Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

jadr76

Rookie
Sep 2, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Thunder & Palmerston
What is the future for the Melbourne Football Club: merger, relegation or relocation?

Could they be relegated to the VFL?
Could they merge with the Kangaroos, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda or Port Adelaide?
Could they relocate to Perth, Auckland or Tasmania?

I'd rather see a team like the Kangaroos with less money, but a heart stay in the competition. I think new team in Tasmania, with concessions, and can select which players they want to keep from Melbourne. In other words, Grimes and Trengove, Howe and perhaps steffan Martin.

But strictly no red or blue, and no Demons.

I'd rather see a team like the Kangaroos with less money, but a heart stay in the competition. I think new team in Tasmania, with concessions, and can select which players they want to keep from Melbourne. In other words, Grimes and Trengove, Howe and perhaps steffan Martin.

But strictly no red or blue, and no Demons.

You support the biggest basketcase in the AFL, if anyone should be getting kicked out of the AFL it should be your mob.

What is the future for the Melbourne Football Club: merger, relegation or relocation?

Could they be relegated to the VFL?
Could they merge with the Kangaroos, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda or Port Adelaide?
Could they relocate to Perth, Auckland or Tasmania?

The Shanghai Shemons has a nice ring to it...:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]p7w64fbqYQY[/YOUTUBE]

To deconstruct the most obvious components of the crapulence in detail...

Debt-free, with a $6 million profit last year, and a $3.5 million profit the year before that. In other words, the exact opposite of this claim.

No members

JHbnY.jpg

Fractionally under 37,000 - a 50% increase in the last 6 years. 6 consecutive membership records. Somehow translated in this person's mind as "no members" :eek:

Compare our membership with, for instance, that currently attained by the Bulldogs, a club $5 million in debt and as dependent on AFL assistance as any other, one of whose number has decided upon self-immolation by actually attempting to troll us about such issues:

rSAW5.jpg

Compare our crowd support with that for Port Adelaide - a club at least $3 million in debt, being propped up thanks to the AFL giving them money hand over fist - two of whose supporters have also decided upon irretrievable self-ownage within this thread:

Rl73k.jpg

Looking pretty ridiculous for the Dogs in that comparison as well, of course :eek:

And it gets worse!

To make this exercise even more cringeworthy, the OP supports Adelaide. Adelaide, that is. But one must assume he/she only jumped on board the Crows this year, since he/she appears utterly clueless about what happened the last time they played us...

Dhafh.jpg

Aside from the fact that Adelaide is a club making substantial losses, being propped up by large special grants from the AFL.

The AFL Commission yesterday ratified Demetriou's plan to hand ADELAIDE $1 million a season to 2014.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/m-a-year-for-sa-afl-clubs/story-e6frecj3-1226078846784

The Adelaide Football Club today released an operating deficit of $882,130.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/106014/default.aspx

GBTso.gif

As threads go, it doesn't get any more embarrassing than this.

Enjoy bagging out the foundation club of the competition that you enjoy playing in :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Very well said mate. Another part of what makes this thread such a stellar example of self-ownage.

Aside from the fact that we're in as strong shape off the field as we have ever been, we invented this game. There's not the slightest chance of there being an AFL without us in it. Not now, not in the future.

And it gets worse!

To make this exercise even more cringeworthy, the OP supports Adelaide. Adelaide, that is. But one must assume he/she only jumped on board the Crows this year, since he/she appears utterly clueless about what happened the last time they played us...

Dhafh.jpg

Aside from the fact that Adelaide is a club making substantial losses, being propped up by large special grants from the AFL.

Very well said mate. Another part of what makes this thread such a stellar example of self-ownage.

Aside from the fact that we're in as strong shape off the field as we have ever been, we invented this game. There's not the slightest chance of there being an AFL without us in it. Not now, not in the future.

Bravo, you smashed the Crows in one insignificant game in the year, so when did you play finals again?

so when did you play finals again?

One year before the last time you did :cool:

I also note how you're carefully steering clear of the fact your average attendances are over 9,000 worse than ours, and the fact that you're in millions of dollars of debt, while we're debt-free and raking in huge profits.

Bravo, you smashed the Crows in one insignificant game in the year

Geez... you're making me sound like a Port supporter now. That's a thoroughly unfair form of characterisation, and I resent it
ODKZw.gif

I wonder if the average home crowd of Melbourne against non-Victorian teams would be any higher than average home crowd of Port Power against non-South Australian teams.
Comparing the 2 just like that seems unfair due to Port having one home showdown a year and Melbourne having a fair chunk of home Victorian 'derbies'.

Not to stick up for Port or anything, but you do play a lot more of your games in the same city as your opponent is based than they do.

Just sayin'.

Not to stick up for Port or anything, but you do play a lot more of your games in the same city as your opponent is based than they do.

Just sayin'.

Thanks, I was just going to write that, funny thing is Melbourne rarely even crack the 20K mark against interstate sides. It was 33K against Sydney round 1 last year, but once fans caught onto the fact that their team was shit, they didn't go.

And it gets worse!

Dhafh.jpg

Wonae, for someone with So many alter egos...... You seem to have a lot of time on your hands;)
, but well said, as always mate:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thanks, I was just going to write that, funny thing is Melbourne rarely even crack the 20K mark against interstate sides. It was 33K against Sydney round 1 last year, but once fans caught onto the fact that their team was shit, they didn't go.

Sydney were a Victorian side and still have a fair chunk of Vic support.

I'd suggest merging them with the Melbourne Vixens, but I wouldn't want to compromise the Vixens hard at it game style......

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons: merger, relegation or relocation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back