List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

Port should just tell Dan you have two choices: go to North or stay at Port. What’s the ‘downside’ for Port if he says no to North. A player who’s initially disgruntled but will eventually come around.

Geelong did that with Esava 2 years ago. He was still under contract but Geelong said no to our more than fair offer.

Collingwood’s current offer isn’t even fair.
I think it's close. But totally agree, the offers for Dan will be exactly the same or better with extra years of picks available next year and we keep him for 1 more year of a premiership tilt.

We then hope his misses cheats on him and he stays forever

Do we know if Norths offer is even superior to Collingwood? Pick 13 and 23 may be more desirable than just pick a single pick around 6-8

I put this concept to someone at Port yesterday, and they snapped saying that the value of their future 1st is significantly less than a pick in the teens in this draft.

They believe that the quality of this draft is much, much better than next year, which is why they're likely going to give up a future 1 to get this deal done in the next week.

I personally don't agree with it, but that's the rationale of thinking down there.
Why did the club trade out of this year?

Points wise those 3 picks equate to pick 2. If we were offered straight Pick 2, would you take it? I actually don't mind that trade
Absolutely, the points system is pointless in the top 15.

Only really works with later or trash picks.

Another day of 'Collingwood have this in the bag', another day of no trade.

This will no doubt get done, but I suspect anyone thinking that it will be done before next week is kidding themselves.

There's no impetus to get the deal done right now. Port aren't in a rush and the price isn't going to suddenly come down.

Points wise those 3 picks equate to pick 2. If we were offered straight Pick 2, would you take it? I actually don't mind that trade

If Port somehow got pick 2 I'd entertain trading down for two picks in the 5-10 range if possible. But I think it's a moot point because I highly, highly doubt Dan is even considering North at this point.

Just to cover what I wrote above, obviously if you packaged those 3 picks, whilst they cover Pick 2 points wise, I doubt they would get us Pick 2 in a trade. I do think 3 late first rounders in a supposed deep draft is a good return.

This will no doubt get done, but I suspect anyone thinking that it will be done before next week is kidding themselves.

There's no impetus to get the deal done right now. Port aren't in a rush and the price isn't going to suddenly come down.

If Port somehow got pick 2 I'd entertain trading down for two picks in the 5-10 range if possible. But I think it's a moot point because I highly, highly doubt Dan is even considering North at this point.
Why do we give a flying **** what Dan is considering? He wants to get back to Victoria, Okay buddy, how much do you want to get back to Victoria? Play for a club that shouldn't even be in the league/but be with your girlfriend, or stay with us? Your choice Bucko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did the club trade out of this year?
Has to be because Ken was coming out of contract. I imagine the thought process at the time was if we don't patch the missing pieces then the overall season result would be bad enough to either sack Ken or look like pussies for not sacking him. Unfortunately the end result was a season not terrible enough for them to consider sacking him, no flag, a divided fanbase full of hatred and no worthwhile picks in this years draft. Absolute worst case scenario.

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

GAGF !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why do we give a flying **** what Dan is considering? He wants to get back to Victoria, Okay buddy, how much do you want to get back to Victoria? Play for a club that shouldn't even be in the league/but be with your girlfriend, or stay with us? Your choice Bucko.
Because we've got a hard on for a first rounder in this draft, they could've told Dan he's contracted and going nowhere months ago.

I completely agree with you. But that's not how this game works unfortunately.

Port have been on the good end of this where players have wanted to return to SA and the Crows have had a better trade package but the player has only wanted Port.

I personally think if a player wants to go to a particular city they should be able to be traded to any team in that city. The issue with that is currently player contracts are non-transferable from one team to the next. If they made them transferable then such a setup could take place.

Liked for the content but mainly for the use of the term "Bucko".

One could suggest that no amount of list changes will deliver a premiership as long as Ken is coach.

That doesn't necessarily mean though that they shouldn't make moves that they believe vault them into contention either.

It's a tricky situation, so much so that some people in the list management meetings over this season questioned whether they're building the list for next year under Ken or Carr.
You told us to enjoy trade week...

I'm not. I'm bored. I want some new shiny toys to get excited about 😔

P.s still want Koch ken and everyone else sacked.

Last edited:
Jordan Lewis says Ollie Lord getting chucked in could unlock the Houston trade.

Makes absolutely zero sense when their offer isn't good enough in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back