Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's selling your future only to finish 9th again in 2025 feel?
The Simpsons Hello GIF
Didn't the Blues just give up 12, F1, F2 and Owies for a selection they pray will become as good as Houston is?

Didn't the Blues just give up 12, F1, F2 and Owies for a selection they pray will become as good as Houston is?
Got back a F2 and got enough points for the campo twins also.

See you in 20 years when Leppa is still there Dodo style making shit deals and claiming to have won trade period.

Pies genuinely got shafted.

Hopefully much better than Houston is TBH

See you in 20 years when Leppa is still there Dodo style making shit deals and claiming to have won trade period.

The famous Campo twins who drop down the rankings every week that passes by. Not every F/S can be a Daicos, you know. I remember when the Davey twins were the next big thing about a year before they were drafted to Essendon.

Don't cry, mate. I'm sure Carlton are doing the right thing by their club.

Knowing he chose the arch enemy of the team he and his whole family supported, sure brings out the salt.
Second choice*, how does knowing you sold the farm for an older, slower Noble feel? And he didn't even want to play for you, we just didn't want him, hence the lowball offer to Port and we didnt even offer him a contract🤣😂

This is releasing so many endorphins. Life is awesome.

Only thing Collingwood are winning is a bottom 8 ladder position for years to come.
Pendles / Sidebottom / Howe / Cox / Elliott / Mihocek / Hoskin-E / Mitchell / Crisp ..... all 31 yo or older ...... McStay & Cameron turn 30 during next season .... and their youth coming through looks average

Deluded if they think Houston (28 next year) is going to magically thrust them back into Premiership contention

Also their first pick this year is 36 and they have traded away their F1 for next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles / Sidebottom / Howe / Cox / Elliott / Mihocek / Hoskin-E / Mitchell / Crisp ..... all 31 yo or older ...... McStay & Cameron turn 30 during next season .... and their youth coming through looks average

Deluded if they think Houston (28 next year) is going to magically thrust them back into Premiership contention

Also their first pick this year is 36 and they have traded away their F1 for next year
It's definitely an interesting approach. It's a flag next year or bust.

Second choice*, how does knowing you sold the farm for an older, slower Noble? And he didn't even want to play for you, we just didn't want him, hence the lowball offer to Port and we didnt even offer him a contract🤣😂

This is releasing so many endorphins. Life is awesome.

Sure, Jan.

Angry Wojak GIF by Leroy Patterson

And he didn't even want to play for you
Here's what I wrote in our Trade thread on Sep. 30...
I have heard 3rd hand Houston wants to come to us.
The same person was on the money with Mitchell being a done deal too.

1728972251521.png

The goal in footy is to be good, not young. Besides a clear weakness in the second key defensive post, Collingwood's 2025 team looks as good if not better than in 2023.

Shafted?

By trading a bloke who wasn’t good enough to play in a flag, another that has spent more time doing timetables with grade 3s than he has played games of footy and rights to a pick that would have been absorbed in a F/S selection next year?

Getting rid of all of those scraps and brining in a multi time AA?

I suppose when you’re used to seeing the players you love win multiple individual awards but have no team success - it would cloudy your judgement on AA being worthwhile.

Houston top 15 player in the comp according to AFL player ratings. Dual AA at his peak etc...

Carlton paid even more for a bag of magic beans.

Just hope you don't pick up Paddy Dow MkII. A 100 gamer would be an excellent outcome...

I'd think a Paddy Dow is quite unlikely in this draft. That and things have changed a bit since then. Dan is a fine player but as I've aluded to a number of times in this thread maybe I don't rate him as highly as some. He's cream, not cake, which works nicely for the Pies' needs.

Wow. Why are all these Carlton fans so upset and lashing out? :$
Welcome Dan!
Huh, even if trade period ended right now many of us would be very happy with the outcome

It's definitely an interesting approach. It's a flag next year or bust.
Essentially we're copying Chris Scotts approach. It's yielded the Cats and Pies a flag each in the last 3 years (plus a prelim each, and one year out of finals each).

I mean, it's working.

Tommy McGuane come on down!!

Wow. Why are all these Carlton fans so upset and lashing out? :$
Welcome Dan!
I was about to say the same thing and some posters are just online morons and like to create arguments. 🤨

If Fadge was in here i could understand it! 🤣

Here's what I wrote in our Trade thread on Sep. 30...
I have heard 3rd hand Houston wants to come to us.
The same person was on the money with Mitchell being a done deal too.

View attachment 2142589
Haha no one cares what you wrote, he wanted to play for Carlton, we didn't want him so he settled for the Pies.

I know it's funny to laugh at Port because of their ridiculous bluster. And it is funny.

But, GC do way worse than them out of this. Collingwood didn't have enough collateral to get the deal across the line and GC have stepped in and made up the difference. Absurd.

no they didnt, they got their objectives, dumping a couple of contracts got noble and move picks for next year NGA picks.

poorly run clubs would worry about what other clubs do that affect their own decison making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back