Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Dean. If you read through players twitters, it's obvious how much he transcended just being a coach and was a friend, a mate and a father-figure. Open to interpretation as to how that made him as a senior coach, but as a person, it makes him a pretty top bloke. Speaking to a few guys who were involved in Port circa 2002-2004, they couldn't speak highly enough of him.

A lot of the football world in mourning - Essendon, Port, Melbourne, Adelaide, Glenelg, Mt Gravatt...had a wide impact in his time in football, and at just 47...much too young, not that much older than me, and with a young family...

Sympathies to his wife and kids.

Was that the one at the GABBA?
No! It was in Melbourne. Think at the Dees then training facility at St Kilda. Came after McLardy and Stynes did their presser announcing his removal. He apparently asked to speak to the press by himself and handled it with grace and dignity.

Cant say anymore that has already been said.

RIP Bails - will be missed by anyone and everyone that has ever been involved with or enjoys watching footy.

Rest in Peace, very sad for all concerned, from the players to the family. As soon as it was lung cancer unfortunately the news is very bleak. Just 1 or the 2 worst cancers and unfortunately the treatment is not there yet. I hope in the future (and Dean would too) that we find a cure for lung cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad for him he had a very successful year in 2012 at AFC towards the end of his career, having honed his skills through a number other clubs. It all combined to make one the best footy strategists we've seen.

Sincere condolences to his wife and sons. A great loss. RIP Dean.

I can't believe he's passed away. What an absolute tragedy and extremely sad to hear. To lose a Melbourne coach and president within a few years of each other is a cruel blow no one could ever foreseen.

The sincerest of condolences to Deans family and friends. Knew he was sick but geez that's a shock he's gone this soon.

Trivial football matters can consider themselves put into perspective.

R.I.P

May you R.I.P i was very shocked as i didn't even know he was ill...

I thought lung cancer generally effects smokers, he doesn't strike me as the type who would've smoked?

Condolences to his family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back