Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers and sisters, for the most part of its existence, I thought that Fweo was trying to "out-StKilda St Kilda" - both of them, after all, share the ignominy of having Ross Lyon coach their defence-time lists. Now, of late, Fweo is becomng what they sould have been from their inception in 1995: a power-house. They belted us earlier in this year. As my old friend Captain Bilgh said on the HMS Bounty: "the floggings will continue until morale improves!" Freo by 63 points.

I'm expecting to see a better performance than last time but expect to fall short by a few goals.

I'm also expecting to see the usual:
  • Melbourne players called to play on because 1 or 2 eyebrow hairs flick left or right of the mark in the wind
  • Melbourne players to be called play on from a 20m pass
  • Only to then watch a Freo player be paid a mark from smothering distance
  • Freo player to take on the tackler, spin 360 and then drop it out the back to a perfectly placed teammate

I'm expecting to see a better performance than last time but expect to fall short by a few goals.

I'm also expecting to see the usual:
  • Melbourne players called to play on because 1 or 2 eyebrow hairs flick left or right of the mark in the wind
  • Melbourne players to be called play on from a 20m pass
  • Only to then watch a Freo player be paid a mark from smothering distance
  • Freo player to take on the tackler, spin 360 and then drop it out the back to a perfectly placed teammate

Nothing more boring than focusing on umpires

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good: Fremantle still haven’t seen our best. They won’t know what hit them when we play during finals. Goodwin master plan

Good: Fremantle still haven’t seen our best. They won’t know what hit them when we play during finals. Goodwin master plan
Expecting a few PED bans to hit the lower half of the eight, then?

Bad: every bit as terrible as the last time we played them.

Backline worst performance as a unit I've seen in a decade.

Midfield no better.

Goodwin s+ tier team selection.

Holy **** were embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Broken tackles
  • Players jogging in their lines and structures
  • Turn overs
  • No presence in the middle at all
  • Monstered in the ruck
  • Trying to force long down to line to work, and just playing into the hands of their rucks and defenders with no presence in the air
  • Killed by overlap handball
  • Generally slower and slow to react
  • Picked apart by kicks
  • Fumbly in okay conditions
  • Flattered on the scoreboard, it should have been worse.

The Good: Billings
The bad: Rest of the team
The ugly: us becoming a mid ladder team like North were resulting in no talent coming in and no finals.

We should just commit to bottoming out ahead of Tasmania. Our only top 10 picks who played today were Billings, Salem, Oliver and Windsor. 3 out of 4 of those are trash.

We need to bottom out and restock on some top 10 picks

Do you guys remember that 2017 game against West Coast, where we could see we couldn't bomb it to their interceptors. So we adapted, changed our plans to run and carry instead

I miss this team being unable to adapt. They and the coach always expect teams to work our game plan and nothing else. Then look completely caught out and shocked when teams pick it apart

Stephen may, gtfo. Jack billing’s gtfo. Tom sparrow, who?????

Good ... Any pretence of making finals should well and truly be over now .
... Lol at Brayshaw even remotely being interested in leaving Freo .
... Petty proving he shouldn't be in the ruck or forward line .
Bad ... Everything
Ugly ... Most of our defending was just putrid .
... Same with our tackling .
... Goodwins coaching .

Windsor will possibly be our only top 10 pick on our list when Tassie enters the league. We are in for a world of pain if we try to hang onto being mid table and don’t bottom out now

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo (the Joe Dirts of Perf): Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back