Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing him higher up the ground almost brings him into the stringer type player role from a few years back. Still has a ways to go to be like Stringer was at the dogs but he might be good enough to get there. He seems to enjoy roaming a bit and clunking them around the ground.
Better than him wrestling with an opponent.

So much better when he is on the move.

I agree and it means he can use his explosive ness to lead up in more open fields and his field kicking to our advantage
Like Tex, he is a good field kick.

I was a bit concerned earlier in the year but it's clear now he's better as that roaming forward. His elite kicking, movement and skills allow him to play that role.

When Fog is playing well, there are not that many better key forwards at the things he does well imo.
And hopefully as our midfield improves he will get better service in small lead ups when he runs back to inside 50.

I was a bit concerned earlier in the year but it's clear now he's better as that roaming forward. His elite kicking, movement and skills allow him to play that role.

When Fog is playing well, there are not that many better key forwards at the things he does well imo.
I can see this working really well with Thilthorpe when he is back too. Having both Walker and Fogarty working up the ground and delivering to Thilthorpe as the deeper target.

Darcy has played this way for a long time. The difference now seems to be players are starting to look for him more when he’s up the field and more talented players kicking to him. His marking is still an issue, too many 50-50’s dropped on the weekend again but as usual he mops up the ground ball well.
He’s a natural footballer and beautiful to watch when on song. Always been one of my favourites.

Has been in the coaches votes 3 of the last four weeks
I wonder if he was carrying an injury early on in the season.

Now that he is far more mobile, getting up the ground and making multiple leads up forward he is getting the rewards.

He has that quick burst of speed back that was missing in early games. Those games to compensate he engaged in the wrestle more.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now that he is far more mobile, getting up the ground and making multiple leads up forward he is getting the rewards.

He has that quick burst of speed back that was missing in early games. Those games to compensate he engaged in the wrestle more.

Maybe but it felt more like he was being positioned to play as the deep forward with TT being out injured and tex struggling a bit more physically at the start of the season.

Now he appears to be playing more to his strengths which is pushing higher up the field, which coincided with Himmelberg coming in and playing his role with greater success.

From memory he was - did something against Geelong

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a hit the post stat? Feel like fog hits the post way more than average
You see, Fog is lethally accurate. He's hitting the post cos of that old Axiom - aim at the post and with the wind it will sail right through.

But he's better than the wind. So he's hitting the target.

That's what's going on here.

Anyway, over the eight games since the Showdown (inclusive) Fog's gone at 2.5 goals a game. That's top four KPF territory.

And whats amazing - is that we are equally shit as a team during those 8 games with only 3 wins from those 8 games.

So whats changed? All of those excuses that have been regurgitated the last 50 pages are still the same from a team perspective.

Its almost like FOG's form is 100% mental. Credit to him - he is having an 8 game purple patch. Lets hope we get that for an extended run.

Back