Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not backs to the wall time.

A spot in the top 4 is still there for the taking this season, even with the slow start and injury list.
We must win on Friday.

Let’s stop laying blame on individual players and realise it’s a team game.

Bring the pressure and we win.

Sounds like you're speculating just like me then. Who's stopping you from speculating or discussing it. Sounds like I'm not allowed to give my theory and have to agree with yours
You don't have to speculate that someone is not playing well - you can see it. You can't so easily see if there is an injury hampering their game. You have put forward your theory, we've read and digested it, so now let others comment on the game being played out before them. If Moore is injured then do what we have done with numerous others - don't play him, but he has been declared fit and his play should be judged accordingly.

You don't have to speculate that someone is not playing well - you can see it. You can't so easily see if there is an injury hampering their game. You have put forward your theory, we've read and digested it, so now let others comment on the game being played out before them. If Moore is injured then do what we have done with numerous others - don't play him, but he has been declared fit and his play should be judged accordingly.
Who's stopping you from commenting. I'm just telling you what I think. I don't have to stop commenting because you want to have your say. No one is stopping you, I don't see the problem

Been at a few games and have been astounded by his lack of work rate and inability to stay close to his man in dangerous ball moving situations. He is completely out of form and we have no chance of winning anything with him like this. Fingers crossed he can turn it around as he has been an absolute star of the club and a brilliant leader too.

Been at a few games and have been astounded by his lack of work rate and inability to stay close to his man in dangerous ball moving situations. He is completely out of form and we have no chance of winning anything with him like this. Fingers crossed he can turn it around as he has been an absolute star of the club and a brilliant leader too.
I can see your point but why would bad form effect his ability to stay close to his man. I would say that it's those basic things that he would be reverting to if he's out of form.

There’s a difference between commenting on form and calling our key back and captain a liability.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s a difference between commenting on form and calling our key back and captain a liability.

'Liability' is an unfortunate choice of word (although we're not all Rhodes scholars) largely because it offers a convenient target at which opposition posters can aim their replies rather than debating the pros and cons of Moore's on ground performance. Perhaps it's best not to give your opposition unnecessary ammunition with which to fire back and pin you down.

The other stock defence of Moore and other defenders is that they are locked into a zone defence that hinders a player's ability to impact a contest with an opposition player. (The zone defence also existed last year, but that didn't prevent Murphy from very effectively spoiling contests.)

I get the impression that some posters are determined to prevent any genuine analysis of Moore's current form. Had the word 'liability' not been used, some other method of squashing analysis of his game would probably have been employed instead.

'Liability' is an unfortunate choice of word (although we're not all Rhodes scholars) largely because it offers a convenient target at which opposition posters can aim their replies rather than debating the pros and cons of Moore's on ground performance. Perhaps it's best not to give your opposition unnecessary ammunition with which to fire back and pin you down.

The other stock defence of Moore and other defenders is that they are locked into a zone defence that hinders a player's ability to impact a contest with an opposition player. (The zone defence also existed last year, but that didn't prevent Murphy from very effectively spoiling contests.)

I get the impression that some posters are determined to prevent any genuine analysis of Moore's current form. Had the word 'liability' not been used, some other method of squashing analysis of his game would probably have been employed instead.

Who were you in your last BF iteration? You sound familiar

I tend to look at the positives. Rather than focussing on the fact that he's become a spud, I think we should all be celebrating that he's developed the mongrel to injure blokes.
‘The Accidental Mongrel’ much like that film with Dustin Hoffman, the Accidental Hero.

‘The Accidental Mongrel’ much like that film with Dustin Hoffman, the Accidental Hero.
Darcy Moore is a hero.
Nothing accidental about it.
Those who don’t see him as a hero, don’t barrack for Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know that anyone has said we’re “locked” into a zone defence, only that we use one. The coaches can change that at any time but seem to think it’s worth persisting with. I guess we should be piling more scrutiny on them.

There has also been open acknowledgement that a zone defence can leak goals, especially if an opposition is allowed unpressurized transition into F50. Yet for some reason, some seem unable to move past blaming Moore the liability for all our woes.

65c7d2441c30e0379490e5a9a8f0ec4b.jpg

d58f7c9f20922d593c7d5f439ad93197.jpg

Darcy Moore is too busy being a jerk king in House of Dragons…

It did when we were slack for that patch at the back end of last year. We were picked apart and the pundits declared us unable to win. It wasn't just that we lost. It was the size of the scores we conceded. Our defence doesn't work when we're slack and the ball comes in without pressure.

This year, we started slack and the defence sucked. We came back from our first bye slack and Port torched us for a quarter before we switched on. And we were slack in the first half either side of the bye and got outplayed.

what's being a hero got to do with his form at the moment
He is down on form, not disputing that for a second. But as Fly said today, they will keep working to improve his positioning because he is an important player for us.

Back him to get the job done on Friday.

Who were you in your last BF iteration? You sound familiar

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile ap

cambridge ..A "liability" is also anything that hurts your chances of success or that causes difficulties:..anyone watching darcy at the moment would understand that this applies

He is down on form, not disputing that for a second. But as Fly said today, they will keep working to improve his positioning because he is an important player for us.

Back him to get the job done on Friday.
hope he does ..they might play caddy wright and draper with jones so we will need him

It seems that you are the one who doesn't want to listen to any other opinions but your own. Others have tried but you refuse to accept it, so there's no point having a discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back