Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get it.

Noble should be a second rounder max.

Rioli is not worth pick 6 as long as my arse points to the ground.

They should take 6 to the draft, keep 13 and hope Lombard gets through if not use 13
Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Your ass is in the sky now 😁

Bolton is being significantly undervalued by media and opposition fans in my opinion. On the other side of the equation Daniel Rioli is being massively over valued. If we truly walk away from pick 6 alone then Blair Hartley should be sacked even after his flag list build. If he gets any more I'll hail him a god because pick 6 by itself is a great deal.
After reading delusional posts all day it's nice to read a level headed post from a tigers supporter. Spot on mate

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah everyone gets a chance to rinse Gold Coast every now and then. I'm just surprised after getting Lynch for free it's already Richmond's turn again.
we might have jumped the line, but you stay out of it

secret smell GIF

And yet, when it's pointed out that Baker is uncontracted, you get crickets form your supporters.

Seems you only want to call out the "he's contracted" when it suits you.

BTW, I only mentioned Shultz being contracted be you said he wasn't.
I’m ambivalent on Baker BECAUSE he’s uncontested. Don’t lump us all together

Picks 15-20 for uncontracted to pick 6 and a sweetener for contracted is too much of a gap IMO.
3, years contacted, not 1

So I disagree

More house analogies, what if the house is getting older, currently livable but in 2 years time will depreciate significantly due to the rusting out roof and stair step cracks. Would you sell now so you could at least get enough money to buy a replacement house?

He´ll be 28 come R5 next year, a depreciating asset.
I didn’t want to sell the house.

You’re making me sell the house.

You want the house.

Pay up.

Reckon we end up with 6 and 29 or 6 and 23 for Rioli and a future pick.
6 + 29 for Rioli + Richmond's F2 is still generous but closer to reasonable

I’m not supporting the op but In fairness the Tigers figures are padded by having 9 other teams in the state. This is an advantage the Eagles and basically any club out of Victoria don’t have. It’s also true for the away crowds, it’s a bit different taking the train from Waverley to the MGC than Perth to the Eastern seaboard.
I think Vic home crowds suffer v interstate, whereas interstate home crowds remain relatively even

I don’t get it.

Noble should be a second rounder max.

Rioli is not worth pick 6 as long as my arse points to the ground.

They should take 6 to the draft, keep 13 and hope Lombard gets through if not use 13
So why dont they ??

They have 5-6 coaches
List managers
and club managers

Yet they cant think of this

Whats wrong with this picture

6 + 29 for Rioli + Richmond's F2 is still generous but closer to reasonable
Nah we not giving up pick F2
We need all the picks we can get for next year to continue our rebuild

#6 + #23 for Rioli + #41 should get it done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting overs is one thing but Richmond's requests are ridiculous. Meanwhile, West Coast fans are being told two first rounders that are likely going to land below 15 is too much despite being a better player, playing a position in demand and also being contracted. If someone were to say Barrass was worth pick 6 I would take it and run. Rioli's value is lower than Barrass' value.
Barrass wanted to go to Vic.

GC head hunted Rioli who expressed no desire previously to move to QLD

Barrass 29, Rioli 27

I think the valuation on Barrass is a bit low as a neutral observer.

People need to realise that the Rioli price is inflated because Richmond didn’t want to lose him, he was tapped up.

From what I understand ANB (was unders) and Barrass weren’t actively tapped?

I’ve said multiple times that uncontracted Rioli is probably 15-20

We’re not over valuing the player, we’re saying you tapped him up, so pay

I know they´re going to find termites in your house in the next couple years so I´ll just wait. I´m only after the land anyway.
😂

Very good
maybe tell GC that they should get an inspection

So if it’s just Pick 6 does Rioli stay?
That’s up to Blair Hartley and his team. I believe he’s already stated that’s the starting point.
DRioli is still contracted for 3 years, so it doesn’t affect us at all.
GC are trying to prise him away. So they pay the asking price. Note, the asking price, not the going price. Or he stays. Simple. And I’m quite happy with that.

Surprisingly I don’t have any say in the matter. :grimacing:

More house analogies, what if the house is getting older, currently livable but in 2 years time will depreciate significantly due to the rusting out roof and stair step cracks. Would you sell now so you could at least get enough money to buy a replacement house?

He´ll be 28 come R5 next year, a depreciating asset.
Rioli is just going to keep getting better like Shane Edwards did

I love what Port Adelaide's list manager Jason Cripps said the other day

"We don't want what's fair we want more than fair as he is contracted"

If everyone has a right to an opinion, then you have a right to respect and try to find a common ground with their opinion. Otherwise, what point is there engaging?
No I don’t. I don’t have to find common ground at all.
You have an opinion, so do I.
I’m not going to convince you you’re wrong and vice versa.
You get comparisons with other players…then it’s “you can’t compare players” says who? Is there a rule somewhere where you can’t. If so, show it to us.
But there isn’t, so it’s just opinion vs opinion. Some say DRioli isn’t worth pick 6. How do they know his worth to GC and their game plan? They don’t. They don’t have a clue of what other positional changes that allows and how Hardwick plans other players roles. They just see a trade and whinge and whine about what picks GC are prepared to pay or what Richmond says they want.

None of us are experts.
If I say he’s worth picks 6 and 20 and I’m the more expert than anyone who says otherwise. So that’s the end of engaging then. I’m more of an expert because I said so. Just as there are plenty of others who think their opinion is right on the money.
None of us are. No club club cares what we type here. I know it’s heartbreaking but that’s the facts.
Clubs will pay for who they want. Otherwise they miss out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back