Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes I would make for India's team in the next test

Out: Kohli, Yadav

In: Rohit, Mithun

Or drop Kohli and Yadav and include two bowlers Mithun and Vinay Kumar, put Ashwin at 6 and four pace bowlers

quality knock from ashwin. now the 2nd highest run scorer for india this series behind sachin i believe

lyon gets ishant lbw

Correct. Sachin has 226 runs, Ashwin has 143, and he's OUT.

Hilfy gets five!

Considering you're on track for a red card you'll probably need to start thinking about a new alias to do that tbh.

Is that right, on what grounds?
Seriously...
Dumb and I have had great fun baiting each other, none of your concern

Anyway, game over just now gents,well done Australia, where do India go from here to get back in the series I wonder, if at all possible

Im not suprised you two have the same opinion and agree with each other :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

let me put it another way then. i don't hate lyon, but it's fair to say that he has been surplus to requirements so far against india. not many wickets or runs. that is both good and bad, partly because the pace has been so good that we haven't needed him as much compared to say, when mitch was running around. he's been relatively unthreatening this series but i don't want him consigned to the scrapheap forever.

yet another 5 wicket haul for the hilf. very comprehensive win in the end albeit at least india put up a fight. but sometimes you have to work hard for your wickets and the attacked toiled away hard today

big win. india need to win the next 2 to retain the border/gavaskar trophy. very difficult to see that happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon did his job vs india, he didn't get totally smashed and allowed clarke to rotate the quick's.

But hey lets dump him like we did with haurtiz because they didn't own india, same india warne and macgill got destroyed by on a regular basis mind you....but we expect more from lyon and haurtiz than part timers like warne and macgilla.....

yet another 5 wicket haul for the hilf. very comprehensive win in the end albeit at least india put up a fight. but sometimes you have to work hard for your wickets and the attacked toiled away hard today

No really? youre at the top competitive level, of course youre putting up a fight! Try telling that to the New Western Sydney Franchise in the AFL next year :mad:

Anyway I reiterate, Duncan Fletcher coached teams have a tendency to show something after the horse has bolted in games. That's one useless Zimbo

Great win.

Good effort by our bowlers to knock over India twice for less than 600 combined on a good batting pitch and didn't concede a century to any of their star batting lineup.

Clarkes innings coming in at 3/37 and scoring 300 with support from ponting and hussey was fantastic

big fan of Lyon, however i think the fact that India play spin really well (evident by warne's inflated average against India) mean that his influence & presence is nullified

Hence

Out: Lyon and Haddin
In: Watson/Harris/ Cummins & anyone who is an improvement to haddin ( i.e. anyone)

Not sure why they bother showing super slo mo of 2 blokes about to shake hands.:confused:

I still think a spinner could be useful in perth, unless it's very green that is.

while clarke technically could be the 5th bowler/spinner it has to be taken into account that he has a dodgy back and he clearly doesn't fancy bowling himself unless he absolutely has to.

let me put it another way then. i don't hate lyon, but it's fair to say that he has been surplus to requirements so far against india. not many wickets or runs. that is both good and bad, partly because the pace has been so good that we haven't needed him as much compared to say, when mitch was running around. he's been relatively unthreatening this series but i don't want him consigned to the scrapheap forever.

I just want a constant spinner. He's doing fine. It's tough against the Indians. Give him time.

Drop Lyon for Watson. Haddin to bat at 8 with watson to bat at 7, Clarke to do the spin load.

Thoughts?

No. Would increase the work load of Watson hugely (bowling wise) and aswell Clarke. Must play 4 bowlers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back