Review Dees v the Purple Shockers: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

You're gonna get people claiming woke isn't real, but you're point still correctly stands regardless of what they interpret it to mean - we are spending a copious amount of time on off field issues, but are going backwards where it matters most.

This is clown shit lol. It takes five minutes to change the socials to Naarm and then the work is done by the social media team. Do the social media team give out goalkicking training?

So it's just a coincidence that we are 1-7 as Naarm compared with out non-naarm/overall record in that time?

At what point would you then say it might actually be a distraction?

Yes. It's a coincidence.

I remember us losing lots of games as the Melbourne Football Club back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is clown s**t lol. It takes five minutes to change the socials to Naarm and then the work is done by the social media team. Do the social media team give out goalkicking training?
Maybe they should, I mean it wouldn't hurt would it? See, in 2021 old mate Gibbo was everywhere, I have no doubt he was running water and giving tips. That's the trouble with this club now, too selfish, never gonna win anther flag unless everyone chips in.

So talking about off field issues being distractions is banned now on this forum
Or is it only off field issues that a mod approves of?
Geeat attitude to silence free discussion and debate

LOL 'You're silencing my free speech rights'

And we're off with another round of cooker bingo...

I'd rather Disco than Lever at the moment, guy has lost the god damn plot

Like many of our senior guys the past 12 months, chokes hard when the pressure is on. Its becoming the norm sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird feeling it's disappointing but I'm not completely flat. Might be hope that we might see change or it could be a bit of a reality check that we aren't winning it this year.

We probably win that game with a coherent forward line. Harmes spoiling roo, Spargo jumping infront of a ball clearly meant for Fritta. Missing so many easy shots particularly in that last quarter. I know the game has changed but man do our backline are really leaking goals badly, our defence is a complete shadow of 2021. On a positive thought Sparrow was good today, really needed someone to step up while Oliver is out hopefully he can maintain that form when Oliver returns.

Last edited:
Just copy and paste something we said in 2020 and leave it here.

Outdated garbage.

As I said in the game day thread, im glad we lost, a win would have let Goody and the playing group escape the blowtorch for another week after another horrible performance, I hope it comes from somewhere in the media this week. Sadly Carlton will probably steal most of the thunder but I want someone to get stuck into us, we've been crap for 12 months.

We're a team that is less than the sum of it's parts, and it feels like we’ve been that way for about 12 months now.

From a team and coaching group that preaches 'learnings', it doesn't feel like we've learnt a hell of a lot.

So it's just a coincidence that we are 1-7 as Naarm compared with out non-naarm/overall record in that time?

At what point would you then say it might actually be a distraction?
Why are Walyalup 0-2? Stop making excuses.

We're a team that is less than the sum of it's parts, and it feels like we’ve been that way for about 12 months now.

From a team and coaching group that preaches 'learnings', it doesn't feel like we've learnt a hell of a lot.

When the pressure comes on we resort back to old habits, the new gameplan goes out the window whenever the game becomes a grind and we dont have any ability to change it up mid game. Its predictable and sad.

Just got back from the game.

Good: generated more than enough opportunities to win, despite below…

Bad: beaten again in the coaches’ box. Game was played how Fremantle wanted it to be played. Clearances relatively even but the ease and cleanliness of clearances were chalk and cheese. Once Darcy went down Melbourne should’ve had a big tactical advantage but they didn’t take it.

Ugly: ANB. He channelled his 2019 and 2020 self today. Fumbles, practically missing his foot with kicks. He can’t afford to be that bad ball in hand despite the other stuff he brings.

Lever dropped and fumbled so many that in 2021 he would’ve gobbled up. Horribly out of form.

Well none of that was enjoyable. You could just sense the frustration at the ground from our supporters, watching us is like watching a slow car crash.

At least we have 2021, but our inability to get it done in front of our own supporters post covid is a pisstake, bad record at the G last season, and look way off this year.

I don’t know, I feel apathetic which is kinda nice, not really an upset today, think a lot of us saw it coming.

I’d take an elim final win at the G in front of 80k plus tbh.

There’s still time to turn it around, but that would involve some active coaching and a culture shock if some kind
Is there a mid-season coaching swap available? Goody has lost the group, and he's out of ideas. Thankful for the flag, but he ain't getting us a second one. Time to start looking around.

Is there a mid-season coaching swap available? Goody has lost the group, and he's out of ideas. Thankful for the flag, but he ain't getting us a second one. Time to start looking around.
Wouldn't say he's lost the group at all, to be honest. They clearly love him. They're just not afraid of him.

Wouldn't say he's lost the group at all, to be honest. They clearly love him. They're just not afraid of him.

Yep, this is actually worse. They clearly love him but he isn't able to get that edge back into the playing group and if it hasn't happened two years on from a flag it will never happen. They'll probably sook it up if we sack him but its a results based business and we're burning a quality side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back