List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you guys noticed?

This has become a thread full of Port fans fantasising amongst yourselves.

No Carlton, North or Collingwood engaged posters;

1. Carlton want to invest in this draft,
2. Collingwood can’t even land 13,
3. Houston not interested in Port.

Looks like he’s staying in SA peeps.

Thread full of Port fans posting on the Port board, news at 6

Have you guys noticed?

So it should be. It’s on the port board you muppet.

Cool story 👍

BTW, Houston has NEVER stated he isn't interested in Port and is quite happy to stay with the club.

But you're a Carlton supporter. Low IQ who probably cried like a baby when they lost to Saints then cheered for Port after they got you a 2nd chance In finals.
I think it was just a mistype - he meant not interested in North.

Have you guys noticed?

Well bloody said.

You are going to cop a lot of hate here for speaking the truth, but stay strong.

Gold Coast wants a future first rounder
North wants Houston, North willing to trade future first rounder
Port wants first round picks this year.

Isn't this the most obvious and simplest path?

Of course it's the easiest path, but it's a non-starter unless Dan is willing to go to North. I personally believe if Collingwood don't come to the party, Dan will accept a move to North. He's desperate to get back to Melbourne. I've been told all week to watch out for North, that the media weren't taking their interest in Houston seriously enough. So let's see how this plays out in the coming days (don't expect anything to happen over the weekend though).

So is it under or overs?

Unders.

When push comes to shove they'll swap their future second for our future third or something to get the deal over the line. They'll get their man and we'll claim that we got the points value of pick 5 and that this draft is so deep and pick 13 is a great pick, etc.
I hear what you're saying but I reckon Dimma might stop that before it even gets started. I actually like Noble as a player but there is no way he is worth more than a late second.

Have you guys noticed?

I think it’s a case of no one can is on the same page re value for Dan. We want circa 2 first rounders that no one has.

Collingwood vastly overrate the spud that is John Noble’s value.

You guys are intent on the draft (which I would agree with if I was a Carlton supporter).

North Dan doesn’t prefer but is the only one who can theoretically meet the asking price and is willing to do so.

It’s going to be a test of Dan’s want to go back to Melbourne or our willingness to take unders.

I reckon he decides North is ok.

So it should be. It’s on the port board you muppet.
I get that - we have oppo’s sharing on ours also :)
I think it’s a case of no one can is on the same page re value for Dan. We want circa 2 first rounders that no one has.

Collingwood vastly overrate the spud that is John Noble’s value.

You guys are intent on the draft (which I would agree with if I was a Carlton supporter).

North Dan doesn’t prefer but is the only one who can theoretically meet the asking price and is willing to do so.

It’s going to be a test of Dan’s want to go back to Melbourne or our willingness to take unders.

I reckon he decides North is ok.
Yep - he’s definately worth two firsts or a top 10 pick.

I’d love him at Carlton but it just doesn’t align for us.

North need to get selling!

Of course it's the easiest path, but it's a non-starter unless Dan is willing to go to North. I personally believe if Collingwood don't come to the party, Dan will accept a move to North. He's desperate to get back to Melbourne. I've been told all week to watch out for North, that the media weren't taking their interest in Houston seriously enough. So let's see how this plays out in the coming days (don't expect anything to happen over the weekend though).

Unders.
Is it Collingwood not coming to the party or just that they don’t have anywhere near the capital?

They have a future first which you wouldn’t bet on being an early pick and John Nobel who, media doing Collingwood’s bidding aside, is worth a 3rd round pick.

Have you guys noticed?

Im shocked that the Port Adelaide board of Port Adelaide supporters posting about a Port Adelaide player isnt filled with supporters of other clubs and agree this demonstrates the positions of the list managers involved in the trade.

Also in terms of fantasy, most of us want him to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im shocked that the Port Adelaide board of Port Adelaide supporters posting about a Port Adelaide player isnt filled with supporters of other clubs and agree this demonstrates the positions of the list managers involved in the trade.

Also in terms of fantasy, most of us want him to stay.
You should get your wish.

I wouldn’t want to lose a player of his calibre.

Wingard is the only top 5 player we have traded out apart from Burgoyne. And I think we rolled over for less than he was worth there. Other than that we have traded out many players for a lot less than we were initially asking or thought that they were worth on here.

Wingard had one year left on a deal and Port thought he was going to jump as a free agent the next year. We did what we could there, the deal was fine.

Burgoyne was a lifetime ago, but out of contract and had been seduced by Clarkson as well as possible personal issues that were hinted at but never confirmed. Two first round picks and Jay Nash (with picks going back the other way) in a battle that was fought right over trade week was fair and certainly not rolling over.

Yes, true. You can throw in Mitch Duncan and Jack Gunston as well.

Although I acknowledge it's easy to pick the eyes out of a draft retrospectively. But many posters here were crying out for us to at least pick 2 KPPs and Talia was mentioned multiple times.

To draft 2 flankers who were both reaches at their picks was negligent.

Butcher, Talia and Tapscott were the three I wanted.

Such a waste

Is it Collingwood not coming to the party or just that they don’t have anywhere near the capital?

They have a future first which you wouldn’t bet on being an early pick and John Nobel who, media doing Collingwood’s bidding aside, is worth a 3rd round pick.
I think it’s Collingwood not having the capital but also being arrogant enough to think they can take us for a ride. Richards wanting to come to us has muddied the waters also, allowing them to overvalue him on the way to undervaluing Houston.

The two 1R picks that Carlton now hold are the right price for Houston.

Alternatively something like pick 6 and 23.

Best case scenario is that we deal with North via Carlton.

As much as having pick 2 ourselves is enticing, having two solid first round picks in this draft seems like a strong alternative too.

Take a high potential mid who can kick goals and then a KPP inside the first 15 picks.

Pretty sure Gawn was also an option at both 9 and 16

Yes but not realistically. Dont think he was ever spoken about as an early pick.

Gawn going from munting on and costing Melbourne their number 1 pick to being the best ruck of his generation is pretty extraordinary

Collingwood's offer is rubbish (in as much as an offer where they have no components can be an offer) but this is week one of an AFL-confected revenue stream that has to be filled in with something to get listeners/viewers/readers.

It will start to heat up from Monday.

Have you guys noticed?

Yes. I believe this is the first thread on a club board in BigFooty history where a potential blockbuster trade has been discussed in favourable terms for that club.

Well spotted, sir.

Wingard had one year left on a deal and Port thought he was going to jump as a free agent the next year. We did what we could there, the deal was fine.

Burgoyne was a lifetime ago, but out of contract and had been seduced by Clarkson as well as possible personal issues that were hinted at but never confirmed. Two first round picks and Jay Nash (with picks going back the other way) in a battle that was fought right over trade week was fair and certainly not rolling over.
Wingard was unders. Burgoyne was a fine deal and if we got a similar one for Houston I think everyone would be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back