Streaming Dark Matter

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

But one hint i found in this episode.....

Everytime the show switches between Jasons it does that clicking noise to let us know. I remember in this episode, it did multiple clicking noises between original Jason and original Jason. Not between imposter Jason and original Jason, but original Jason and original Jason.

I was thinking...why are they doing all those clicking noises and still showing us original Jason? So....maybe you are right that there are now multiple original Jasons....but I just dont see how they can justify or sell that given it was never hinted at before. Plus, as I complained before....I cannot fathom how theres even a second "good" Jason let alone one trying to reach that same real world home that only one good Jason got abducted from. He'd have no reason to seek it. There was only one abduction.

But one hint i found in this episode.....

Everytime the show switches between Jasons it does that clicking noise to let us know. I remember in this episode, it did multiple clicking noises between original Jason and original Jason. Not between imposter Jason and original Jason, but original Jason and original Jason.

I was thinking...why are they doing all those clicking noises and still showing us original Jason? So....maybe you are right that there are now multiple original Jasons....but I just dont see how they can justify or sell that given it was never hinted at before. Plus, as I complained before....I cannot fathom how theres even a second "good" Jason let alone one trying to reach that same real world home that only one good Jason got abducted from. He'd have no reason to seek it. There was only one abduction.
I guess in a truly unlimited multiverse there's a version of good Jason who got back quicker.

Another couple things I just realized....

1) when that psychiatrist woman (amanda?) chose that space-age world to stay in, she said the Amanda from that world went missing two years ago.....i bet anything that THAT Amanda ended up a multiverse traveler and we see that Amanda enter into the original Chicago, etc etc

2) that space-age Chicago looks very similar to the space-age Chicago that imposter Jason trapped original Ryan in......i bet anything that Amanda and Ryan end up meeting in that world and then we see them travel back to original Chicago.....because original Jason did sneak two capsules into her purse before parting.

I'm confused tho by the ending at the gun store. You guys are saying there are now two "good Jasons" entering this world and "bad Jason" has no idea. I dont see how there are two good Jasons. We've never been shown a second good Jason. Why would there even be a second good Jason entering this particular world? He'd have no reason to come here trying to return "home" to abduct the "bad Jason" because bad Jason only abducted one good Jason. This aint his home. It's only the original good Jason's home and where the specific bad Jason supplanted a Jason's life.

Maybe there was something in the gun sales woman's spoken words that hints it was a second good Jason, I didnt quite catch what she said exactly. But i cannot fathom how the show could suddenly spring on us a second good Jason after all this time showing only one good Jason and one bad Jason and one abduction.

The second good Jason at the gun store was dressed identically as the first one except that he had the dressing on his little finger. And he hadn't been in the gun store before. So it's a different good Jason. I don't remember an episode where he hurt his little finger but I might have missed it. Bad Jason wears a gold wedding ring so it wasn't him.

It's definitely confusing but I'm thinking that each time they go through one of the doors they create another world where a version of themselves already exists. Two different good Jasons have managed to get themselves back to their original world. I don't mind a bit of mystery going into the last two episodes.

One thing I liked is that Jason writing down and speaking his feelings in order to arrive at his desired world allows him to articulate his inner motivations to the audience in a natural way. That's good writing.

Also, Joel Edgerton has done an great job on this show. You can tell the difference between good and bad Jason by his facial expressions and demeanor.

Another couple things I just realized....

1) when that psychiatrist woman (amanda?) chose that space-age world to stay in, she said the Amanda from that world went missing two years ago.....i bet anything that THAT Amanda ended up a multiverse traveler and we see that Amanda enter into the original Chicago, etc etc

2) that space-age Chicago looks very similar to the space-age Chicago that imposter Jason trapped original Ryan in......i bet anything that Amanda and Ryan end up meeting in that world and then we see them travel back to original Chicago.....because original Jason did sneak two capsules into her purse before parting.

On point 2 I had that thought too, the night skyline looked very similar which makes me think we'll revisit that world at some stage.

That has just blown my mind.

I’m just getting my head around 2 good Jasons and now there might be 6???

I’ve only got onto this show in the last week and have binged through it. There are quite a few contrivances but I’m going with it and enjoying it.

This last twist reminds me of that movie Coherence - with all the different versions of the house guests.

That was fun! I counted 5 good Jasons. One got his head bashed in. One got choked out in the toilets. Two more had the car crash. Then there's Jupiter guy. But shouldn't there also be lots of bad Jasons?

That was fun! I counted 5 good Jasons. One got his head bashed in. One got choked out in the toilets. Two more had the car crash. Then there's Jupiter guy. But shouldn't there also be lots of bad Jasons?
I suspect there is only one bad Jason because he’s the one who started the whole thing, understand how the box works, and the other ones are spawned by his interference.

I’m only guessing though because I have no idea really. Maybe there are hundreds of other bad Jasons in hundreds of different dimensions?

The possibilities are endless?

How do we know that “Jupiter” Jason is the OG good Jason?

How do we know that “Jupiter” Jason is the OG good Jason?

I'm guessing Jupiter Jason is the original Jason because the episode spent the most time with him. He's got a scar on his nose, no headgear, no bandage on his finger, wearing a black jacket with no hood.

I reckon he's one of the Jasons in the hotel corridor. Also the Jason on the left as they sat in the bar - picks up the box of matches. The Jason who woke up on the bench after sleeping rough. The Jason who smokes a cigar in the diner to get himself arrested - later is bailed by Daniela and they make up the Jupiter safe-word. Later meets Daniela and son at the big metal monolith thing and confirms he's Jupiter Jason.

Other good Jasons -
Jason wearing a beanie who gets his head stoved.
The other Jason in the hotel corridor.
Jason wearing a Christmas jumper and a cap came out of the hotel and followed Jupiter Jason.
Jason on the right in the bar booth wearing a beanie and hoodie. He said he had dug a grave and implies he has a gun.
Jason with burnt face chases bad Jason in the library and gets killed in the toilets.
Jason who drives off with Daniela and son. He starts telling her the story from scratch so she knows he not Jupiter Jason. He might be the same Jason as in the hotel corridor.
A Jason crashes into their car. Wearing a hoodie but no beanie so I don't think he's bar booth Jason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing Jupiter Jason is the original Jason because the episode spent the most time with him. He's got a scar on his nose, no headgear, no bandage on his finger, wearing a black jacket with no hood.

I reckon he's one of the Jasons in the hotel corridor. Also the Jason on the left as they sat in the bar - picks up the box of matches. The Jason who woke up on the bench after sleeping rough. The Jason who smokes a cigar in the diner to get himself arrested - later is bailed by Daniela and they make up the Jupiter safe-word. Later meets Daniela and son at the big metal monolith thing and confirms he's Jupiter Jason.

Other good Jasons -
Jason wearing a beanie who gets his head stoved.
The other Jason in the hotel corridor.
Jason wearing a Christmas jumper and a cap came out of the hotel and followed Jupiter Jason.
Jason on the right in the bar booth wearing a beanie and hoodie. He said he had dug a grave and implies he has a gun.
Jason with burnt face chases bad Jason in the library and gets killed in the toilets.
Jason who drives off with Daniela and son. He starts telling her the story from scratch so she knows he not Jupiter Jason. He might be the same Jason as in the hotel corridor.
A Jason crashes into their car. Wearing a hoodie but no beanie so I don't think he's bar booth Jason.
Oh yeah, no doubt we are shown Jupiter Jason the most and he definitely appears to be the OG good Jason, or alternatively the show might be playing with us.

Either way, that was great stuff.

Reading comments from a youtube video....

There are about 10 "good" Jasons in this episode.

The original good Jason is quite likely the one at the end who meets them at the landmark and says Jupiter....the rubber band he has on his finger is a natural color, like the original Jason had..... but....apparently....the one that Daniella and Charlie got in the car with also has a natural colored rubber band.....whereas all the other "good Jasons" have a black rubber band or hair tie around their ring finger.

So...there could still be a twist ahead. The cigar smoking Jason might only be a version who got to Daniella first, rather than the original Jason....because all the good Jasons have the same story to tell her....."it's not safe, I was abducted by another Jason".

People also speculate theres no future for the family in this original Chicago, as an unlimited number of Jasons are gonna converge here now. So they may end up fleeing in the box to some other world to be safe.

Someone also says that Daniella and Charlie have already been in the box....i dont remember that. Unless they're spoiling it having read the book? They reckon Charlie already knows where those drug capsules are, and that Daniella had a knowing look about the box. I dunno. Just thought that was interesting, if true, could open another can of worms for future episodes.

Also, just a question for someone here to answer.....which Daniella was it that shot and killed? Was it the one in bad Jasons original world?

The good Jason that was sitting in the bar with the beanie and the scarred head said his Amanda died in a bad world but didn’t he also say that his Daniela was shot and killed when he was abducted?

If so, does that mean that some of the good Jasons, or versions of him, are just back for revenge?

Watched the newest episode (nine).

Ep8 was amazing. But this one was pretty bad. Just ridiculous. Eight million Jasons all killing each other, and the remaining still alive, thousands, all agreeing to let one of them win Daniella and flee the world in the box. Just pushing the sci-fi beyond into ridiculousness having so many Jasons....like, why would there even be more than one original Jason i always originally had a problem with. But they took it way beyond having millions of them. And like how is that world going to address finding the corpses of millions of dead identical Jasons, and what are all those thousands left behind going to do now in that world. Just stupidness.

But cliffhanger anyway....the real Ryan who was trapped in space-age world ends up tracking down bad Jasons Amanda who decided to stay in that space-age world when she left good Jason. Even typing that sounds overly convoluted.

Also the original Jasons college friend, who bad Jason tracked down and showed him the box and how to travel it, ends up showing up in i think the original bad Jasons world. Or maybe the world where original bad Jasons Blair decided to stay.

I really dont effing know. But all for future episode suspense.

I really liked it.

It flipped around a lot of tropes which I thought was great. I was expecting Jasons at the box but didn’t expect they’d be all the decent ones that just wanted to see his wife and son happy.

It made sense for there to be hundreds of Jason in the logic of this show. There was no way that they could all be bad.

I don’t understand how Ryan found Amanda though. How could he?

Wasn’t that the end?
It was

Decent scifi, without being brilliant. Doesn't need a second series

And yes Exe Gesis wtf do the cops do when they rock up at the house and find 80 blokes murdered with the same DNA lol. That isn't the point though, scifi isn't supposed to be realistic(always a magic element), it's the human story that it tells within the fantasy

I really liked it.

It flipped around a lot of tropes which I thought was great. I was expecting Jasons at the box but didn’t expect they’d be all the decent ones that just wanted to see his wife and son happy.

It made sense for there to be hundreds of Jason in the logic of this show. There was no way that they could all be bad.

I don’t understand how Ryan found Amanda though. How could he?
Luck? yeh, it's a season two set up

Luck? yeh, it's a season two set up
I see from Reddit that it’s theorised that Jason 2 dumped Ryan in Utopia world (the one Amanda chose to live in).

I’m not sure that works though because how would J2 know about that world and how did Ryan know who Amanda was?

Anyway, if they make another series one day I’m sure they’ll explain it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back