MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it not obvious to everyone? Pies fans play the victim so damn well. Just own your mistake like Stewart did. All I’m seeing is their fans and Collingwood people point fingers and say what about Gaff, what about Stewart, what about Pickett?
No wonder the fans have a bad reputation. It’s all the eagles fault posting on Insta or Sheed having a say.
He got it wrong but you don’t see much remorse because he is a shocking bloke.
Ex GEELONG Brownlow Medallist, Jimmy Bartel’s take on it….
1685949013368.jpeg

That’s well after the contact.
Why not show the static shot where they both have feet on the ground as contact is made?
De Goey did wrong and should be suspended. He got him high.
But this nonsense in the media is nauseating.
Now the West Coast club itself are issuing a public apology as it got caught up in the nonsense. Embarrassing.

View attachment 1705338
Thats probably the moment of maximum force. One foot still projecting de goeys momentum makes it look as bad as it can be.

Once fully in the air, JDG's momentum has little resistance to opposing force. Probably doesnt minimise it a lot, but that first shot

How is it not obvious to everyone? Pies fans play the victim so damn well. Just own your mistake like Stewart did. All I’m seeing is their fans and Collingwood people point fingers and say what about Gaff, what about Stewart, what about Pickett?
No wonder the fans have a bad reputation. It’s all the eagles fault posting on Insta or Sheed having a say.
The media also seem to have hopped aboard this train of diverting the issue, focusing more on what Sheed said off the cuff rather than the hit itself, as if it has any relevance

This whack by Bartel is as ruthless as Gaff’s one - absolutely loved it. Well played Jimmy!
Sheed did say "or" :p

But really players need to be not commenting on suspensions
Bad enough the media does it
And if Bartel legit wants a top job at afl house...maybe stop replying to shit on twitter

😂😂😂

You’re such a shit talker.

Practically every Collingwood supporters is saying he deserves to be suspended. Not one, and I mean not one Collingwood supporter you can quote that would be saying otherwise.

Derrr nO WoNdeR ThErE FaNs HaVe sUcH a BAd ReP - get off your high horse bud. Any opportunity to sink the boot in shows your class as always.

Ex GEELONG Brownlow Medallist, Jimmy Bartel’s take on it….
View attachment 1705445
I don’t get Jimmy sometimes. Why can’t Sheed be upset by it? He should be upset by it all.
This just reinforces non vic beliefs that we are all bias.
Eagles are having such a bad year that somehow this is all the eagles fault still.
Finger pointing and saying look over there doesn’t help the young bloke who was concussed. I don’t see much responsibility taken.

😂😂😂

You’re such a s**t talker.

Practically every Collingwood supporters is saying he deserves to be suspended. Not one, and I mean not one Collingwood supporter you can quote that would be saying otherwise.

Derrr nO WoNdeR ThErE FaNs HaVe sUcH a BAd ReP - get off your high horse bud. Any opportunity to sink the boot in shows your class as always.
Just because you know it’ll be a suspension proves nothing.
You don’t see this much deflection and finger pointing during an election.
Just own up and accept DeGoey is at fault. Don’t worry about anything else.

He will get 3 weeks

Even if it’s 4 weeks we will be able to use that time for a mini pre season for him and with a plethora of players coming back in we are still in tip top shape.

He will come back primed and ready for a tilt at the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t get Jimmy sometimes. Why can’t Sheed be upset by it? He should be upset by it all.
This just reinforces non vic beliefs that we are all bias.
Eagles are having such a bad year that somehow this is all the eagles fault still.
Finger pointing and saying look over there doesn’t help the young bloke who was concussed. I don’t see much responsibility taken.
Every time a player is cited for the tribunal you want opposition players to publicly name how many weeks they should get? You good with that?
You want their club to chime in too?
note: West Coast have since issued a public apology.
Collingwood & DeGoey have said nothing as the tribunal haven’t met as yet.
The over the top nonsense being issued is making some look rather foolish.
As said consistently- DeGoey’s bump was wrong, was high, and he should be suspended.
Beyond that, cut the crap.

Last edited:
Who’s saying he’s not at fault? Of course he is and he’ll get suspended. Hopefully every head high hit is labelled weak and cowardly by all the dorks in the media to be consistent though

What deflection are you talking about exactly? The tribunal will hand out a suspension irrespective of the noise, whether it’s from WCE social media team, Dom Sheed, Kane Cornes or Nathan Buckley.

What you’re really asking is that Collingwood supporters and CFC to lay down and allow trolls like Kane Cornes, yourself and others like you on here to take free hits at JDG and Collingwood. That’s not how we roll at Collingwood, we’ll be fighting right back and putting people like you in your place.

Poor Collingwood. Always getting the rough end of the deal.

"He's playing with adults he should be expecting contact" but also "don't pick on Daicos and Ginni they're just kids :'("
The usual suspects - any opportunity to sink the boot into the Pies.

If anyone is deflecting, it’s people like you two trying to turn it into something it’s not.

Talk about the act, and what suspension it’ll get without resorting to taking potshots at Collingwood and its supporters. It gets old really fast listening to the same shit from people like you.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back