Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Houston will be playing for North. I think North will offer the most lucrative trade for Port. They will also offer the most money to Houston. Port will then tell Houston if you want to live in Melbourne, North it is, or you can stay contracted with us.

Of course,Houston will choose to live in Melbourne as he seems to wish, and join North.

Houston will be happy. Port will be happy. North will be happy.

Great result for Port who will extract max value trade wise with his beautifully timed AA.
Great result for North, landing a genuine gun in a great age bracket to compliment their current young stars and while contributing more than just vet guidance like Darling and Parker.
Great result for Houston who gets paid very well and gets out of a current contract that keeps him from living where his family want.

If the Tigers get 9&10 for Bolton then North might swap pick 2 for both 9&10 and use say 10 for Houston and still have a Top10 pick in the draft.

Blues trade

Young and 31 to Swans for 19 and F4

F1 & 19 to Port for Houston & F4
I mean, i would jump at that as a Blues supporter.

But i think , as Cal Twomey mentioned a couple days ago, North will offer basically their F1 for Houston pretty straight up. As they should.

North either offer that lucrative F1 straight to Port, if thats what Port are happy with, or if Port prefer a pick this year, then North offer that F1 to Freo for Pick 9 this year. Freo then have ample picks next year for The Chad and can still get Bolton this year.

He said our salary cap is healthy and have room. Houston is signed for 4 years. Cal mid year isn’t going “if Houston goes port have plenty of room to spend”
The players association came out and said they use to compare what journalists said players were getting paid and which clubs were close to the salary cap and joke how far out they were.

They don't even bother anymore because the journos are so far off the mark.

He said our salary cap is healthy and have room. Houston is signed for 4 years. Cal mid year isn’t going “if Houston goes port have plenty of room to spend”
Cal seems to have very good links within Port.

He seemed to be getting every bit of Houston mail as it dropped throughout the year, and does a lot of features on Port players too. So his sources seem very strong inside Port, and his track record across the board speaks for itself.

Do you reckon that’s a deliberate ploy by the club, to give him inside access?

No, my point was Kane Cornes mentioned he wanted to be paid his fair value which the Melbourne clubs were willing to. You have a healthy salary cap and not increase his pay but offer big money for other players is what he see as not valuing him. It could be a coincident that he requested he want to head back to Melbourne and Lukosius requested a trade on the same day or not.

No chance we offer pick 7 we need to bring in young midfield talent ! if we end up with pick 8 for battle maybe that might be considered but I definitely wouldn’t be adding in extra picks a top 10 pick should be more than enough.
Saints will be a hard sell for Houston. To leave a contender to move to a club that probably won’t sniff finals for 6-7 years, especially at his age

No, my point was Kane Cornes mentioned he wanted to be paid his fair value which the Melbourne clubs were willing to. You have a healthy salary cap and not increase his pay but offer big money for other players is what he see as not valuing him. It could be a coincident that he requested he want to head back to Melbourne and Lukosius requested a trade on the same day or not.

Kane said Zac butters only has bruised ribs.

Kane said Zac butters only has bruised ribs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his preference is any VIC club over staying at Port then he will be at North. They can offer him the money to satisfy a contract and they will be the team that Port can get the most value from. Port will just tell him we can do a deal with North or you can stay
I just hope we are willing to walk away if the cost is too much

The other reason port would want to trade with us over Carlton is to not improve a team challenging them for top 4 next year

If he is heading our way, I'd say it would be for a future 1st in total value

That might need to be traded for a current 1st, which would likely be Port's preference
So they give their F1 to GCS for Lukosius thinking Carlton's will be more valuable but they end up finishing top 2 with Houston and Port Power outside the 8 and Hinkley sacked.

So they give their F1 to GCS for Lukosius thinking Carlton's will be more valuable but they end up finishing top 2 with Houston and Port Power outside the 8 and Hinkley sacked.

Just like the way we finished outside the 8 when we traded our last two future 1sts... oh wait

Just like the way we finished outside the 8 when we traded our last two future 1sts... oh wait

Maybe ABBA can help us understand what it’s like to finish outside the 8 long enough to complete your entire primary school education.

It was so embarassing for all the port fans who started blaming Tom Morris for making up the Dan Houston news. 🙄

You know how illogical it is to believe in a tin foil hat conspiracy theory like this and not be able to objectively look at the situation.

the amount of people that said 'but but he said he wanted to stay'. So over having to explain the footy landscape to people.

I'd say they would want to trade either our F1 (or whichever club gets Houston), or their own, for a 1st rounder this year

Hinkley more likely to back himself to finish top 4 next year

Blues trade

Young and 31 to Swans for 19 and F4

F1 & 19 to Port for Houston & F4
North can always match and better what the Blues offer. eg: Norths F1st which will better for Port than the Blues plus #22. Also if the Swans want Young it will only be as backup including #31 but the Swans wont give up #19for that....

I don't fully believe it, but its on, according to Jon Ralph.

Highlights of the article..

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.

North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

The fact North Melbourne is a contender is a feather in their cap given he must believe they are a chance to make a strong improvement in quick time given he is 27 and might have only four or five more seasons at his peak.

I don't fully believe it, but its on, according to Jon Ralph.

Highlights of the article..

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.

North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

The fact North Melbourne is a contender is a feather in their cap given he must believe they are a chance to make a strong improvement in quick time given he is 27 and might have only four or five more seasons at his peak.
We could do the same and our F1st would be better for GC...l still cannot see how Carlton can offer a better deal to get Houston that we cannot trump...

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back