Streaming Dark Matter

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I thought too. Wish I hadn't watched it. Watched the first 2 or 3 episodes before flipping to s2 of Outer Range. Will go back to it now but there were certainly no surprises in the first few episodes thanks to the trailer.

That's a shame. When the season is finished might have a look then.

RE: Outer Range, big fan? Only knew of its existence a couple of weeks ago and the trailer for season 1 looked interesting. Fact it has Brolin has me over the line. Binge-worthy? Have a few things to knock off beforehand but if it's addictive then I'll give it a go soon.

That's a shame. When the season is finished might have a look then.

RE: Outer Range, big fan? Only knew of its existence a couple of weeks ago and the trailer for season 1 looked interesting. Fact it has Brolin has me over the line. Binge-worthy? Have a few things to knock off beforehand but if it's addictive then I'll give it a go soon.
I enjoyed Outer Range. Definitely bingeworthy. They've left it wide open for a third season too.

Four episodes in. There are some good moments but it's a bit slow.

For a physicist it took him a while to work out he's in a multiverse. I don't know if this is the direction the show will take but surely he should have already realised he can imagine and thus create a world where his son didn't die.

Four episodes in. There are some good moments but it's a bit slow.

For a physicist it took him a while to work out he's in a multiverse. I don't know if this is the direction the show will take but surely he should have already realised he can imagine and thus create a world where his son didn't die.
If I'm understanding you correctly I don't think he knew she was having twins. She found she was pregnant, he broke it off or whatever then she had an abortion. I put the same question to Mrs B

I'm caught up now. Enjoying it more now that I don't know what's going to happen.

If I'm understanding you correctly I don't think he knew she was having twins. She found she was pregnant, he broke it off or whatever then she had an abortion. I put the same question to Mrs B

I'm caught up now. Enjoying it more now that I don't know what's going to happen.

It was revealed that their son Charlie had a twin brother, Max, who died when he was little.

It was revealed that their son Charlie had a twin brother, Max, who died when he was little.
Yeah that's what i thought you meant? Why didn't he go to a world where both survived - because he didn't know there were twins until he got there. I'm guessing now you actually meant why doesn't he jump from the world he's in now to one where both survived? In that case, yeah i don't know. Maybe because of the difficulty factor trying to fit in without raising suspicion and having to get rid of another him? I don't understand why he didn't just kill the other him in the first place. He was happy enough to ruin his life and set him up to probably be murdered as it was. Too much of a coward maybe but that doesn't really gel with his gung ho attitude in everything else.

Have watched all episodes currently released for season 1.

1....one of my favorite shows was another called Dark Matter...about seven people who wake up amnesiac. Thought this was a remake or a continuation of that, but its another show altogether

2....it is a bit too slow, and the main character is a bit slow too in getting whats going on etc. Actually, all the characters are a bit too slow....like the wife not seeing hubby has no permanent ring mark. Or the Laeighton dude taking forever to realize the guy is an imposter from an alternate world....especially given he wouldve known all along that the box they created is a doorway to alternate worlds, thats why he invested in it.

3.... it's an ok show, will continue with it when the other episodes drop, but i dont think its a great show, its middling, it has its flaws.

The original Dark Matter....if anyone is interested, really recommend you find it on some streaming service and binge it. Only two seasons long before it got cancelled. But so lovable. Similar kind of theme to this show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode six....only now is the real wife just starting to feel like theres something different/off with the man she loves and been married to for fifteen years.

The real husband still struggling to find his real world....i guess to drag the show out, and also build on potentially him and the psychiatrist growing feelings for each other.

I liked the dark twist where alternate husband closes the box on the real science friend, trapping him in some world forever.

But yeah....the main takeaway of this show.....everything is just far too slow, and all the while there isn't even good character development happening or deepening of drama to warrant such a slow pace.

But i gotta see out the first season I guess now.

Usually have time for this sort of stuff but I think the whole science angle from a very unscientific show irks me too much.
Yeah if you can't look past the obvious holes you're going to have a bad time.

I can though so far. Kind of enjoying it. Want to see where it goes. Found myself wondering if the book is any good.

Bad Jason is a real arseh*le.

I understand why good Jason wanted to buy a gun but why did bad Jason want one? Also, bad Jason seems to be able to easily flit to different universes and return whereas good Jason missed multiple times has had to write a three page essay.

When good Jason was creeping about in the house was the teenage boy he spoke to the other twin that in another world died young?

I would have stayed in Utopia-world with Alice Braga.

Last edited:
I understand why good Jason wanted to buy a gun but why did bad Jason want one?
I don't think that was bad Jason? I thought that was good jason but with a busted finger (for reasons tbd)? Good jason has a cut on his nose.
Also, bad Jason seems to be able to easily flit to different universes and return whereas good Jason missed multiple times has had to write a three page essay.
Bad Jason knows what he's doing. Good Jason is learning on the fly and also had someone with him unconsciously affecting the results.
When good Jason was creeping about in the house was the teenage boy he spoke to the other twin that in another world died young?
Yes that's my understanding. He kept saying 'she' too which i think was implying the dead child in that world was a daughter.
I would have stayed in Utopia-world with Alive Braga.
Me too but that's easy to say from our couches. Perhaps not quite so easy if you love your family so much you'll risk anything to get back to them.

I don't think that was bad Jason? I thought that was good jason but with a busted finger (for reasons tbd)? Good jason has a cut on his nose.

I think you're right. The first Jason in the gun store has a cut on his nose and a rubber band on his ring finger. The second Jason in the gun shop has a cut on his nose (I think), a rubber band on his ring finger, and also a bandage on his little finger. So we are looking at multiple good Jasons.

What are we left with?

Good Jason A doesn't know about good Jason B. He has a knife and pepper spray, presumably to incapacitate and/or kill bad Jason.
Good Jason B knows another Jason was in the gun store just before him. But he might think it was bad Jason.
Bad Jason doesn't know either of the good Jasons are back in this world.
Daniela knows something is NQR with her husband but has no idea what's been going on.

Finally, the show moves forward. Took them just a little too many episodes to get to where we are now episode 7.

Was the right choice for the psychiatrist woman to choose that world to stay in.

Was interesting that imposter Jason went back and rescued his college friend (Ryan?) from that world he abandoned him in last episode....due to heat from the detective. Shows he's such a boss at trans-dimensional travel that he can pinpoint worlds first go.

Was also fortuitous that he broke down that cement wall around the box just in time for the real Jason to finally find his home world. Lucky devil.

I'm confused tho by the ending at the gun store. You guys are saying there are now two "good Jasons" entering this world and "bad Jason" has no idea. I dont see how there are two good Jasons. We've never been shown a second good Jason. Why would there even be a second good Jason entering this particular world? He'd have no reason to come here trying to return "home" to abduct the "bad Jason" because bad Jason only abducted one good Jason. This aint his home. It's only the original good Jason's home and where the specific bad Jason supplanted a Jason's life.

Maybe there was something in the gun sales woman's spoken words that hints it was a second good Jason, I didnt quite catch what she said exactly. But i cannot fathom how the show could suddenly spring on us a second good Jason after all this time showing only one good Jason and one bad Jason and one abduction.

One thing about this show's plotting that isnt very good is how the early episodes had all those people hunting down Jason....and then it all just stopped, no peep from them since. It mightve been more interesting thru all these seven episodes if we had that partner guy to imposter Jason still in the background from time to time.

Also another layer they could've had was the partner guy from the real world who went on his own adventure....if he crossed paths with himself from the world imposter Jason xame from. Or....say....while the partner guy hunting down Jason left his world, and then the partner dude from the real world ended up going to that world by chance, and now all those other colleagues are confused as **** and hell breaking loose in that world.

There couldve been some more mind-blowing plotlines is all I'm saying, there was potential there. Especially when plot threads worked on just suddenly stopped and the show dragged on showing original Jason just laboring too long from one weird world to another. Ok, we get it....there are many weird worlds, but no need to show so many; it ust dragged it out too long.

Anyway, this episode was very good. Finally some movement. But I have my criticisms as above.

Finally, the show moves forward. Took them just a little too many episodes to get to where we are now episode 7.

Was the right choice for the psychiatrist woman to choose that world to stay in.

Was interesting that imposter Jason went back and rescued his college friend (Ryan?) from that world he abandoned him in last episode....due to heat from the detective. Shows he's such a boss at trans-dimensional travel that he can pinpoint worlds first go.

Was also fortuitous that he broke down that cement wall around the box just in time for the real Jason to finally find his home world. Lucky devil.

I'm confused tho by the ending at the gun store. You guys are saying there are now two "good Jasons" entering this world and "bad Jason" has no idea. I dont see how there are two good Jasons. We've never been shown a second good Jason. Why would there even be a second good Jason entering this particular world? He'd have no reason to come here trying to return "home" to abduct the "bad Jason" because bad Jason only abducted one good Jason. This aint his home. It's only the original good Jason's home and where the specific bad Jason supplanted a Jason's life.

Maybe there was something in the gun sales woman's spoken words that hints it was a second good Jason, I didnt quite catch what she said exactly. But i cannot fathom how the show could suddenly spring on us a second good Jason after all this time showing only one good Jason and one bad Jason and one abduction.

One thing about this show's plotting that isnt very good is how the early episodes had all those people hunting down Jason....and then it all just stopped, no peep from them since. It mightve been more interesting thru all these seven episodes if we had that partner guy to imposter Jason still in the background from time to time.

Also another layer they could've had was the partner guy from the real world who went on his own adventure....if he crossed paths with himself from the world imposter Jason xame from. Or....say....while the partner guy hunting down Jason left his world, and then the partner dude from the real world ended up going to that world by chance, and now all those other colleagues are confused as **** and hell breaking loose in that world.

There couldve been some more mind-blowing plotlines is all I'm saying, there was potential there. Especially when plot threads worked on just suddenly stopped and the show dragged on showing original Jason just laboring too long from one weird world to another. Ok, we get it....there are many weird worlds, but no need to show so many; it ust dragged it out too long.

Anyway, this episode was very good. Finally some movement. But I have my criticisms as above.
He didn't rescue Ryan, he got a different one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Dark Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back