFL without us.

You're the club with the falling membership, the debt problem and your hands out begging the AFL for cash.

Logic fail. Of an epic nature. Again.

You trash yourself and your club further and further the longer you keep this thread running. Have some sense of self-preservation for God's sake... :eek:

EFA :thumbsu:

Dhafh.jpg

And yes, we sure do. As would any other club fortunate enough to be playing the Cows outside of AAMI, regardless of ladder position.

Even at home, you're so shaky that Franchise Two comprehensively outscored you in the second term :eek:

And then there's always this...

[youtube]BLT7w8VY6J0[/youtube]

dcz5P.jpg

EekwF.gif

Three things:

1. Two seasons after that game the Crows won the first of two premierships, whilst Fitzroy was merged into a club that is based 1,600kms away.

2. If this a history lesson, do you recall ADL V FITZ - Footy Park, R11, 1991. There were fights in the stands at Footy Park and the Lions supporters vandalised VFL/ AFL house. If you are wondering, I am the one who threw the banana at the goal umpire late in the game! Bruce called my a holligan!!

[YOUTUBE]5Q_VBj5boOM[/YOUTUBE]

3. As much as I despise the Demons I hope they are never forced to merge with an interstate club or relocate out of Victoria. That is just a bastard act.

Here's a few numbers to snack on.

Here are the amount of regular season wins each team has had from 2007 to this weekend( you can add a win to Carlton or St Kilda as the case may be).

Geel 97
Coll 82.5
St Kilda 75.5
Haw 71
WB 66
SS 63.5
Ade 61
NM 58
Carl 57.5
WCE 54
Ess 53
Fre 49
BL 46.5
Pt Ade 45
Rich 37
Melbourne 29

Notice the bottom two sides together have not won more games than each of Geelong, Collingwood, st Kilda, Hawthorn and are equal to the record of the WB.

Here's a few numbers to snack on.

Here are the amount of regular season wins each team has had from 2007 to this weekend( you can add a win to Carlton or St Kilda as the case may be).

Geel 97
Coll 82.5
St Kilda 75.5
Haw 71
WB 66
SS 63.5
Ade 61
NM 58
Carl 57.5
WCE 54
Ess 53
Fre 49
BL 46.5
Pt Ade 45
Rich 37
Melbourne 29

Notice the bottom two sides together have not won more games than each of Geelong, Collingwood, st Kilda, Hawthorn and are equal to the record of the WB.

Wow, it's not even like they just scraped into last, eight wins is a third of the season, that's more than a game worse than every other team every season since 2007.

But hey, they've got lots of money and heaps of supporters.

Just no ****ing clue.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back